• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    can she talk to her professors and explain the situation and ask for her assignments to work from home until she gets back in class? Back in January 1995 I was ready for my last semester for my BS and was having brain surgery (no kidding, for real) 1 week before start of semester with about a 2 week recovery expected. I talked to all my professors in advance and told them the situation and asked for course syllabus and homework assignments and they said as long as I turned everything in on time, kept them updated and was in class for tests it was OK.

Can't hurt to ask....
    We're looking into distance learning and 1 other option. She's deep into her major course work and is hesitant. Says it tough enough to learn the stuff in class and thinks it would be worse to try it online.

Today's counts are in and they went down by .18 Very disappointing. Maybe she can come home tomorrow.
    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Son of a bitch! There sending her home! Doc came in this morning and said that the chemo was still in her system and that most likely caused the white cell drop, but since everything else went up he's releasing her. No visitors, no going out in public places. Must come in to see him 2 a week for blood draws for the next month.
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        Son of a bitch! There sending her home! Doc came in this morning and said that the chemo was still in her system and that most likely caused the white cell drop, but since everything else went up he's releasing her. No visitors, no going out in public places. Must come in to see him 2 a week for blood draws for the next month.
        Keep any pets away, and dont expose her to harsh cleaning products or chemicals for a little while.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

At least you can get some sleep now. Congratulations!
          For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• captaind
            Cook This Pork Chops
            • Jun 2013
            • Mars
            • Ball Holder
            • Send PM

Man, that's awesome. Hope this is the final road to recovery for your family.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Congrats bro. Thats great news.

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Quick Update: On the day her chemo was to end she developed a fever and had to be admitted to the hospital. She was feeling the full affects of the chemo by this point and it caused her white blood cell count to nearly bottom out. That was Thursday the 7th and as of today she is still in the hospital. She is feeling much better and looks much better and her vitals have stabilized at normal, but her blood counts haven't rebounded enough yet for them to discharge her. We're hoping for tomorrow. We need those white blood cells to get up over 1.0 and they are at .78 now. That's way better than the 0.1 she was at on Thursday.

The last week has been rough and I feel like the walking dead, but I'm hoping things are about to turn our way.
                I wish I could donate some blood, but because of Military service (CJD Disease risk if you must know) I can't.

I'll pray for you.
                sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Continued mojo!

Comment

• BoltBacker
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Las Vegas, NV
                    • Send PM

great news, she is a fighter

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Good news!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Mojo and Immunity Mojo!
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

Thanks to the entire community, from both myself and my daughter:thumbsup:

On Monday the 18th some of my girls blood counts had actually returned to the normal range. Platelets and white cells were both still low but were not critically low and continue on an upward trend. 2 of the Dr's consulted with her, and since she doesn't live in the dorm where she can be over exposed, she has been released to return to Auburn under certain conditions. She has to wear a mask on the transit to and from campus and in class. She carries hand sanitizer with her everywhere and try's not to touch anything, but her own belongings. No going out, period. A regular sleep schedule is important. Her body is still recovering from the chemo and she does fatigue easily. She has a Dr. in the Auburn area that she will see for a weekly CBC.

She's pretty determined to not let this hold her back in any way. Dr's said they will start to wean her off the antibiotics when her white cell counts get a little higher. Nobody's used the word remission, and I don't know when that is appropriate, but she appears to be bouncing back favorably. I still worry, and its affecting my sleep, but that will pass in time. 1 day at a time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X