Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Good news! More mojo your way!
      You keep your mojo and get well. Think of all the great stuff you get to eat when its time to pack the weight back on!
      sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • siberiacuse, ny
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
        December update: On the 15th she had her 6th bone marrow biopsy of the year. 6! After the procedure the Dr said it was a good sign that he pulled a lot of blood with the marrow. First time he's ever said anything like that, so I didn't know how to take it but I like good signs. The results came back yesterday and they are good. They felt there was even less of the cancer present than the last biopsy, but still "small traces". It appears to be dormant, but no one used the word remission so I don't know how to classify her condition. So we're just going to monitor her for the near future. Her platelet levels continue to rise and are at 110. That's low but they are still creeping back towards normal (140). There are no more biopsy's scheduled and she will be attending spring semester in Auburn for the first time since her freshman year. She should graduate in December of '17.

Its been a year since all this started. Looking back, it hard to believe that we went through this. Almost seems surreal. We're all looking forward to putting 2016 in the rear view mirror. 2016 was a crap year for us in more ways than 1. A big THANK YOU to the mods for allowing me to vent here, and a big THANK YOU to everyone else for all the mojo and encouragement. I truely hope that 2017 brings us all peace and happiness!
        You're welcome.

I hope 2017 is better for you and your daughter too.
        sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

In light of Stinky's recent news I thought I'd post this update, so he knows that he can and will beat this thing.

It was about this time 2 years ago that my daughter was diagnosed. Worst time of my life. Today, she is living life to the fullest and preparing to go out in the world and begin her chosen career. Just last Saturday, she GRADUATED from Auburn University with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering. She has a Federal job lined up on the same Post I work on and could be out-earning me by the time she's 26!! Most importantly, the cancer is still dormant and she is having no health issues. She is living life with no limitations and without medications of any kind. She has her follow up Dr appointments and has one today as a matter of fact, but we expect to continue to hear good news.

Stinky, this will be you one day! Never give up! You are and will continue to be in my family's thoughts until you have defeated this bug. You are one of the main reasons I continue to check in on this place, and until the day comes that you announce you are 100% cancer free I will continue to come here and cheer you on!! No one fights alone and this community will drag you into remission even if we have to drag you kicking and screaming.

#FUCKCANCER!
          sigpic

Comment

• captaind
            captaind commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome news, Mako. Great to hear.

• Panamamike
            Panamamike commented
            Editing a comment
            Happiest news I have heard in a while. Congrats to your daughter on her graduation and job!
        • Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Great news Mako. And congratulations to your daughter, we need more women engineers.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Mojo works!

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Good for you and your family. Thats great news. Best Christmas present ever.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Just got chills. Great news
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Darth Sergious
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Great to read this, much love to Mako and family

Comment

• Charged4Life
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Send PM

Excellent!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Thanks for the update and positive thoughts! So happy for your family with your daughter in remission!can't wait on that side of this too!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• UtahBolt
                        Did we win?
                        • Jun 2013
                        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
                        • Send PM

Great news Mako!! Great that she is healthy and kicking butt at such an awesome time in you her life.
                        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

Working...
                        X