Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Ja'Sir Taylor had a solid game for a 1st time starter. Props to him.

Comment

• northerner
      Charger fan since '79
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

I too was at the game with a friend who's a Dolphins fan, he thought 55/45 Chargers fans I thought 55/45 Dolphins fans, we agreed at 50/50.
      i think the charger fans had the advantage, but when the dolphins scored, the roar from their fans was surprising.

Comment

• FoutsFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Birmingham AL
        • Send PM

Originally posted by northerner View Post

inside the stadium, you could definitely hear the dolphin fans. what i had hard time determining was how loud the chargers fans were vs. the dolphin fans.

also, from a visual perspective, there were plenty of patches of dolphin fans. when i went to the 49ers game (I live in santa clara), the visual was pretty much nothing but 49ers fans and tiny specs of powder blue.
        For me listening on TV I could barely hear the Dullfins fans. The Charger fans seemed pretty loud. It seemed like one of our most home field advantage game in some time.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

We don't talk enough about the impact of J.K. Scott creating so many Fair Catches. It has made a marked difference in the team's battle for field position.

You'd think we'd remember all of the nightmare returns the Bolts special teams units have surrendered over the years....

Scott has the occasional shorter-than-you'd-like punt-- say, 35 yards-- but even a marginal distance like that precludes the back-breaking return, if it has to be fair caught.

Scott's offseason signing didn't impress me at the time, but he has, IMO, single-footedly (heheh) improved the Bolts' punting game from a C-minus to a B-plus.
          43.5 avg, 42 net avg - thats better than I thought (he had a couple short ones last night). Ok, I’ll retract my data-less unfounded slander on the good man - he can stay on for awhile. Its still middle of the pack as far as NFL standards go though - he’s not elite, i think I counted him around #15 net avg rank (may have miscounted, screen froze up and that is not a stat worth researching twice )
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

It's an interesting contrast with Rivers, who was, um, pretty animated.
            Nice way to put it.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• ChargingBolts
              Superbowl?
              • Sep 2018
              • Los Angeles/Chicago
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

For me listening on TV I could barely hear the Dullfins fans. The Charger fans seemed pretty loud. It seemed like one of our most home field advantage game in some time.
              Because they had little to cheer for ... except 2 plays

The seats, the bathrooms, the concourse, the exits, the parking lot close to 50/50

Thankfully we had the lead wire to wire to keep them quiet

I saw them play us at StubHub and it was like 50/50 there then as well.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

I just watched the post game vid. Herbie was the "Jesus of cool" with that locker room spike. That was freaking awesome. Nice of Staley to give the D a team ball too. Also I was struck by how humble Herbie was when he was singled out by coach. He truly is a consummate professional. Nice to see in today's age of the ultra ego.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post

Because they had little to cheer for ... except 2 plays

The seats, the bathrooms, the concourse, the exits, the parking lot close to 50/50

Thankfully we had the lead wire to wire to keep them quiet

I saw them play us at StubHub and it was like 50/50 there then as well.
                  Interesting. Thanks for the update, that was impossible to conclude on TV.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Staley said last night that the team “played hard”. That’s what I saw. Didn’t look like they took any plays off. Just balled every single time. I think the scheme he designed last night was more aggressive. Tua is used to having open receivers and his guys weren’t last night. Miami could not find one thing that worked on offense last night. Not one
                    "Playing hard" was the emphasis and something Staley was desperately trying to reinforce after the game.
                    IDK if it was Staley that got the team to play with that energy, but that's what's needed every week to make up for our roster/depth deficiencies.
                    whatever it is, hope Staley found the magic buttons to push.
                    I wonder if it has anything to do with James sitting on the sideline.
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

This drives me NUTS!!! These guys are so self involved, they forget what's actually going on!
                      Had Gilman played to the whistle ( as we were ALL taught from Pee Wee, on up) HE, not Hill, might get that ball.
                      I'd bench him the first series next week, make him stand next to Hill, while Hill points out his replacement going full tilt until the whistle is blown.
                      Thankfully it didn't cost us the game but it most certainly shifted momentum, something we so rarely have this year..
                      IMO His reaction wasn't that of someone who just stopped playing, he clearly was angry because he thought he saw a Dolphin player with the ball. But point stands, you gotta keep working until the whistle blows, I think that habit comes with more experience.
                      overall I'm high on Alohi for consistently providing key plays however under appreciated by fans. He wasn't even Staleys guy and gives max effort, well outside of that one play.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

ok, maybe we had a larger advantage than what it felt like. that was my first night game in Sofi and it was great.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

On the Radio broadcast, you could definitely hear the Dolphin fans, especially when the Bolts were 3rd and long. I didn't think the Bolt fans reciprocated though.

Comment

Working...
                          X