JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Pretty sure Staley was a major influence in the 2022 - 23 FA signings. Staley / TT has done pretty well.
    It would take result in 2023 to say that
    And I think so
    Am I a pollyanna ?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

It would take result in 2023 to say that
      And I think so
      Am I a pollyanna ?
      Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Pretty sure Staley was a major influence in the 2022 - 23 FA signings. Staley / TT has done pretty well.
        Agreed - I've given him (Staley) credit for this previously. He's improved TT's drafts significantly. Now if we could just limit him to assisting our GM and giving interviews we might have something . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I thought the Charger Way was running up a big lead and then blowing the game...oh, WAIT a minute, that's the OTHER Charger Way...never mind...
          There are (unfortunately) multiple different means to achieve the 'Charger Way'; the headbutt, the 4th down interception runback / fumble, the LOS imaginary tackle (thanks Antonio), the big chill (thanks weather gods), Jerry Rice (doh), and the most recent - the helmet toss. I'm sure I've missed 10 or 20 more memorable moments . . . . . seems like I've actually managed to suppress some - yea for me!!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Agreed - I've given him (Staley) credit for this previously. He's improved TT's drafts significantly. Now if we could just limit him to assisting our GM and giving interviews we might have something . . . . .
            Lol, that made me laugh. Funny stuff

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

There are (unfortunately) multiple different means to achieve the 'Charger Way'; the headbutt, the 4th down interception runback / fumble, the LOS imaginary tackle (thanks Antonio), the big chill (thanks weather gods), Jerry Rice (doh), and the most recent - the helmet toss. I'm sure I've missed 10 or 20 more memorable moments . . . . . seems like I've actually managed to suppress some - yea for me!!
              The holy roller, the Hochuli whistle both generated rules changes. The Oilers sign-stealing come immediately to mind as i spent the night outside the stadium in line for tickets to the next game for that one.

You guys do know that EVERY team has similar lists, right? There’s 31 teams every year with a list. I know you all like to think the Chargers are different, they aren’t that different.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

The holy roller, the Hochuli whistle both generated rules changes. The Oilers sign-stealing come immediately to mind as i spent the night outside the stadium in line for tickets to the next game for that one.

You guys do know that EVERY team has similar lists, right? There’s 31 teams every year with a list. I know you all like to think the Chargers are different, they aren’t that different.
                Thanks for the reminder .

Most of our gaffs have to do with stupidity or choking in one form or other, and seem to be more embarrassing than other teams mistakes. We did allow Jacksonville the 3rd best comeback in league history last year. Charger mistakes (and the quantity of them) just seem to be a cut above everyone elses.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Thanks for the reminder .

Most of our gaffs have to do with stupidity or choking in one form or other, and seem to be more embarrassing than other teams mistakes. We did allow Jacksonville the 3rd best comeback in league history last year. Charger mistakes (and the quantity of them) just seem to be a cut above everyone elses.
                  The McCree one still rankles me the most

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

I agree 100% - that's the worst one for me as well. All he has to do is fall down (or bat the ball down) and we win. And then he compounds it by saying he'd do the same thing again!! WTF!!

At least he's immortal now - I'm sure every pop warner, high school, college and pro coach has a teaching video of McCree fucking up to show his players what NOT to do.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

That was absolutely brutal, but what really pisses me off about it was he is still defiant about the play and to this day says he'd do the same thing again - WTF???

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

I agree 100% - that's the worst one for me as well. All he has to do is fall down (or bat the ball down) and we win. And then he compounds it by saying he'd do the same thing again!! WTF!!

At least he's immortal now - I'm sure every pop warner, high school, college and pro coach has a teaching video of McCree fucking up to show his players what NOT to do.
                        Houston '79 is #2 for me. Pastoriini AND Campbell both out ... MFIC threw 5 picks.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

That was absolutely brutal, but what really pisses me off about it was he is still defiant about the play and to this day says he'd do the same thing again - WTF???
                          Yep. Sounds a lot like ' I don't feel that we got outcoached'. Ego - making smart people say stupid things . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X