Chargers @ Broncos Pregame Discussion Thread (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

For sure, Jacksonville is a legitimately good team right now. It's not an easy path but it’s probably the easiest possible path. But this is how the AFC is going to be for the foreseeable future with all of the good QBs, so we better get used to it.
    Afc is loaded at QB. Out of balance with the NFC

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      I think both Broncos and Raiders had a nice bounce that sometimes comes from a dramatic change. And I think the Chiefs and 49ers maybe underestimated their opponents. I look for both Raiders and Broncos to fall back to earth last game of the season. Oh, and its great that Stidham played so well. Gives Raiders false hope for next year and maybe they don't draft a qb now.

I want to beat the Broncos. Just because.

I also want Ravens and Bengals to beat the Crap out of each other. Ravens played a very very physical game last night. Also look for Titans who are rested and Jags who are hot to beat the tar out of each other too.

Regardless of what happens, Chargers have just as good a shot at all of this as every other team in the playoffs. Really feel that way. In years past, I always felt they might win a couple but not all of it (except for the Jets/Kaeding/Shottenheimer year. I thought that was our year)

TG
      I agree with you about both the Raiders and Broncos have changes that helped. The Broncos were in that game - but a couple mistakes. The Wilson fumble cost them a field goal attempt/ There was an iffy OPI call that really changed this

Stidham looked pretty good yesterday - see if he can back it up

rooting for the Bills tonight - just do not want the Chefs to get home field advantage - go through Buffalo

really hoping the NFL plays the Browns/Steelers and Bengals/Ravens in the early window - but I know they won't do that

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Afc is loaded at QB. Out of balance with the NFC
        This offseason the balance will be restored, Carr will sign with either Tampa or Washington…:rofl:
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Normally the Cincy/Balt game would be the early game. If so the Chargers may know the outcome before or slightly after their game begins. Sooooo, if the Ravens lose, sit the starters as the Den game becomes meaningless for seeding purposes. But if the Ravens win Staley has some decisions to make. Do you sacrifice the starters fora better seating? Is Jacksonville really a better seating than a possible matchup with Cincy/Buffalo/KC? I actually prefer KC over the Jags if comes down to it. But going to Cincy or Buffalo is not very appealing in my book.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
            Normally the Cincy/Balt game would be the early game. If so the Chargers may know the outcome before or slightly after their game begins. Sooooo, if the Ravens lose, sit the starters as the Den game becomes meaningless for seeding purposes. But if the Ravens win Staley has some decisions to make. Do you sacrifice the starters fora better seating? Is Jacksonville really a better seating than a possible matchup with Cincy/Buffalo/KC? I actually prefer KC over the Jags if comes down to it. But going to Cincy or Buffalo is not very appealing in my book.
            My guess, the NFL will play the Chargers/Broncos, Steelers/Browns and Bengals Ravens all in the 425 window of games. There are enough lousy early games to fill the need in the morning

The NFL will not want the Chargers to rest players against Denver by playing those two AFCN games early as if the Ravens lose, the Chargers are the 5 automatically

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

As much as I would love to beat the Donkeys, if the Ravens fold in the early game, I say rest starters, or pull them early...but absolutely we want the 5th seed, and a chance to play in favorable weather in Jacksonville...better chance to win, warm temps better for player health/injury prevention...just my take.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                Dea Spanos my HERO
                • Dec 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post
                The Chargers contrary to common sense are actually a good cold weather team. I personally love snow games even though the Ice Bowl game against the Bengals was one we should have won with Fouts but nope.

Comment

• LarryAW
                  Chargers fan since 1970
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Chula Vista, CA
                  • retired paralegal/court reporter
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If the Chargers can sew up the No. 5 seed, Staley will play to win the game. Not only would the Chargers get a more favorable matchup in the 1st round, there would be a remote chance the Chargers could host the AFC Championship game.
                  Three words: The Freezer Bowl.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                    Superbowl?
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Los Angeles/Chicago
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yeah, you are right. If the Bengals beat the Bills tonight they have a chance at the top seed if the Raiders beat the Chiefs next week. If the Bengals lose to the Bills tonight, next week's game against the Ravens would be for the AFC North division title. Either way, the Bengals are going to play to win against the BAL next week.
                    If the Bengals win tonight they'll know Sunday if they have to play starters Sunday based on the Saturday KC result (if K.C. beats the Raiders which they should then Cincy should rest players giving Baltimore a easier win meaning we have to play our starters risking injury the entire game).

What was the NFL thinking having KC play Saturday when the results matter on Sundays starters?!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

I assume DJ is back this weekend?
                      With he and Bosa now back in the fold going forward, I'm hoping Staley has a well defined roll for both of them.
                      The D has absolutely balled out the past month without our 2 best players. Every other guy on that side of the ball is up to speed with their responsibilities( where to be, and when to be there!) Joey and Derwin will have to "stay in their lanes" if this D is to continue their current form.
                      Denver( bad season but obviously still playing hard)is actually a good test for our coordinators to ensure our 2 best players are on the same page as the rest of their colleagues
                      It'll give them the opportunity to figure out how best to deploy our game changers in the Lombardi tourney.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

All signs are LAC will play to win, and as long as they are judicious with our key stars thats ok. But this blood chant far too often repeated on TPB that we need some odd revenge, pay back, beat down, or any such similar macho silliness on the donks is really immature.
                        DMAC… are you seriously calling me immature for wanting to beat a rival team? I grew up watching and going to Charger games in the 77/78 season making banners in elementary school to stomp on the orange crush. Im 52 brother. I think you read things perhaps a bit off from reality. I try to have a balanced viewpoint here and am not negative yet not too pollyanna….but give me a break on calling out someones maturity…geez. I dont wish injury on any team but id love to send the Donkies team and fans feeling like they really had a shitty year…thats not immaturity…perhaps just a difference of approach.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

They are setting up the wildcard teams to get one less day before they play the first playoff games. They have always set KC up to get an extra day before the first playoff game the last few years.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X