Chargers @ Broncos Pregame Discussion Thread (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Looking ahead...

The Chargers are going to be the only wildcard team to win next week and that puts them in KC for the Divisional Round in two weeks. The long-range weather forecast for that weekend in KC says mid 40s, sunny or partly cloudy, no snow or rain, no wind on Sat and a little wind on Sun.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Looking ahead...

The Chargers are going to be the only wildcard team to win next week and that puts them in KC for the Divisional Round in two weeks. The long-range weather forecast for that weekend in KC says mid 40s, sunny or partly cloudy, no snow or rain, no wind on Sat and a little wind on Sun.
      Let’s take care of business tomorrow. Next week won’t be a cake walk either

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Exactly - figure out what needs to happen today, win or rest - and worry about the Jags

granted I do think the Ravens will get rolled by the Bengals

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I'm not the team. It's OK for me to look ahead.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Let's say we play the Jags next week! Based on all factors, we should be favored and be able to take care of business. If we were to lose to the Jags(who we are more talented than) It would be very bad because it would mean we were out coached by a team that beat us twice with a worst record. Its hard to imagine finding logic in bringing back our staff after this sort of debacle and I'm sure a certain core of Chargers fans will be screaming for a change! But lets remain positive. Go Chargers! This is going to be interesting.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Taking the fam to LA today, Disneyland tomorrow.
              tonight, there will be a group of charger fans at costamesa office welcoming the players back
              Hoping to be there.
              I'll update this post with the link later.
              Boltup gang!
              G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think from a cap perspective - -the Raiders really cannot trade Adams - the dead cap hit would be huge. Now I will never say never but I find that one hard to believe

Adams is so smooth out there though,. He caught one pass today against the Chiefs - put his hands uip at hte last possible moment so the DB couldn't react to make a play. REally good player

Also I don't think the Chargers with their cap - again, never say never, I am not sure they will have the funds. This offseason is going to be pretty tight to the cap. As of today, if you count the need to sign 12 players to get to 53 and another $5m for the year - they are close to $20m over the cap. If not more as the rookie class will be more expensive than just minimum level players.
                Have we factored in that our draft picks taken at 32, 64 … etc will be cheaper than 17, 49 …?
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm not the team. It's OK for me to look ahead.
                  Lol, right? We get a lot of coaching slogans and advice for a couple guys sitting in BarcaLoungers eating cheese balls and watching red zone highlights … I am skeptical that their coaching is going to be effective, but i do appreciate they are invested in our development. Its flattering.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                    Dea Spanos my HERO
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    Taking the fam to LA today, Disneyland tomorrow.
                    tonight,there will be a group of charger fans at costamesa office welcoming the players back
                    Hoping to be there.

I'll update this post with the link later.
                    Boltup gang!
                    Bravo.

Warrior

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Have we factored in that our draft picks taken at 32, 64 … etc will be cheaper than 17, 49 …?
                      Good point or the fact the Salary Cap increases on average around $10 million per year.

Those should be cap credits or adjustments if not already calculated by the bro.

Overthecap.com is who I use for quick peeks at our cap.

Comment

Working...
                      X