• Send PM

5-12.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I don't expect A) sound decisions, B) concrete moves to win a championship C) or championships or titles of any kind until Dean Spanos sells the team after the conclusion of the 2025 season (which he has stated his intent to do).

There will be three more years of this, meaning closer to the basement than the division lead. Those are my full and complete expectations for Dean Spanos, Thank you.
      Unless the courts rules again him, I think you’re going to be disappointed if you think Dean is selling the team after 2025.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Now imagine Brady to the Raiders just so he can torment us again.

Staley will be lucky to go 2-4 in the division again.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

They’ve got the players whether he stays or not.
          Coaching matters as we’ve seen. Payton hasn’t had the best record when it comes to picking DCs before Allen.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2023
            • Send PM

Wow I apologize a 1st and 2nd round pick for a head coach????????? That’s ridiculous. That’s QB capital. I would never trade that for a Coach.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You might laugh but I see a championship organization that sees the value of trying to have excellent coaching and isn't afraid to go after it.

If Hackett has been our HC, Spanos would have given him an extension.

On days like this, the stark contrast between the Chargers and the better-run organizations couldn't be more clear.
              Too early to say if Denver is well run. This is the owner’s first move.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2022
                • White Rock, BC Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Chiefs have plenty of misses/failures to retain.

I expect Creed vs PHI IDL to be more of a big, big problem for KC.

Mahomes will still have limitations.

Count officiating crews in KCs depth.

How long can Mahomes to Kelce sustain ?

That is really the only question in the AFCW.

Otherwise it is up for grabs and we are in the hunt.
                Oh Kelce can start getting older and slowing down any time now. Been waiting for that for a while, but at 34 he is still killing it, and the Chargers.

By limitations do you mean Mahomes sore ankle? Because talent wise/result wise/incredible play wise he is probably the best QB there has ever been in such a short career. Brady wins but he cant pull off the stuff Mahomes does. Mahomes probably has fewer limitations on what he can pull off than any QB ever has

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post

maybe theres a lesson to be learned here for the Spanos.
                  Not do what Denver did last year and trade the world for a bad QB?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    We all acknowledge that we're number 2 so long as we can't beat KC. Or prove thag we can win the division.
                    Yet, somehow, Denver is absolved from proving anything.

Fearspeak. Do not engage.
                    I still see the Chargers as #2 AFC West seed but Payton will make the division tougher and Raiders can only get better. To remain there the Chargers need to up their game from this year where aside from the Dolphins they did not beat a single good team and barely got by teams with losing records. The schedule outside the division looks alot tougher next year.

Chargers will need to stay healthier and they will need better coaching and more consistent play than 2022.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Too early to say if Denver is well run. This is the owner’s first move.
                      Fair enough, but I meant historically.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                        Wow I apologize a 1st and 2nd round pick for a head coach????????? That’s ridiculous. That’s QB capital. I would never trade that for a Coach.
                        You wouldn't trade a Jerry Tillery type pick for a proven HC to pair with your young QB for the next several years??

Comment

• rensoul
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

This was a smart hire by Denver. The 1st rounder they will be giving up is SF's spot, so bottom of the round close to 2nd round value for a top tier coach with a future 2nd round pick while getting back a future 3rd from the Saints.

Payton has decades of experience and as much as some seem to give him flack about only winning a Super Bowl once, he was in the playoffs frequently and built a laughing stock franchise from the ground up to being a contender.

Unfortunately, when it comes to coaching head to head matchups, the Chargers are at a distinct disadvantage against KC/Denver now. Both HC's actually know what they're doing.

I expect Wilson to look a lot more like his old self the next couple of seasons.

Comment

Working...
                          X