• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

Oh Kelce can start getting older and slowing down any time now. Been waiting for that for a while, but at 34 he is still killing it, and the Chargers.

By limitations do you mean Mahomes sore ankle? Because talent wise/result wise/incredible play wise he is probably the best QB there has ever been in such a short career. Brady wins but he cant pull off the stuff Mahomes does. Mahomes probably has fewer limitations on what he can pull off than any QB ever has
    Yes. It is the ankle. And the matchup across the board with PHI Dline.

Reid will scheme. Let's see how it goes.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I still see the Chargers as #2 AFC West seed but Payton will make the division tougher and Raiders can only get better. To remain there the Chargers need to up their game from this year where aside from the Dolphins they did not beat a single good team and barely got by teams with losing records. The schedule outside the division looks alot tougher next year.

Chargers will need to stay healthier and they will need better coaching and more consistent play than 2022.

I think the offense will pull their weight. Herbert will likely be healthier and OC Moore will likely make a significant difference. I expect more speed on the field as well so the offense will probably look better.

The defense is what will make or break the team in 23 imo. The division has 3 offensive minded HC's who are all very experienced in game planning/play calling with two top tier ones in Reid/Payton.

The defense will need to make a significant jump or I expect mediocre results and a HC fired at the end of the season.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

The title of this thread should be “Broncos hire their third choice as head coach”

They made two really hard runs at Ryans and got shot down.
        They made two really hard runs at Harbaugh and got shot down.
        Then they hired Payton.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Rebuild? Why would they need too? I’ll take that defense over ours in a new york minute, they had a lot of injuries on offense too, lost their starting LT, their stud RB, and one of their best WRs for the year and they still beat us at their place with an interim coach and that beat up wilson threw it on our ‘put a roof on it defense’ like it was nothing…

denver just got way more dangerous, not unbeatable but it’s going to require moore cracking that defense, which lombo never did, and staley matching wits with yet another veteran coach…
          Why would they need to rebuild? They have finished in last place for 3 straight years and 4 of the last 6 years. Their D is good but not what it was a few years ago and as a Charger fan I laugh when other team's injuries are brought up.

I won't underestimate Payton but I certainly don't fear him.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

You wouldn't trade a Jerry Tillery type pick for a proven HC to pair with your young QB for the next several years??
            That’s assuming you know in hindsight that it’ll be a Jerry Tillery type player. There have been good low first round picks.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I think the offense will pull their weight. Herbert will likely be healthier and OC Moore will likely make a significant difference. I expect more speed on the field as well so the offense will probably look better.

The defense is what will make or break the team in 23 imo. The division has 3 offensive minded HC's who are all very experienced in game planning/play calling with two top tier ones in Reid/Payton.

The defense will need to make a significant jump or I expect mediocre results and a HC fired at the end of the season.
              Speaking of injuries, I wonder if they’ll add anything to the sports science department this offseason.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Unless the courts rules again him, I think you’re going to be disappointed if you think Dean is selling the team after 2025.

I spend an awful lot of time reading lawsuits because it's the only time litigants are sworn to tell the truth. You should really read this paragraph
                and understand it's language. If Dean would like to be sued for breach of contract by his other siblings, that's his call,
                but he's agreed to sell after his investment matures, and below are those terms.

Dean.png

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Solid. If the D can stay healthy, that would be huge for making that jump. Crossed fingers.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                    Registered Dude
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Westminster, MA
                    • Send PM

Ain't it great having a cheapskate billionaire as your owner?

Maybe the Spanii should sell more baloney sandwiches.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      5-12.
                      Or something similar...and I assume you're talking about the Chargers.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

This should help Denver be a little better but not enough to make playoffs. 8-9 at best.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                          Bring it.

I wonder if he'll hire Lombardi as OC.

Lots of anxious Charger fans; feel free to abandon ship now.
                          white flags will be distributed by mail.
                          me, I'll BOLTtheFUCKUP.
                          I still remember the 'bring it!' comments when Peyton Manning arrived in Denver.

Comment

Working...
                          X