• Show
Clear All
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

We will see, they are stuck with Wilson for 2-4 years it seems. Payton is a good coach, I am not sure he is as great as some make him out to be, but I am sure he will improve the Donkeys, just not sure how much.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Better record than any coach the Chargers have had.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Norv Turner with his 4-4 playoff record objects to this!

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

For 2023, maybe.

Does the NFL cease to exist after that?
          Fair enough, I see your point.

The Broncos will be the greatest team to ever play the game after 2023. 85 Bears? 72 Dolphins? Childs play, buffoons, armature hour for sure. These Broncos may not lose a game for the next decade.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Fair enough, I see your point.

The Broncos will be the greatest team to ever play the game after 2023. 85 Bears? 72 Dolphins? Childs play, buffoons, armature hour for sure. These Broncos may not lose a game for the next decade.
            They don't have to win anything to be a thorn in our side, which is what they are with Payton there.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They don't have to win anything to be a thorn in our side, which is what they are with Payton there.
              Mosquitos. Annoying critters, look better when we smash 'em.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                A good Broncos team is good for the Bolts. Maybe KC won't automatically win those two games every season now.

I don't like Payton (he seems like a slime ball to me) but he is a good coach, particularly offensively. The key is, how will Wilson react to his coaching? Seems Wilson was told for years how great he was and how nothing was ever his fault. How is he going to react to Payton when he tells him to do something he doesn't want to do? Also Payton is a Parcells guy, not a hugger. I am not sure how their relationship is going to work.

TG
                payton is a proven winner and a fantastic play caller, if wilson can’t make it work with payton it’ll massively tarnish his legacy…IMO this hire puts more pressure on wilson than it does payton…I agree, I think he’s a major slime ball too…outwardly lobbying for filled coaching positions is beyond shitty and I hope it doesn’t become common place…it’s kind of cool that the guy didn’t get any of the jobs he had on his list, he’ll have to settle for the broncos like they had to settled for him…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

The notable thing to me is that they are coaching in quite a few playoff games.

Do people forget what the Saints were before Payton took over and changed the whole franchise? I think they made the playoffs twice in 13 years and were perennial losers.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The notable thing to me is that they are coaching in quite a few playoff games.

Do people forget what the Saints were before Payton took over and changed the whole franchise? I think they made the playoffs twice in 13 years and were perennial losers.
                    Culture changer. Exactly what we need

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Sean PAYton is in it for the money. I won't believe him saying otherwise. Denver is still a mess.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

payton is a proven winner and a fantastic play caller, if wilson can’t make it work with payton it’ll massively tarnish his legacy…IMO this hire puts more pressure on wilson than it does payton…I agree, I think he’s a major slime ball too…outwardly lobbying for filled coaching positions is beyond shitty and I hope it doesn’t become common place…it’s kind of cool that the guy didn’t get any of the jobs he had on his list, he’ll have to settle for the broncos like they had to settled for him…
                        We’ll see about Payton’s and Wilson’s relationship. Wilson did try a power play against Carroll. And the Seahawks chose Carroll.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They've been a thorn in our side for years now. In what will be known as the years after Peyton and before Payton we always played like idiots against them. Even in 2018, our best season over the last 15 years, we lost a game to them we shouldn't have.

Comment

Working...
                          X