• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I guess that dream team with Fangio as his DC isn't happening (not that Fangio would go back to the Broncos):

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      I guess that dream team with Fangio as his DC isn't happening (not that Fangio would go back to the Broncos):

Unless Staley calls him.
      Do it!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Unless Staley calls him.
        Do it!
        The dolphins made fangio the “highest paid” that’s not money that the NFL mandates the Spanii to spend unlike the salary cap, so why would they pay fangio almost as much as their HC? From the sound of it KM is making more than your average OC already…

but forget all of that, Staley is not going to let go of the defensive play calling reigns, he’ll lose his job before he does that…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The dolphins made fangio the “highest paid” that’s not money that the NFL mandates the Spanii to spend unlike the salary cap, so why would they pay fangio almost as much as their HC? From the sound of it KM is making more than your average OC already…

but forget all of that, Staley is not going to let go of the defensive play calling reigns, he’ll lose his job before he does that…
          Agree - and if he doesn't improve the way the D plays, it could cost him his job (though if Moore works out, it could ease the pressure on the D).

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why after the superbowl?

Is Sean Payton potentiallly in his ear?
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Payton's Donks are an NFL team we're scheduled to play twice next year.
              All the "Ooooo, they are soooo SCARY!' BS will make it more satisfying than ever to kick their butts.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Why after the superbowl?

Is Sean Payton potentiallly in his ear?
                Yeah, that’s a bit strange, most of these guys can’t wait to get started, you’d think he’d want to get in the facility ASAP and get the offseason off and running, it’s not like he didn’t just have a whole year off to watch football on his couch and spend time with the family…I din’t think it has anything to do with payton anymore, I just can’t see him accepting the DC position on a team that fired him just last year…

there were rumors that he was interested in the 49er DC position after ryans left for houston, his (fangio’s) fiance works and lives in SF…
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                  Payton's Donks are an NFL team we're scheduled to play twice next year.
                  All the "Ooooo, they are soooo SCARY!' BS will make it more satisfying than ever to kick their butts.
                  They were terrible last year, but we didn't exactly kick their butts. Based on how the last game went some would say
                  they kicked our butts. And remember we didn't exactly dominate them in our 1st game. One punt that hit some guys
                  helmet determined that game. Reminder: We were 2-4 in our division. We had a tough first game against the Raiders
                  when we were healthy. Lost game 2, when it mattered. I don't think we've had a winning record in our division for some
                  years.

So maybe Moore turns our O around and makes it elite and maybe Staley finally shows us his brilliance on defense.
                  But otherwise I don't think we are kicking anybody's butt in our division. It just got a wee bit more competitive with
                  Payton to the Donks. The Raiders were a mess and will have a new QB. But somehow they always manage to beat
                  us at least once per year.

Here's hoping I'm wrong. :toyou:

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They were terrible last year, but we didn't exactly kick their butts. Based on how the last game went some would say
                    they kicked our butts. And remember we didn't exactly dominate them in our 1st game. One punt that hit some guys
                    helmet determined that game. Reminder: We were 2-4 in our division. We had a tough first game against the Raiders
                    when we were healthy. Lost game 2, when it mattered. I don't think we've had a winning record in our division for some
                    years.

So maybe Moore turns our O around and makes it elite and maybe Staley finally shows us his brilliance on defense.
                    But otherwise I don't think we are kicking anybody's butt in our division. It just got a wee bit more competitive with
                    Payton to the Donks. The Raiders were a mess and will have a new QB. But somehow they always manage to beat

Hope springs eternal.
                    I see change. Moore is a nice start.
                    Wk 18 Donks was a meaningless team exercise.
                    Wk 14-17 we crushed a good team and 3 we should have crushed.
                    WC game we crushed Jax @ 25 mins on D and folded 2nd half. That sucks.
                    When Davis went out the offense had nothing, couldn't even burn clock and the D ran out of gas.
                    IMO we win that with Moore.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

years.

We could make the same argument about our games vs the Chiefs. We could have swept them if Everett doesn't quit his route on the pick 6 or if a couple of ticky tack defensive fouls and replay overturn don't take away 3 interceptions. Style wins count as wins so it doesn't matter how we won.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Hope springs eternal.
                        I see change. Moore is a nice start.
                        Wk 18 Donks was a meaningless team exercise.
                        Wk 14-17 we crushed a good team and 3 we should have crushed.
                        WC game we crushed Jax @ 25 mins on D and folded 2nd half. That sucks.
                        When Davis went out the offense had nothing, couldn't even burn clock and the D ran out of gas.
                        IMO we win that with Moore.
                        Not meaningless, not for the Broncos. We lost MW and that cost us. Every game has meaning in different ways.
                        27-0 and 5-0 in turnovers will go down in Charger lore, which is not a good thing.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

The notable thing to me is that they are coaching in quite a few playoff games.

Do people forget what the Saints were before Payton took over and changed the whole franchise? I think they made the playoffs twice in 13 years and were perennial losers.
                          Fans wore bags over their head. Payton turned it around - how much him, how much Brees - beats me. The age-old question right there.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X