Clear All
  • nomad1946
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2017
    • West Yellowstone, Montana
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Fans wore bags over their head. Payton turned it around - how much him, how much Brees - beats me. The age-old question right there.
    Don't forget they had a lot of high draft picks, losing most of your games year after year will do that.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Not meaningless, not for the Broncos. We lost MW and that cost us. Every game has meaning in different ways.
      27-0 and 5-0 in turnovers will go down in Charger lore, which is not a good thing.
      I'll always remember 27-0! Friggin impossible. I think our players were as shocked as I was. No one was prepared for dominating that totally. Now they are. Expect it.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We could make the same argument about our games vs the Chiefs. We could have swept them if Everett doesn't quit his route on the pick 6 or if a couple of ticky tack defensive fouls and replay overturn don't take away 3 interceptions. Style wins count as wins so it doesn't matter how we won.
        Could of would of, close enough only counts in horse shoes. KC has beaten us like the last 10 times. (I'm to lazy to look it up). Reid to KC
        has been a disaster for us. Now we also have to contend with Payton. It may take him a couple of years, but trust me this guy is a problem.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
          French Speaking Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Québec city
          • Send PM

Could of would of, close enough only counts in horse shoes. KC has beaten us like the last 10 times. (I'm to lazy to look it up). Reid to KC
          has been a disaster for us. Now we also have to contend with Payton. It may take him a couple of years, but trust me this guy is a problem.
          :idby:

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Right, but my comment was in reply to how we got dominated by the Broncos in the game we won. We dominated KC and lost. In the end, winning is all that matters. Payton is a good coach - we'll see what happens.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Meh.......bring it on Sean. He made the playoffs in 9 of his 16 years, which is pretty darned good. But aside from his SB season he was one and done twice and lost game 2 SIX times. 7 of those teams won 11 games or more with 4 of them 12 or 13 game winners. It seems that once he gets out of the South that he got beat when it counted. So let's see what he can do, I am looking forward to it.

Comment

• Berserker76
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

The Donks will be a better team with Peyton, but in reality that is a good thing. Beating mediocre teams in our division isn't going to get us to the SB. Competition against good teams is required to make this team grow and excel. A SB ring is the goal, here, not the frickin playoffs.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The Saints won 3 games the season before Payton got there and were in the NFC championship the next year

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post
                    The Donks will be a better team with Peyton, but in reality that is a good thing. Beating mediocre teams in our division isn't going to get us to the SB. Competition against good teams is required to make this team grow and excel. A SB ring is the goal, here, not the frickin playoffs.
                    Bull. The Patriots had no competition in the AFC east for most of their decades of domination. They benefitted from an east division.

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Bull. The Patriots had no competition in the AFC east for most of their decades of domination. They benefitted from an east division.
                      We are not the Patriots, apples & oranges.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

We are not the Patriots, apples & oranges.
                        No shit.

point is you don’t need a tough division to be successful. Our string of division titles in 2006-2009 was when the rest of the division sucked

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No shit.

point is you don’t need a tough division to be successful. Our string of division titles in 2006-2009 was when the rest of the division sucked
                          The point being our string of division titles didn't get a SB ring. I don't consider winning division titles without at least one SB ring as being successful.

Comment

Working...
                          X