• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know who will trade for JCJ and assume his contract ($12M guaranteed this year, $14M/year non-guaranteed the next 3) but if they could find a trade partner, sure - he leaves $5M per year of cap hit for the next 4 years.
    Nobody is trading for the guy - and its for the same reason the Chargers should not restructure his contract to push money
    have zero clue of his health
    I won't even bring up the dead cap to the Chargers

Comment

• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

We are in cap hell thanks to TT. Too much $$ tied to non line of scrimmage guys --- JC, MW, KA, DJ. And now we need to take JH salary from a $10M avg to $50M average. And then their is Joey. Big $$. but questionable ROI. Lot's of work to be done.
      I note that your hindsight is really good. Last off season when TT was signing all the great players to help the defense I missed your posts saying this is entirely the wrong thing to do. I thought you were like the rest of us thinking we have a strong shot at the Lombardi trophy now.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I don’t know who will trade for JCJ and assume his contract ($12M guaranteed this year, $14M/year non-guaranteed the next 3) but if they could find a trade partner, sure - he leaves $5M per year of cap hit for the next 4 years.
        Nobody will. He may not even play this coming season. At least he likely won't be ready to start the season and could be on the PUP list.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          Chargers media team put out something on twitter

looks like Michael Davis is gettinbg extended
          His current cap number is 9.4 -

I think he will get a deal that reduces his cap by 3-4m

I am thinking a three year extension
          12m up front - so divided by 4 years
          1m salary this year
          cap hit of $6m
          Good. Davis was so up and down with his play - until last season, he was just nails, glad they’re extending him, very earned.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Good. Davis was so up and down with his play - until last season, he was just nails, glad they’re extending him, very earned.
            This is the way...
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Air Coryell
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2021
              • Carlsbad, CA
              • Teacher, Coach, CFO
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I note that your hindsight is really good. Last off season when TT was signing all the great players to help the defense I missed your posts saying this is entirely the wrong thing to do. I thought you were like the rest of us thinking we have a strong shot at the Lombardi trophy now.
              Nope, you are way off. Nothing new for you. Not a Staley or TT fan. Thought we would finish with 8 or 9 wins, at best. And what great players did we sign for the defense? No one was/is great. I was ok with the DL signings. Not the JC or DJ contracts. Take notes; might help your memory.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2023
                • Send PM

Kind of funny NFL is bullshit. So Lamar Jackson a NFL mvp can’t get a deal? Nobody wants him?

The Raiders?????? The fucking Raiders with Devante Adam’s arguably the best wide receiver in football you don’t want to get him help. If I was Devonte I’d come to the Chargers. We got a Quarterback who’ll get you the ball.

the Raiders don’t care about winning. They about Collusion.

all these teams shut the fuck up.

Washington would rather have Sam Howell then Lamar Jackson Sam Howell!!!!!!!! This is bullshit.

the falcons would rather have Desmond Ridder then Lamar Jackson. These are teams with cap space. This is hilarious.

Comment

• nomad1946
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2017
                  • West Yellowstone, Montana
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

Nope, you are way off. Nothing new for you. Not a Staley or TT fan. Thought we would finish with 8 or 9 wins, at best. And what great players did we sign for the defense? No one was/is great. I was ok with the DL signings. Not the JC or DJ contracts. Take notes; might help your memory.
                  Notes on what? You didn't post in the JC Jackson thread, neither positive or negative. So I guess we need to be mind readers.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

An offseason rebuild should have also started with 2 new Oline coaches. I guess we’ll see if anything changes with offensive scheme and a healthy Slater. But if not, we will be saying I told you so.

Why haven’t they hired an assistant QB coach yet? I think it’s a vital role to step right into the QB coach role once Moore gets poached and then promoting Nussmeier to OC. At least that’s what I would be planning for.

What about an assistant secondary coach now that Donatell is the primary secondary coach now?

Why didn’t they go after a different RBs coach as well? The run game was shite last year. Again, I gues we get one more year to see if it’s the scheme and a healthy Slater.

I TRULY CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THE SPANOS’S SELL THIS TEAM AFTER. THEY ARE SHIT OWNERS!!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                      Kind of funny NFL is bullshit. So Lamar Jackson a NFL mvp can’t get a deal? Nobody wants him?

The Raiders?????? The fucking Raiders with Devante Adam’s arguably the best wide receiver in football you don’t want to get him help. If I was Devonte I’d come to the Chargers. We got a Quarterback who’ll get you the ball.

the Raiders don’t care about winning. They about Collusion.

all these teams shut the fuck up.

Washington would rather have Sam Howell then Lamar Jackson Sam Howell!!!!!!!! This is bullshit.

the falcons would rather have Desmond Ridder then Lamar Jackson. These are teams with cap space. This is hilarious.
                      Its not about Lamar the player, though you are acting like he is the best QB in the league.

It's about him wanting his contract all guaranteed. Don't matter what team it is, that's what he wants. Would you do that? Clearly Baltimore wont.
                      I'm sure as hell wouldn't. Dudes missed 10 games the last 2 seasons because he has over 700 career rushes to go along with his 132 sacks, not to mention the other hits he has taken while throwing.

In a passing league he hasn't thrown for more than 3127 yards. That's his only 3k season, (1200 rushing) 36 TD passes which is his MVP season for which he hasn't come close to duplicating. Thats his only 30+ TD pass season and he has only one 20+ TD pass season.
                      Yes he does have an MVP, but zero playoff wins.
                      He has only 7 more TD passes than Herbert with 2 more seasons played.

Does this above warrant his whole contract being guaranteed?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good plans, don't disagree really based on the ages of the players. But with that, the Chargers have already pushed $12-13m of cap space onto the future and also, they need another 12-15m to sign a draft class and maybe sign a couple guys like Pipkins or Tranq, or their replacments

Now if they push money for Mack or Bosa or Allen, that number pushed into the fuiture is close to $30m when in all reality, iin 2024, they are basically 10m, maybe 15 with the release of Hopkins before touching Herbert

Hence - why I have always thought the offseason centered on making a tough decision with one of three players.
                        I didn’t mean to imply that my suggestion was all that need to or would do…but at the very least it buys them time to decide what comes next without rushing into anything, at that point you can decide what to do with one of the players you mentioned…
                        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                          With a little luck, Foster Sarell is working with Duke Merriweather this offseason. He’s got skills, he just needs more technique. Pipkins and Salyer too.
                          I don’t know what duke manyweather charges for his OT ‘camp’ that he runs, but if I were the chargers, I’d pick up the tab for all the tackles on the roster they plan to keep, but it’s the spanos so that would never happen…
                          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

Working...
                          X