• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I'm underwhelmed by Tucker's speed. I'd say look for a late round sleeper, but that hasn't worked out well for the Chargers. Though their best RB since LT was undrafted.
    Tape don't lie my friend...I'd still take him with a 4.5 40 time.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Kelley was not awful last season, but I'd still rate him as below average. He is OK as No. 3 guy. Maybe Spiller steps up this season. Rountree is practice squad, nothing more.
      Agree
      Agree - this is the unknown -
      Agree

If Rountree or Kelley, one of them - not on the 53 man roster - that won't be the worst thing to me.

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

It doesn't change the fact that IOL should be a day 3 pick. Linsley needs a better back up.
        Better is always good. Clapp isn't Linsley.
        Clapp knows the position and had some good run blocks. Feiler had a down year, Zion was a rookie.
        LG Zion, RG Salyer, OC Moore may make him more effective. Lombardi's OL use didn't impress.
        Hopefully Linsley stays healthy but I'd shop for a C/G day 3- UDFA.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Tape don't lie my friend...I'd still take him with a 4.5 40 time.

I don't mean to diminish Tucker, and maybe he is a sleeper pick and will have a good NFL career. But I remember watching Isiah Spiller's college highlight video and thinking he was going to tear it up in the NFL. I guess I've learned that college RBs who are draft prospects were all pretty good in college and they all have impressive highlight vids going against college talent, but that doesn't always translate to the NFL. Spiller was only 21 when he was drafted. I've read reports that he was just too young and immature for the NFL last season. Maybe he takes some strides forward this year.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Watching Spillers tape does absolutely nothing for me and no where in his tape shows elite RB skills. There is a reason why he dropped to the 4th round and whoever does RB evaluations for the Chargers is absolutely brain dead and has zero clue.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Watching Spillers tape does absolutely nothing for me and no where in his tape shows elite RB skills. There is a reason why he dropped to the 4th round and whoever does RB evaluations for the Chargers is absolutely brain dead and has zero clue.
              All these years of finishing out of the money seem to have gotten to you. Don't let them drag you down. As long as you don't bet on them, it's all just fun entertainment.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Better is always good. Clapp isn't Linsley.
                Clapp knows the position and had some good run blocks. Feiler had a down year, Zion was a rookie.
                LG Zion, RG Salyer, OC Moore may make him more effective. Lombardi's OL use didn't impress.
                Hopefully Linsley stays healthy but I'd shop for a C/G day 3- UDFA.
                Good points about how Feiler having a down year plus a rookie in Zion could affect the play of Clapp

At worst, they have the back up OC. Hopefully like you said, they find a Day 3 or a UDFA.

Sarrell being at Duke's camp is a big deal. Having a solid OT for depth would be very helpful

My guess - Teleso, post draft - will find a few players to fill in what the draft doesn't bring

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

So did Pip once upon a time. Hope?
                  This will be Clapp's 6th NFL season.
                  By now, he's pretty much a finished product .... a big liability when put into an NFL game.

I was hoping they would consider G/C as early as the 2nd.
                  This pretty much destroys that hope.

Prey Linsley doesn't get hurt.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This will be Clapp's 6th NFL season.
                    By now, he's pretty much a finished product .... a big liability when put into an NFL game.

I was hoping they would consider G/C as early as the 2nd.
                    This pretty much destroys that hope.

Prey Linsley doesn't get hurt.
                    I still think they look for the future C in the 3rd or 4th round. Luke Wypler and Rick Stromberg are the two I am keeping my eye on in those rounds. I would be happy with either.

I still think Ek could be traded during or after the draft. If they can trade Ek and then trade back and get a total of 2-3 extra picks. Those two moves would help pay dividends for the future. If they trade Ek, I would be ok if they brought in a back like Fournette on a 1 year deal and draft Tajae Spears. in the 3rd. Have Fournette, Kelly, Spiller and Spears battle it out in camp. After this year Kelly and Fournette are gone and you go sign AJ Dillon in 2024. Done, I just figured out there RB room for at least 2 years LOL!!!

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                      I still think Ek could be traded during or after the draft.
                      The thing about trading Ekeler that bothers me the most, is that they would waste that pick on a guy like JT Woods in the 3rd round. I remember when they used the comp pick they got for Brees to draft a linebacker named Anthony Waters, who was such a bust I don't know ever played a down for the Chargers. This organization has a history of using picks they got in return for good players to draft complete and total busts. I know that sounds negative, but...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

The thing about trading Ekeler that bothers me the most, is that they would waste that pick on a guy like JT Woods in the 3rd round. I remember when they used the comp pick they got for Brees to draft a linebacker named Anthony Waters, who was such a bust I don't know ever played a down for the Chargers. This organization has a history of using picks they got in return for good players to draft complete and total busts. I know that sounds negative, but...
                        Despite popular opinion we're still allowed to be negative, or skeptical . . . . . but have the asbestos blanket ready if you do !

Or grow Rhino skin . . . . . .

Comment

• chargeroo
                          Fan since 1961
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Oregon
                          • Retired Manager/Pastor
                          • Send PM

Spiller fooled me too. Of course, I have been called things like "brain dead" a few times. I saw him rip off a 60+ TD in a game last year and another for 70+. But, if he's unable to play in the NFL I won't have room to complain since I was impressed by his highlight film. I liked K9 at OK too and I was happy when they picked him. Now I wonder why they let Drue go and kept him?
                          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

Working...
                          X