• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I think people expected him to be smaller than haener but he was taller than haener at the combine, right? I know his arm was a lot stronger than advertised, not only did his velocity match levis and richardson, but he threw the deep as well and effortlessly as both stroud and richardson…he surpassed even levis, which surprised me for sure…
    Levis is gonna be a bust imo. Richardson may as well. He has the legs but he wasnt a good passer in college.

Bennett measured 5'11", 192 which is small but he has 10" hands which is good.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Just read an article claiming that the chargers were outbid by Dallas for brandin cooks…the texans were willing to pay 6mil of his salary and Dallas must’ve offered more compensation which turned out to be a 5h this year and a 6th next year…cooks is signed thru 2024 but his cap number is believed to have been too difficult for the chargers to work into their cap…

It’s good know the chargers are still working on a way tim improved speed and depth in the WR room…they probably couldn’t get cooks to agree to a cap friendly extension?
      If they were actively outbid for cooks this morning by Dallas, they must have other WR trade targets in the works…does anyone have a clue who they could be looking at?
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I would take Stetson Bennett in the 7th, A great no risk flyer
        Agree on a 7th or UDFA
        Not using anything higher than a 7th on the guy

There are in fact probably better options though. Chargers already have an undersized back up QB

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

If they were actively outbid for cooks this morning by Dallas, they must have other WR trade targets in the works…does anyone have a clue who they could be looking at?
          My guess they are waiting for the draft to get WR. My guesses: Scott or Reed in R2; maybe Trey Palmer in R3

But interesting they were in on trade talks. I like it

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Do you think reeder is brought back?
            Could be. His real value is in the special teams play.
            He understands how to play Staley's D. His coverage skills are sub-par.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Chargers News: John Johnson III's Twitter Likes Further Tease LA Signing

Another big addition could be on the way.

In this story:

LOS ANGELES CHARGERS

Almost immediately after it was reported that the Cleveland Browns would be releasing talented safety John Johnson III, the Los Angeles Chargers came to mind as an ideal next landing spot for him. Following the sudden retirement of Nasir Adderley, there is an open spot at safety on LA's squad and Johnson has been someone fans have been vouching for.

He has clear ties with the Chargers' coaching staff as their head coach Brandon Stanley worked with Johnson when they were both a part of the Rams back in the 2020 season. The 27-year-old has had solid production over the past few years but shouldn't command too big of a contract during negations.
              However, those Chargers fans that are sitting tight waiting for the front office to add Johnson will get very excited when taking a look at his recent Twitter activity. He has liked and engaged with a couple of tweets that all but confirm his mutual interest in suiting up for the Bolts in 2023.
              ADVERTISING

It has been specifically edit that shows how Johnson would look in the chargers' powder blue should the deal get done that has the fanbase convinced he is on the way.

Johnson also liked a tweet posted by LA's DE Sebastian Joseph-Day that shows his support for the organization adding the former Cleveland Brown.
              While all of this is just noise and speculation right now, I would confidently say that there is not a team out there right now that has a better chance of signing Johnson than the Los Angeles Chargers. For the man himself to be engaging with posts that tease his signing is a clear indication that LA is where he wants to be.​

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Could be. His real value is in the special teams play.
                He understands how to play Staley's D. His coverage skills are sub-par.
                KVN, Callahan. Reeder, Gaziano, Fehoko - even parham

I would be okay if Telesco had a little bit of roster turnover and not just bring everybody back. Or I should say - everybody doesn't need to come back

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Good stuff...but I disagree on Campbell...would happily part with our 2nd rounder...but I understand your reluctance...there will be some other good players there...but I could get behind it...

Might get lucky, and he falls to the 3rd...who knows...

I am looking forward to seeing how Niemann shows up in camp...kid has been working hard, showing out in special teams...hitting the weights and adding 10 pounds of muscle since he was drafted...if he has the mental hardware upstairs, I see him getting some real playing time this year....hopefully gets a strong look in camp...
                  I suspect Niemann will be Kendricks backup, too.
                  I suspect Kendricks was brought in so that they wouldn't have to draft a run-stopping LB in the 2nd round.
                  Kendricks is a former 2nd round pick... but he's already developed. And he's better in coverage than Campbell. A very savvy move IMO.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The Browns on Wednesday released S John Johnson III, a six-year veteran who spent the last two seasons in Cleveland, and DE Jadeveon Clowney, a nine-year veteran who also spent the last two seasons in Cleveland.

Executive VP of Football Ops and GM Andrew Berry confirmed the Browns would release Johnson on Feb. 28 at the combine.

"I will start by saying John, the first thought probably is just gratitude in terms of what he has done the past two years on the field and in the locker room for us," Berry said. "After just looking at the roster and thinking about where we want to be in 2023, (we) thought it would be the best move for the organization to really part ways. That certainly doesn't minimize what John was able to do while he was with our team."

Johnson was second on the Browns with 101 tackles and played in all 17 games last season. He totaled four interceptions — three in 2021 and one last season — and nine pass breakups in his Browns tenure.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Johnson has tackling skills, I like it.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Staleys scheme my ass. You still need to shed blocks and beat the OL and get to the RB. Murray is awful at shedding blocks and his reaction is slow to beat the OL and gets caught up in traffic too often. Tries to go around it and gets taken out of the play.
                        If we drafted Sanders you would see the difference and you will see it with Kendricks.
                        Drafting Sanders in the 1st would be a reach IMO. And he's probably not there in the 2nd (50+).
                        Of course you have to defeat blocks... in any system. I think Murray will have to ball-out to get any consideration for a re-sign next year.
                        There are many good off-ball LB's in this year's draft... I would find a good one in Rounds 3-5 to replace Murray next year.
                        I'm not interested in over-drafting Sanders... especially when we've made an obvious attempt to improve our run-defense through FA pick-up Kendricks.
                        Our biggest obvious need is @CB now. And the players we need are perfectly slotted for the #21 pick.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

KVN, Callahan. Reeder, Gaziano, Fehoko - even parham

I would be okay if Telesco had a little bit of roster turnover and not just bring everybody back. Or I should say - everybody doesn't need to come back
                          The problem with all of them is that they are 1-year solutions (KVN, Callahan, Reeder) or players that can be upgraded (Gaziano, Fehoko).
                          I think we already have comparable replacements for Gaziano and Fehoko (Moa and Hinton).
                          I'd rather that they upgrade the EDGE position in the draft... rather than DT. Mack could be a cap casulaty @the end of year.

Comment

Working...
                          X