• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You think in the few hours between his firing by Dallas and hiring by the Chargers he negotiated for what the Chargers would pick in the draft?
    If he was able to land at LAX, shuttle own to Costa Mesa and completely take over the organization’s draft process from his mid-tree perch as OC, he’s a bigger stud than even I thought!

The better question will be how committed is BS to the Moore Now initiative - does he serve as proxy representative for his lieutenant’s picks? TPB already was able to indisputably prove that BS completely took over the entire player acquisition process last year from TT, after all
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

I'd look for a couple day 3 WRs with speed, return potential this year.
      Yep - Tommy Telesco specials

Rounds 6 and 7. the smallest somewhat fastest guy he can find that cannot catch the ball

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well, last year, Wagner earned $1.5 mil with a $5 mil signing bonus. If we can get him on a 1+1 with maybe a $3 mil SB and $1.5 mil a year, I might do that deal...
        Wagner got 10m guaranteed from the Rams. So I think they had some dead cap left over

But I think this year - his numbers will be closer to Kendricks than 10m guaranteed - granted, Kendicks also has signing bonus that is dead if released next year

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

If I understand correctly we still have about $7 million to spend. I’m happy to use half or so of that in John Johnson but if he’s not committing please check in with DJ Chark.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Wagner got 10m guaranteed from the Rams. So I think they had some dead cap left over

But I think this year - his numbers will be closer to Kendricks than 10m guaranteed - granted, Kendicks also has signing bonus that is dead if released next year
            Well color me shocked that you want to sign a soon to be 33 year old LB while Keenan at 30-31 is too old.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

If he was able to land at LAX, shuttle own to Costa Mesa and completely take over the organization’s draft process from his mid-tree perch as OC, he’s a bigger stud than even I thought!

The better question will be how committed is BS to the Moore Now initiative - does he serve as proxy representative for his lieutenant’s picks? TPB already was able to indisputably prove that BS completely took over the entire player acquisition process last year from TT, after all
              Pffft.
              The framework was put into place last summer in Costa Mesa.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well color me shocked that you want to sign a soon to be 33 year old LB while Keenan at 30-31 is too old.
                If you cannot comprehend why i am not paying Keenan Allen 19m to open to paying Bobby Wagner like 5m - not sure what to tell you

My price for Keenan Allen was around 11m. And if he didn't accept it, I was releasing him. And by the way, what were the AAVs for JSS and Jakobi Myers? Thats right, 11m - what I was willing to pay Allen BEFORE free agency

So enough with trying to own me. Not happening because I am not willing to pay even Bobby Wagner what he got last year let alone 19 million

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Rounds 6 and 7. the smallest somewhat fastest guy he can find that cannot catch the ball
                  You don't believe Moore gets a say?

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

LOL!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You don't believe Moore gets a say?
                      A couple of drafts - Telesco has been all about Need being the pick in the early rounds
                      Tillery and Adderley were need picks

Slater - granted he fell to 13, was a need pick and so was Asante Samuel

So its hard for me to know - but he has never really valued speed at the WR position - unless you count Benjamin so I will be interested in his philosophy. I think WR needs to be a Day2 pick

Comment

• Air Coryell
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2021
                        • Carlsbad, CA
                        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                        • Send PM

Rams have 50M in 2023 dead cap. They will be really bad this year. They are cleaning up their cap this year to rebuild next year.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                          If I understand correctly we still have about $7 million to spend. I’m happy to use half or so of that in John Johnson but if he’s not committing please check in with DJ Chark.
                          Sportrac has Chargers right now with the 7th MOST cap space left

Other teams are signing guys left and right...we should be able to get a little something done ,,,maybe a Johnson or Wagner

Comment

Working...
                          X