• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

They've had a relationship since training camp.
    I think Moore made his request clear to anyone intending to hire him.
    Anybody watching the Chargers offense knows what it needs.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Anybody watching the Chargers offense knows what it needs.

If Donald Parham could just come into camp healthy he could be perfect in Moore's O and a great weapon! We need a WR that can stretch the field and fill in as a starter if needed, because Palmer hasn't progressed into what we really need! We need a RB that can step in and play pound the rock football and pick up the 3 and short! We need an OT and OG for depth. Other than that we are fine, lol.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Palmer hasnt progressed? In his second year, didnt he have over 700 yds? I know the big 2 were injured on and off...but still got a lot of targets...if Slayer had missed the entire season, I suspect Palmer would have been a 1000 yd receiver, easy.

Palmer may well BE Slayers replacement...and he doesnt have to replace ALL of Slayers production, if we can add a dynamic TE, or a speedy, playmaking WR 3 to spread the ball around to...

Just something to consider...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• SAY OW 55
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2023
          • Send PM

I would argue Zeke had a productive year last season. If he signs with the Bengals there’s a pretty good chance we see him in the AFC Championship. I think we should sign him. Ima say it now. This is my prediction.

chargers Bengals AFC championship Sofi.

Comment

• electricgold
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Palmer hasnt progressed? In his second year, didnt he have over 700 yds? I know the big 2 were injured on and off...but still got a lot of targets...if Slayer had missed the entire season, I suspect Palmer would have been a 1000 yd receiver, easy.

Palmer may well BE Slayers replacement...and he doesnt have to replace ALL of Slayers production, if we can add a dynamic TE, or a speedy, playmaking WR 3 to spread the ball around to...

Palmer 2 catches for 31 yards against the Jags. To me this was the game where he needed to shine and show his value. All 4 of the Jags WR's outperformed Palmer in that game. He's OK but we need another WR to add to the mix with pro-bowlish abilites that can score on the long play and come up big in the must win games.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Palmer 2 catches for 31 yards against the Jags. To me this was the game where he needed to shine and show his value. All 4 of the Jags WR's outperformed Palmer in that game. He's OK but we need another WR to add to the mix with pro-bowlish abilites that can score on the long play and come up big in the must win games.
              Jags game? The game everybody epically sucked in?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Palmer did progress last year. He’s not Slayer, who was a Rd1 talent that dropped to 3 due to injury risk.

Someone above asked about what McKitty is. I don’t know in absolute terms by other than availability - this is true:

McKitty << Parham
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

No one on LAC's offense gained many yds against the Jags, including Herbert. If not for the D takeaways, the Jags would have won by a blowout instead of 5 pts.
                  Jax dominated the LOS. Herb was under constant pressure.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

Well...I thought we brought in some solid guys last year...werent KVN, Fox, and Callahan all post draft?
                    Good point, some of the best signings actually

Don't think John Johnson will be sitting around by then though. Wagner definitely wont

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do think Edge and TE are needs too. Everett has one year, Parham and Shane are a couple of JAGs, McKitty is not sure what he is

And Edge - always need more
                      I thought they might even cut Everett and his drops and clear 4 million

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2022
                        • White Rock, BC Canada
                        • Send PM

Palmer has definitely progressed. But he is too similar to Allen, but not as good. Good to have in the mix, but doesn't fill the speed element or YAC. More than that the Chargers are one of the few teams that don't carry 6 receivers and they have nothing after the first 3. Some teams have 5 deep of decent WRs. Last year that hurt them with injuries.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          I would argue Zeke had a productive year last season. If he signs with the Bengals there’s a pretty good chance we see him in the AFC Championship. I think we should sign him. Ima say it now. This is my prediction.

chargers Bengals AFC championship Sofi.
                          Sounds like ZEKE has narrowed his options to Bengals, Jets and Eagles. Sounds like Bengals would release Mixon of they sign him. Is that really an upgrade at this point??

Kind of relieved, i didn't want him here.

Comment

Working...
                          X