• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I still love Bobby Wagner. I’ve seen all of his movies, he’s fantastic! He was amazing in Heart To Heart too!

seriously, i was a Wag-boy last off-season when we didn’t sign him, sign me up for a redo this year. Sure he has lost a step, but he knows how to anticipate and diagnose a play, how to beat a block and how to make a fucking tackle without giving an extra 3-5 yards after initial contact. Thats good enough for me, depending on ask price
    Wagner / Kendricks - IF they can stay healthy, would be the best LB pairing we've had in years . . . . . I'm game, particularly if we can find a good off ball LB in the draft (or maybe Derwin) to sub in for Bobby on 3rd & long.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Seems like pure speculation but this could mean a scenario where they do not sign JJ3 and sign Wagner. Or they sign both with monies pushed to next year. I just wonder how Wagner and Kendricks would fare together. Or like you said, they trade Wagner for a pick flip in the 9th round

Chargers News: LA Could Add All-Pro Linebacker Still On The Market - Sports Illustrated Los Angeles Chargers News, Analysis and More

Who Will Sign Bobby Wagner? Possible Landing Spots for Star Linebacker (profootballnetwork.com)​​
      Lol...this is a college kid writing this...and in sore need of better editing, if you read the article...absolute Madden fantasy tripe....
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        Jordan Addison wants the Chargers to draft him so he can play with Herbert. You can't blame him for that. But I don't see it. He's a projected middle to late 1st round prospect. But he only weighs 173 lbs and his 40 time is only 4.49. The Chargers already have three WRs who are great route runners and/or have great hands, but have 4.5ish speed. The Chargers' top priority at WR is speed. And there are guys like that available in later rounds or even UDFA developmental projects. I don't a WR in the first period, but especially not Addison.

I hear you, but if we draft him
        He would serve as a logical, long term replacement for Allen
        high volume, high production.
        Adjusts easily to throws, dependable and a 3rd down target.

He has proven to get separation and make catches in "all 3 levels"

Mike and/or Allen are likely to miss significant time.
        sure we can depend on Palmer to take on more than he's meant to, but you're playing a risky game by not having another starting caliber weapon available when you're a primarily passing offense.

We could live with losing a number of ways, but not having enough weapons on a Justin Herbert led team is inexcusable.
        that's potentially a good reason to use pick 1 on WR.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

So you figure 11-6 and a playoff W?
          Just kidding. I think we'll make some noise in the coming season & playoffs.
          Thats why I need to give Telesco the draft to see what other players are added. Meaning - if Spiller is not the answer - what does he do for WR TE and RB

He deserves the draft to answer those questions

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Encouraging to see Sarell working with the big boys:

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I hear you, but if we draft him
              He would serve as a logical, long term replacement for Allen
              high volume, high production.
              Adjusts easily to throws, dependable and a 3rd down target.

He has proven to get separation and make catches in "all 3 levels"

Mike and/or Allen are likely to miss significant time.
              sure we can depend on Palmer to take on more than he's meant to, but you're playing a risky game by not having another starting caliber weapon available when you're a primarily passing offense.

We could live with losing a number of ways, but not having enough weapons on a Justin Herbert led team is inexcusable.
              that's potentially a good reason to use pick 1 on WR.
              This was my argument for WR in the first last year..

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Jordan Addison wants the Chargers to draft him so he can play with Herbert. You can't blame him for that. But I don't see it. He's a projected middle to late 1st round prospect. But he only weighs 173 lbs and his 40 time is only 4.49. The Chargers already have three WRs who are great route runners and/or have great hands, but have 4.5ish speed. The Chargers' top priority at WR is speed. And there are guys like that available in later rounds or even UDFA developmental projects. I don't a WR in the first period, but especially not Addison.
                Never a good idea for a player to name his favorite team...could turn off potential suitors...

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

This was my argument for WR in the first last year..
                  I'd look for a couple day 3 WRs with speed, return potential this year.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I still love Bobby Wagner. I’ve seen all of his movies, he’s fantastic! He was amazing in Heart To Heart too!

seriously, i was a Wag-boy last off-season when we didn’t sign him, sign me up for a redo this year. Sure he has lost a step, but he knows how to anticipate and diagnose a play, how to beat a block and how to make a fucking tackle without giving an extra 3-5 yards after initial contact. Thats good enough for me, depending on ask price
                    Well, last year, Wagner earned $1.5 mil with a $5 mil signing bonus. If we can get him on a 1+1 with maybe a $3 mil SB and $1.5 mil a year, I might do that deal...

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      Encouraging to see Sarell working with the big boys:

Awesome. love this.

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

I will say this. I do see your obsession with Zay Flowers. He flys.

my pick isn’t as realistic and I don’t think they’ll draft Jordan Addison.

I think they will definitely draft Zay Flowers Michael Maeyer or Jamry Gibbs.

It will be between those players. I think they really want to find Herbert that weapon.

Addison plays the slot.

but I think Zay can slide right in there between the posession guys Williams and Allen.

I remember Calvin Johnson didn’t play with a Quarterback at Georgia Tech.

I think the Chargers will be enamored with Zay Flowers speed.

people will talk about Tyreke Hill. I see Kansas City licking thier chops.

but just remember Jaelen Raegor was that speed guy out of TCU and got drafted before Justin Jefferson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          I will say this. I do see your obsession with Zay Flowers. He flys.

my pick isn’t as realistic and I don’t think they’ll draft Jordan Addison.

I think they will definitely draft Zay Flowers Michael Maeyer or Jamry Gibbs.

It will be between those players. I think they really want to find Herbert that weapon.

Addison plays the slot.

but I think Zay can slide right in there between the posession guys Williams and Allen.

I remember Calvin Johnson didn’t play with a Quarterback at Georgia Tech.

I think the Chargers will be enamored with Zay Flowers speed.

people will talk about Tyreke Hill. I see Kansas City licking thier chops.

but just remember Jaelen Raegor was that speed guy out of TCU and got drafted before Justin Jefferson.
                          Jefferson was a stud at LSU. Faster than he looked,...he ran a 4.43.

Not sure what happened to Reagor asside from his poor 1.63 10 yard split.

You just never know. Drafting is a crapshoot.

Comment

Working...
                          X