• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltinloudguy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

It’s simple, restructure a few contracts, release Feiler and Hopkins. Create some room for a few signings.

Sign-
    WR Nelson Algholor

Draft-
    WR Rakim Jarrett- 3rd or 4th
    WR/KR/PR Tre Tucker- 7th

Algholor, Jarrett and Tucker give you the speed element for the offense this team needs

Resign-
    Morgan Fox
    Trey Pipkins

If they resign Fox, that gives you
    A. Johnson
    SJD
    Fox
    Otito
    Fehoko

They also have Gaziano for depth coming back.

So I don’t see them going after an IDL early in the draft if at all.

If they resign Pip, they can focus on Linsley’s replacement in the 3rd or 4th. (Rick Stromberg or Luke Wypler) A OT in the 6th for depth(Ryan Hayes).

They way I see it with Staley. If the D struggles, the offense flourishes and they make the playoffs again and actually win one. While I don’t think Staley would be fired, I think the front offense would make him hire a defensive coordinator to call plays because Staley’s D is straight TRASH ASS!!!

Comment

• charger1_sj
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Those types are found later as well. We dont need to use a first on one.

Defenses are forced to account for weapons and we have many when healthy. The scheme will fix that as well. MW led the league in 2021 with 40+ yard receptions which was also under Lombo but both he and Kenan were healthy and so was Herbert which is the biggest point there.
      The bolded is the key word, and going forward it doesn't get better. Allen will be older. MW has always had issues with injury. We need to find a replacement
      for Allen as this year could be his last as a Charger. The other guys are just mee. I don't know if a 1st round receiver is in the cards. But it should be in the
      mix. We can also use an upgrade at TE. If you want to compete with KC, Buffalo, Cincy and even the Jags, it's a must that we upgrade our receivers.
      All those teams have better, healther options. In fact nearly all the PO teams this year had better receiving options than the Chargers, including Miami.
      The Ravens being the big exceptions in the AFC.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

The bolded is the key word, and going forward it doesn't get better. Allen will be older. MW has always had issues with injury. We need to find a replacement
        for Allen as this year could be his last as a Charger. The other guys are just mee. I don't know if a 1st round receiver is in the cards. But it should be in the
        mix. We can also use an upgrade at TE. If you want to compete with KC, Buffalo, Cincy and even the Jags, it's a must that we upgrade our receivers.
        All those teams have better, healther options. In fact nearly all the PO teams this year had better receiving options than the Chargers, including Miami.
        re: WR.... last year eye was all in on Garrett Wilson round one, Jameson Williams was a maybe, and was ok w/Olave if we drafted him, and....

don't see anyone in round one this year that holds a candle to the any of those.... ??

am willing to give Kincaid the benefit of the doubt for now @21, mostly given that DJ put him there, albeit thought he was more of a day/round two guy ??

two positions I def have on my board are RB and NT, as those two just don't slot to us so very often.... personally I like Bijan and Siaki Ika there.

and as eye don't go much for drafting by position, and that rule #1 is don't bust, think there are two solids that would let me sleep well @night as a GM, which are Brian Branch and O'Cyrus Torrence.

think that's my cluster atm for round one.... RB & NT, two solids, and a maybe @TE.

ps. still think defense wins championships/SBs, and am not much for DBs early....
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

re: WR.... last year eye was all in on Garrett Wilson round one, Jameson Williams was a maybe, and was ok w/Olave if we drafted him, and....

don't see anyone in round one this year that holds a candle to the any of those.... ??

am willing to give Kincaid the benefit of the doubt for now @21, mostly given that DJ put him there, albeit thought he was more of a day/round two guy ??

two positions I def have on my board are RB and NT, as those two just don't slot to us so very often.... personally I like Bijan and Siaki Ika there.

and as eye don't go much for drafting by position, and that rule #1 is don't bust, think there are two solids that would let me sleep well @night as a GM, which are Brian Branch and O'Cyrus Torrence.

think that's my cluster atm for round one.... RB & NT, two solids, and a maybe @TE.

ps. still think defense wins championships/SBs, and am not much for DBs early....
          Defense used to win championships. But due to all the rule changes (can't touch the QB being one of them) it's turned into a scoring league. Look at the teams in
          the POs finals this year. Some of the best ones definitely have pretty damn good defenses. But they all have top notch offenses.

With that said we need a better defense. In my opinion we have needs in many positions. So I'm fine with going best available. If that mean a D guy
          so be it. But it doesn't change the fact that we need better options on offense for Herbert.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
            It’s simple, restructure a few contracts, release Feiler and Hopkins. Create some room for a few signings.

Sign-
            WR Nelson Algholor

Draft-
            WR Rakim Jarrett- 3rd or 4th
            WR/KR/PR Tre Tucker- 7th

Algholor, Jarrett and Tucker give you the speed element for the offense this team needs

Resign-
            Morgan Fox
            Trey Pipkins

If they resign Fox, that gives you
            A. Johnson
            SJD
            Fox
            Otito
            Fehoko

They also have Gaziano for depth coming back.

So I don’t see them going after an IDL early in the draft if at all.

If they resign Pip, they can focus on Linsley’s replacement in the 3rd or 4th. (Rick Stromberg or Luke Wypler) A OT in the 6th for depth(Ryan Hayes).

They way I see it with Staley. If the D struggles, the offense flourishes and they make the playoffs again and actually win one. While I don’t think Staley would be fired, I think the front offense would make him hire a defensive coordinator to call plays because Staley’s D is straight TRASH ASS!!!
            On board!

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Defense used to win championships. But due to all the rule changes (can't touch the QB being one of them) it's turned into a scoring league. Look at the teams in
              the POs finals this year. Some of the best ones definitely have pretty damn good defenses. But they all have top notch offenses.

With that said we need a better defense. In my opinion we have needs in many positions. So I'm fine with going best available. If that mean a D guy
              so be it. But it doesn't change the fact that we need better options on offense for Herbert.
              for myself, that starts and ends w/RB.... either D'Ernest Johnson in FA or Bijan in the draft, and.... better to pursue the former, as there is no guarantee that Robinson will be there @21.

the other aspect of the O that needs help is the Oline, and am looking for reinforcements @every positioin there.... the OC, OG & OT.

re: the draft, think there are about a handful or so Pro Bowlers coming out, besides Will Anderson and Jalen Carter.... think O'Cyrus is gonna ProBowl, but suspect he'll be off the board by 21, which would leave the either of Siaki Ika or Dalton Kincaid.... sorta preposterous atm, given peoples opinions here to date, and.... that is who eye think would be the most likely Pro Bowlers @21 for us ??

you goin' O or D there ??
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

for myself, that starts and ends w/RB.... either D'Ernest Johnson in FA or Bijan in the draft, and.... better to pursue the former, as there is no guarantee that Robinson will be there @21.

the other aspect of the O that needs help is the Oline, and am looking for reinforcements @every positioin there.... the OC, OG & OT.

re: the draft, think there are about a handful or so Pro Bowlers coming out, besides Will Anderson and Jalen Carter.... think O'Cyrus is gonna ProBowl, but suspect he'll be off the board by 21, which would leave the either of Siaki Ika or Dalton Kincaid.... sorta preposterous atm, given peoples opinions here to date, and.... that is who eye think would be the most likely Pro Bowlers @21 for us ??

you goin' O or D there ??
                The fastest way to improve our team is to go offense, and that's primarily for two reasons.
                1. We have what looks like an elite QB
                2. It's a offensive scoring league.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

The fastest way to improve our team is to go offense, and that's primarily for two reasons.
                  O vs D is debateable. Outscoring the other guy happens easier if they have less than 20 points. Both are needed.
                  1. is true. We want to give him the ball with takeaways, forced punts.
                  BPA. ( I recently developed a crush on Bijan at 21)

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

I don't think the Jags recievers are better than ours. Our WRs haven't been at full strength most the season while only having Guyton for 2.5 games.
                    Palmer is the only one healthy all year and he looked better and had a good year.
                    And while I do like Gabriel Davis, he isn't better than MW.
                    Cinci has 3 really good ones.

KCs trio isn't special either. Kelce is their best reciever while Juju is a good player, not great. Toney is good but always hurt and MVS is meh.

We can always upgrade the reciever possition but we still keeping 5 on the active roster so to the guy that wants to sign Agholar and draft 2 others, somebody ain't making the team.
                    Likely one or both the later drafted guys.
                    Doubt we sign Agholar either but that's me.

He signed like a 2 year 21 mil contract with NE. Even at only 7 mil at 1 year with us, we aren't able to do that.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-28-2023, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

5 of the last 6 Super Bowls have been won by OFFENSIVE coaches. Belichek is the lone exception.

Young franchise QBs, including the top 2, Mahomes and Burrow, are thriving and winning most with offensive head coaches.

If you have an elite young franchise QB, you should go offence first. Daboll was the choice. Some are saying Allen regressed a bit this year without him. Surrounding your young franchise QB with the right offence and right coaching is not a small thing in today's NFL.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

5 of the last 6 Super Bowls have been won by OFFENSIVE coaches. Belichek is the lone exception.

Young franchise QBs, including the top 2, Mahomes and Burrow, are thriving and winning most with offensive head coaches.

If you have an elite young franchise QB, you should go offence first. Daboll was the choice. Some are saying Allen regressed a bit this year without him. Surrounding your young franchise QB with the right offence and right coaching is not a small thing in today's NFL.
                        6 of 6 had top 10 defenses.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

The best team won the SB?? Get outta town.

Comment

Working...
                          X