• Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Is that how it's going to work?
    It sure seems now that EVERY player in camp stays in camp until that 1 big cut down? Leaving EVERY single FA vying for the last few roster spots around the league.
    There'll be over 1,000 players put on the street at the same time.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
      Moderate Skeptic
      • May 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

For me, its just frustrating. I have been a fan since Air Coryell days. I remember the day he got hired. It was the same day as PSA Flight 182 and there was a Santa Ana weather condition in San Diego so got to leave school early. I remember the days Ross Porter and Willie Davis always doing the Chargers road games on TV. I was ticked the morning I read in the paper they traded Joe Washington for Lydell Mitchell

I have been a fan a long damn time. And I have to say, Dean Spanos sucks as an NFL Owner. He is stupid, dense, obtuse and arrogant. But I root for the Bolt and players. I want them to do well. I just am not sure Spanos cares to win based on his history.

I just am not sure the Spanii will ever win. The fact that Telesco still has a job is mind boggling. But again, I hope Telesco and Staley have a heckuva year - win the division, play-off games, the whole shebang.

This is me as well - go way back. In my specific case I'm not hating on the team and I want them to win (rather badly), it's just that I'm not buying into all of the hype any more (I drank ALL the Kool-Aid last year though ). I'm not prepared to assume anything with this team going forward - they're going to have to show me that they've turned the corner and are no longer the Chargers of old . . . . . . . given their lengthy track record of ineptitude and recent face plants I'm not optimistic, but rather am skeptical .

We'll see what the season brings us . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I'm not a JJ3 fan, I think he's no longer a good player. Another Safety would sure be a good thing but I just don't think much of JJ3 anymore. Perhaps someone will be available now when teams start thinning out the roster?

I think Elliot wants more $$ than EK is asking for.
        100% agree . . . . . . JJ3 is not a player we want, regardless of his past connections to Staley.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its being a lazy fan. See the easy part is to say the team will fail in every aspect. And unless the team wins the SB then they get to say they are right.

Even if the team did win the SB they would still complain the win was not by 30 points or more and they would not deserve the trophy due to this. Its an old tired act that has been around since the beginning of fandom.

Most of us that are not as high on the team as others are anything but lazy . . . . . . . and have given a lot of thought as to why we feel as we do, and have expressed our opinions and concerns in great detail on this board. Your comment is a gross generalization, and patently lazy.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As a comic once said, they'd complain if they won the lottery because it put them in a higher tax bracket. I still scratch my head why some bother following the team they find such a source of frustration, irritation and disappointment since nothing will change under Team Spanos and they are going nowhere - but they can spend their time as they wish, obviously. And yes, when people literally do nothing but spew negativity in every single thread it is a tired act.

As are those that spew optimism unrelentingly, and criticize those that don't subscribe to their views . . . . . . . .very tired. I have no issues with folks presenting their opinions - that's what the board's for, I AM tired of those of us who are on the pessimistic side of things being portrayed as stupid, lazy, and having no life to speak of because of our 'negativity'

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Most of us that are not as high on the team as others are anything but lazy . . . . . . . and have given a lot of thought as to why we feel as we do, and have expressed our opinions and concerns in great detail on this board. Your comment is a gross generalization, and patently lazy.
              Speaking for myself with how I viewed the offseason and to get cap compliant - it was not only about 2023 but 2024-2027 with Herbert signing a big contract. So it wasn't just looking at 2023 and getting a bunch of space - it was looking at how getting in 2023 means taking from 2024 and possibly beyind. I understand trading Bosa and moving on from Allen or asking him to take a pay cut - was extreme. But I thought in terms of building the best roster for Herbert and not just for the 2023 season. Tom Telesco, the Spanii failed Phillip Rivers. He did not give him the tools consistently to allow him to compete. Just don't want this year to lead to gutting the roster and Herbert having no chance for 2024 and 2025

Telesco/Staley pushed a lot of chips into the 2023 season. Lets just hope they are correct in their decision making in terms of roster construction.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Speaking for myself with how I viewed the offseason and to get cap compliant - it was not only about 2023 but 2024-2027 with Herbert signing a big contract. So it wasn't just looking at 2023 and getting a bunch of space - it was looking at how getting in 2023 means taking from 2024 and possibly beyind. I understand trading Bosa and moving on from Allen or asking him to take a pay cut - was extreme. But I thought in terms of building the best roster for Herbert and not just for the 2023 season. Tom Telesco, the Spanii failed Phillip Rivers. He did not give him the tools consistently to allow him to compete. Just don't want this year to lead to gutting the roster and Herbert having no chance for 2024 and 2025

Telesco/Staley pushed a lot of chips into the 2023 season. Lets just hope they are correct in their decision making in terms of roster construction.
                I'm not a 'capologist', but dealing with 40 to 60m over the cap in 2024 (with Justin's new deal) sounds like a problem . . . . . . . We better draft (extremely) well

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

As I said earlier, LOL looks like I hit a nerve. Didn't call you out.....but?

That being said it is a terribly lazy approach. Just being negative, condemning everything. Mocking even positive things and the only way the team is not a disaster is if they win the SB by dominating. Its easy and takes no serious effort.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

That being said it is a terribly lazy approach. Just being negative, condemning everything. Mocking even positive things and the only way the team is not a disaster is if they win the SB by dominating. Its easy and takes no serious effort.
                    Not a nerve . . . . . . . more like Chinese water torture - never ending drip, drip, drip . . . . . . and I disagree

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Send PM

We're fans. We're not friggen rocket scientists.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Not a nerve . . . . . . . more like Chinese water torture - never ending drip, drip, drip . . . . . . and I disagree
                        Funny there are several posters when I read them its just like seeing these guys. Funny but easy.

muppet Judges.jpg

Comment

• Hadl2Alworth
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Send PM

This is me as well - go way back. In my specific case I'm not hating on the team and I want them to win (rather badly), it's just that I'm not buying into all of the hype any more (I drank ALL the Kool-Aid last year though ). I'm not prepared to assume anything with this team going forward - they're going to have to show me that they've turned the corner and are no longer the Chargers of old . . . . . . . given their lengthy track record of ineptitude and recent face plants I'm not optimistic, but rather am skeptical .

We'll see what the season brings us . . . . . .
                          I hear you! Feel you too.

Comment

Working...
                          X