• Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
    Myles Murphy...Proday.

"Murphy ended up with a really solid workout that was headlined by a 4.53 40-yard dash while weighing in at 268 pounds on his 6'4 12 frame. His short shuttle time of 4.29 was also notable while his 7.21 in the three-cone was just fine. Overall, his relative athletic score of 9.71 ended up well into the “elite” range."

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...urphy-kj-henry
    Red flags for me were the small 8 1/2 inch hands and low sack production in college. That 7.21 3-cone though. You want a pass rusher with sub 7-second 3-cone.

For reference:

Von Miller = 6.70

Joey Bosa = 6.89
    Clay Matthews = 6.90

Larry English = 7.26

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
      Myles Murphy...Proday.

"Murphy ended up with a really solid workout that was headlined by a 4.53 40-yard dash while weighing in at 268 pounds on his 6'4 12 frame. His short shuttle time of 4.29 was also notable while his 7.21 in the three-cone was just fine. Overall, his relative athletic score of 9.71 ended up well into the “elite” range."

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...urphy-kj-henry
      recall the Waldo equation for edge/pass rushers seemed to have a cut off below 7 for the 3 cone.... is Murphy explosive ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

What takes Clark Phillips out of the 1st for you...?
        He was never in it for me.

He isn't a good tackler or defender against the run. He isn't fast but has decent speed like a Josh Palmer.

By comparison Turner is much faster, has a better leap, a 1.47 10 yard split so he is twitchy though i read somewhere he wasn't, and he is a better tackler.

I think Phillips is a good player but he isn't 1st round worthy imo. Turner isn't either but I have him ahead of Phillips. Just saying for me he isn't going to be close to BPA at 21.

Do you think he is as good as McDuffie? I think No. McDuffie was your top CB for us last year.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He was never in it for me.

He isn't a good tackler or defender against the run. He isn't fast but has decent speed like a Josh Palmer.

By comparison Turner is much faster, has a better leap, a 1.47 10 yard split so he is twitchy though i read somewhere he wasn't, and he is a better tackler.

I think Phillips is a good player but he isn't 1st round worthy imo. Turner isn't either but I have him ahead of Phillips. Just saying for me he isn't going to be close to BPA at 21.

Do you think he is as good as McDuffie? I think No. McDuffie was your top CB for us last year.
          If I have one criticism of Phillips, it's his tackling. It actually took a step backwards in 2022 (for whatever reason).
          But... the number one job of a CB is to cover... and he's way ahead of DJ Turner in that department. DJ might be straight-line faster... but Phillips has better instincts, IQ, and ballskills. Phillips is polished and NFL-ready.

And while Phillips has a different skillset than McDuffie... I would rate them evenly. Phillips has more of the mental and intangibles... McDuffie maybe a little more athletic and physical... even though Phillips had a faster 10-yard split. Phillips also had a very good 20-yard shuttle (4.32)... for those who are metrics fans.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Phillips just out-played Addison during the head-on-head matchup. And Addison is considered around the #21 slot.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

recall the Waldo equation for edge/pass rushers seemed to have a cut off below 7 for the 3 cone.... is Murphy explosive ??
              Can't be a hard rule:

Chandler Jones, Cameron Jordan, probably Myles Garrett are 7 + guys.

Murphy is a bit tight in the hips, but he's a power/explosion guy .... not to be confused with Clay Mathews.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

If I have one criticism of Phillips, it's his tackling. It actually took a step backwards in 2022 (for whatever reason).
                But... the number one job of a CB is to cover... and he's way ahead of DJ Turner in that department. DJ might be straight-line faster... but Phillips has better instincts, IQ, and ballskills. Phillips is polished and NFL-ready.

And while Phillips has a different skillset than McDuffie... I would rate them evenly. Phillips has more of the mental and intangibles... McDuffie maybe a little more athletic and physical... even though Phillips had a faster 10-yard split. Phillips also had a very good 20-yard shuttle (4.32)... for those who are metrics fans.
                It's our opinions I guess. I just don't see it. I think Turner is a better cover guy.
                Very good in man and has the quick twitch to close in zone. Better technique. Way better tackler. He had a lower QB rating against him than Phillips.

Not a first rounder but imo better than Phillips who isnt a first rounder. Id actually be a little upset if he were our first round pick with what is probably on the board...,even if we trade down.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-12-2023, 08:50 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Nick Bosa
                  weight 266
                  3 cone 7.1 3 cone
                  40 yard dash 4.79

Myles Murphy
                  Weight 268 pounds
                  3 cone 7.21
                  40 yard dash 4.53

Still going to be a monster player if he plays to his strengths.

Bruce smith stats...

"Listed at 6-4 and 280 pounds, Smith was truly a physical specimen. He combined his size with amazing acceleration and speed. In fact, he ran a blistering 4.71 in the 40-yard-dash prior to the draft, an unheard of number for a defensive lineman of that size."
                  Last edited by gzubeck; 04-12-2023, 08:57 PM.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

It's our opinions I guess. I just don't see it. I think Turner is a better cover guy.
                    Very good in man and has the quick twitch to close in zone. Better technique. Way better tackler. He had a lower QB rating against him than Phillips.

Not a first rounder but imo better than Phillips who isnt a first rounder. Id actually be a little upset if he were our first round pick with what is probably on the board...,even if we trade down.
                    I guess we'll see...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I guess we'll see...
                      Don't get me wrong, I do like Phillips. Just don't think he is a first rounder and like Turner a little more.
                      If Turner is gone by our 54 pick, I'd be fine with Phillips. But at 21, no.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Don't get me wrong, I do like Phillips. Just don't think he is a first rounder and like Turner a little more.
                        I'll take more Asante's in ANY round we get! In other words successes...
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Choosing a CB in the 2nd round this year is not a bad strategy. The position is deep. We just disagree when it comes to Phillips.
                          There are many players people have mentioned @#21 that I'd be happy with.

Comment

Working...
                          X