• Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Thank you for the explanation. I'll try to keep that in mind.

I do still think there are a couple of guys that are simply not very bright and are probably happy to be unhappy as they go through life.
    Its being a lazy fan. See the easy part is to say the team will fail in every aspect. And unless the team wins the SB then they get to say they are right.

Even if the team did win the SB they would still complain the win was not by 30 points or more and they would not deserve the trophy due to this. Its an old tired act that has been around since the beginning of fandom.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Its being a lazy fan. See the easy part is to say the team will fail in every aspect. And unless the team wins the SB then they get to say they are right.

Even if the team did win the SB they would still complain the win was not by 30 points or more and they would not deserve the trophy due to this. It's t is an old tired act that has been around since the beginning of fandom.
      As a comic once said, they'd complain if they won the lottery because it put them in a higher tax bracket. I still scratch my head why some bother following the team they find such a source of frustration, irritation and disappointment since nothing will change under Team Spanos and they are going nowhere - but they can spend their time as they wish, obviously. And yes, when people literally do nothing but spew negativity in every single thread it is a tired act.

Comment

• WindsorUK
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Windsor, U.K.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
        I'm not a JJ3 fan, I think he's no longer a good player. Another Safety would sure be a good thing but I just don't think much of JJ3 anymore. Perhaps someone will be available now when teams start thinning out the roster?

I think Elliot wants more $$ than EK is asking for.
        That's got to be the hope, right?
        No safeties drafted, only James( with all his injuries) and Gillman viable options, I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 veteran FA safeties brought in after being let go by their former team.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

As a comic once said, they'd complain if they won the lottery because it put them in a higher tax bracket. I still scratch my head why some bother following the team they find such a source of frustration, irritation and disappointment since nothing will change under Team Spanos and they are going nowhere - but they can spend their time as they wish, obviously. And yes, when people literally do nothing but spew negativity in every single thread it is a tired act.
          People have really under estimated the need for REALLY GOOD coordinators. Watching the Patriots become extremely mediocre on offense was compounded by their draft this year with mostly defensive draft picks. Belicheck was spoiled by Brady and his OC's in the past. He simply looks pedestrian now that he doesn't have balance. I actually kind of feel sorry for Mac Jones. Same goes for the Chargers...we had a Pedestrian OC who could not come up with adjustments and new game plans. I'm more optimistic with just that alone...
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Even if the team did win the SB they would still complain the win was not by 30 points or more and they would not deserve the trophy due to this. Its an old tired act that has been around since the beginning of fandom.
            That's just pure BS. Is that the best you can do? Probably is.

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

A better question is: Why does ANYONE follow the team when nothing is going to change? Pollyannas must love losing and being disappointed, frustrated, and irritated.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

A better question is: Why does ANYONE follow the team when nothing is going to change? Pollyannas must love losing and being disappointed, frustrated, and irritated.
                Well if it bothers you that much..

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Sade masochistic urges?

After 45 years of this it's kind of a way of life for me...

also maybe a countdown to a new GM soon if and only if we continue to spring leaks (Expensive overpaid injury stars) like we have in past seasons.
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolts4ever213
                    Day One...
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Brentwood, 94513
                    • Send PM

We as fans think we can do a better job than the ppl in the building. It’s not the number of years you have been a fan, it’s the way you are a fan. For me, ever since the holy roller play, I’ve been a fan. Maybe not the greatest way to get into a team, but I was only 11 or 12.

The thing that I’ve learn about a fan forum, is that you see all types of fans and their mindset. It mirrors society, in that, there’s good and bad everywhere.

I can’t wait to root again for the Chargers. I can’t wait to see who has grown their game to become better or worse. I can’t wait to see what a new OC can do, because the last one was hampered in boring. I can’t wait, to see a fully healthy Bosa who needs to channel all that angst into becoming what he is supposed to be. I can’t wait, to Bolt the Fuck Up!!!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts4ever213 View Post
                      We as fans think we can do a better job than the ppl in the building. It’s not the number of years you have been a fan, it’s the way you are a fan. For me, ever since the holy roller play, I’ve been a fan. Maybe not the greatest way to get into a team, but I was only 11 or 12.

The thing that I’ve learn about a fan forum, is that you see all types of fans and their mindset. It mirrors society, in that, there’s good and bad everywhere.

I can’t wait to root again for the Chargers. I can’t wait to see who has grown their game to become better or worse. I can’t wait to see what a new OC can do, because the last one was hampered in boring. I can’t wait, to see a fully healthy Bosa who needs to channel all that angst into becoming what he is supposed to be. I can’t wait, to Bolt the Fuck Up!!!
                      We are similar age so have been following many years

I still root for the Chargers and want them to be damn successful. I truly do. Everything you said - better offense, better defense. The Chargers have the QB - Telesco needs to finish filling out the roster and Staley needs to coach better and the team needs to win some damn games.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Well if it bothers you that much..
                        Team Spanos does bother me. And a part of me still holds out hope - a fool's hops, as I've said before - that they will one day stumble upon the right combination and we'll finally win a SB.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Team Spanos does bother me. And a part of me still holds out hope - a fool's hops, as I've said before - that they will one day stumble upon the right combination and we'll finally win a SB.
                          When you have a QB like this everyone knows we are on track to win a championship. It really comes down to building around him the right kind of players and HC coaches and GM. It all starts there.

I will say this having been following the Chargers since I was 10 and growing up in So-CAl I never thought I would see the California Angeles win a world series before seeing the Chargers win a bowl.

Comment

Working...
                          X