Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I dont see how you read Palmer is 3 over Q. They are both shown as #2 behind each of the two starters.
    It's pretty obvious to those who seek the truth.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
      Also, at second glance, I notice it's Hopkins OR Dicker.

I initially thought Hopkins was listed ahead of Dicker.
      Barring injury to Dicker this competition is over. It’s Dicker’s job.

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Neither was Salyer but he was the best option for us. Now he is going back to OG. Hoping the USFL guy works out but.....it's the USFL so we'll see.
        What was that line in The Shawshank Redemtion from Red. Let me tell you about hope...

Comment

• YAC
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2023
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
          Palmer under Moore’s offense might just see him reach his as yet untapped potential. By seniority alone he deserves the chance and the nod, no matter if draft pick #1 QJ is getting all the props this training camp.
          Not a believer in seniority. Meritocracy 100% IMO.

But Palmer will get his PT. QJ is still raw and his hands are inconsistent. Moore said this week they would utilize him in special packages at first, focus on route trees and plays where he's most comfortable/capable.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

And a drunk Pat's fan knock my old man down to the ground in the parking lot walking to the car afterwards
            Wow...I guess winning wasn't enough...

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
              Beef Before Gazelles
              • May 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Barring injury to Dicker this competition is over. It’s Dicker’s job.
              That's *my* opinion, as well.

A contract like Herb's necessitates that the team cut Cap Corners wherever possible. I think Dicker-- who's entering his second season-- can be a cap effective solution to the need for an accurate and clutch PK for four or five years to come. Hopkins? He's going into his 10th season, and he's already more expensive.

If Dicker succeeds with the Bolts, he'll become commensurately expensive eventually, and a friendlier PK contract would most likely be considered at that point. Just like it's being considered NOW.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Palmer under Moore’s offense might just see him reach his as yet untapped potential. By seniority alone he deserves the chance and the nod, no matter if draft pick #1 QJ is getting all the props this training camp.
                They both are getting a lot of props in camp. Seniority is irrelevant. I’m thrilled JP is getting as much positive buzz as he is - the more the merrier.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

It's pretty obvious to those who seek the truth.
                  In the depth chart? JP is having a great camp, its awesome he’s taken another big step up.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

In the depth chart? JP is having a great camp, its awesome he’s taken another big step up.
                    It sounds like he want to perfect his craft and loves to learn. I heard he would wake up in the middle of the night and practice his releases.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...rt-2023-season

In the Chargers' depth chart, Palmer is No. 3 on the list.

Starters: Keenan Allen and Mike Williams

Backups: Joshua Palmer, Quentin Johnston, Jalen Guyton (PUP list), Derius Davis, Keelan Doss, John Hightower, Terrell Bynum, Darrius Shepherd, Pokey Wilson and Milton Wright

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                        Beef Before Gazelles
                        • May 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

It sounds like he want to perfect his craft and loves to learn. I heard he would wake up in the middle of the night and practice his releases.
                        Practice them mentally?!? Or actually get out of bed, and go somewhere he can physically execute the release moves?!?

'Cause-- in the middle of the night?-- there's something overly obsessive about the latter. lol

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                          https://www.chargers.com/news/charge...rt-2023-season

In the Chargers' depth chart, Palmer is No. 3 on the list.

Starters: Keenan Allen and Mike Williams

Backups: Joshua Palmer, Quentin Johnston, Jalen Guyton (PUP list), Derius Davis, Keelan Doss, John Hightower, Terrell Bynum, Darrius Shepherd, Pokey Wilson and Milton Wright
                          Well, that is not a depth chart at all, is it - its some in-house sports writer trying to translate it into prose form. The real depth chart shows both of them as backups to the two starters, #2 at each position.

I find this debate to be pedantic and tedious. JP is having a great camp and likely has greater organizational trust as a 3rd year pro at this point. Thats awesome. I always expected a half-season for QJ’s maturation to NFL to step forward and dominate, he seems a bit ahead of my schedule.

Win Win, so what.

Comment

Working...
                          X