• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
    Just can't cut Farmer and Dotson after Saturday's game !
    Farmer is my guy, been rooting for him bigtime and it's nice to see he has the goods, I agree both of these kids are needed on this roster in 2024, it's called team building and you don't let that type of talent go elsewhere...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Already cut in Popper’s 53.
      I misunderstood the rule with the QB - they have to be on the 53 roster - probably can be inactive but if need be play that game

Duggan - you are going to the PS young man

Hopkins - hopefully they can trade him. If not, that is 1.1m spent

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

As for Rountree, I think the Bolts are sending a message. If you don’t accept protecting the QB is job #1, we have no use for you.
        Yup we saw the moment Staley decided to move on when Larry whiffed on that pass pro.
        NFL is unforgiving. Unfortunately, so are injuries to franchise qbs.
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I just think even with the initial 53 man roster is set - the Chargers still could be factors.

For instance, if they can trade Hopkins - even if they offer to pay 600k of the 1.1m he is owed - they would have another 1m or so to bring in quality depth.

Zach Ertz is healthy now with AZ - they might want to trade him - would he make sense

Zeke is out there

Just pointing out that the Chargers do have a bit of wiggle room cap wise where they can sign a guy for 3m and he only counts another 2.1m against the cap. Especially if they can trade Hopkins even paying part of his guarantee
          Zeke just signed with the Patriots . . . . . . . . . . . not that I wanted him anyway

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100%

And I didn't like the pick either, anyone with tech skills can verify with my posts at the time that I didn't see NFL quality running there. Reminded me of Gartrell Johnson for those who remember.
            and this is saying a lot since I'm usually great at talking myself into any pick on draft days! Ha. Not this one.
            Gartrell Johnson - very good comparison!

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Zeke just signed with the Patriots . . . . . . . . . . . not that I wanted him anyway
              he got 4 mil, 3 base 1 mil signing bonus and with incentives he could potentially make up to 6 mil on the deal...
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Wow. Completely unexpected. He must have shown nothing in TC
                More that others showed more . . . . . . . . . . . Roundtree was a worker and tried hard, but just didn't have the physical ability that the other RB's do. I think Horvath's next . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

True - but and he and Ertz were the only two names that popped into my head since I had jsut read about Ertz and knew Zeke was a FA

Injuries - it might be a veteran DT they might need. Point is - Chargers do have a bit of cash to make something work if it so arises. Maybe even a trade. Some team is trying to offload a veteran for whatever reason - Chargers have some cap flexibility to take that player on

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Who do you cut to keep Dotson?
                    One of the six DL, maybe Nick Williams. The Chargers use an average of 2.5 linemen per defensive play because they run so much nickle and dime. They don't need six, even with needing bodies to cover for Johnson and Ogbonnia while they're on PUP.

​

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                      Moderate Skeptic
                      • May 2022
                      • Send PM

Who do you cut to keep Dotson? That’s the problem. He’d have to displace somebody on the teams units. And that’s tough because they are solid this year and you want them to be solid, not just a holding area for end of bench guys.

or maybe it’s McKitty vs Dotson. That would not surprise me.
                      Duggan to PS . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

he got 4 mil, 3 base 1 mil signing bonus and with incentives he could potentially make up to 6 mil on the deal...
                        Yeah - that's quite a bit better than I thought he was worth . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

One of the six DL, maybe Nick Williams. The Chargers use an average of 2.5 linemen per defensive play because they run so much nickle and dime. They don't need six, even with needing bodies to cover for Johnson and Ogbonnia while they're on PUP.

​
                          Yes - With AJ and Tito coming back early in the season they can get away with rolling with one less interior DL.

Comment

Working...
                          X