• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Do the Crads have any players left that we could use?

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by YAC View Post

I understand the sentiment!

Not my biggest worry but only because this: Serviceable tight ends are pretty common and I think they can find one from the +1,000 players that are going to get released on Aug 29. Probably over 50 tight ends are going to get cut from across the 32 teams. Find me one that blocks better than McKitty, and let Tre' go.

However, it sure would be nice to have something better than serviceable. Next draft, I guess...
      I believe that if you play your 2 min offense all game, you don’t need a blocking TE or a FB on the squad. Put in an extra OL or 2 in if you’re in short yardage, otherwise force the D to back the F up.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
        I don't like the idea of Doss making it over Hightower.
        it's like we're valuing production in 2 PS games over actual training camp, prisoner of the moment status.
        Doss is healthy and bigger, so if that's the angle, okay, but the explosive weapon is Hightower and we've come too far now to settle for mediocre. If neither make the 53 that's fine too, I would just be disappointed to see Doss over Hightower.

I'd like to see McFadden play LT tomorrow.
        I’m good with Doss and Hightower as our starting WRs tomorrow. Let the better man get the last spot. Speed vs power, a good race IMO.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Don't matter between Doss or Hightower because when Guyton is ready to go, either one will be released to the PS.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It's an improvement. He wasn't a RT last season either lol. He sucked.
            You're right, at times he did suck last year, but he also had some moments where he showed something, against the 49ers he exceeded my expectations by a mile, he actually did okay against nick bosa, and overall he was better in 2022 over what he had looked like in 2021, now in 2023 he has continued to develop and looks better than he did last year, it's significant that there has been a positive progression with Foster...just don't play him at LT, he played the right side in college and I think that's where he feels most comfortable...these O-linemen can take up to 3-4 years to develop and learn how to play in the NFL...perhaps this doesn't mean much but he's the best of the undrafted tackles that the chargers have tried to develop in recent years...if he stays on the right side, I think he will be a starter at RT somewhere in the NFL, I don't think he'll be an all pro or prowler or anything like that, but there are a lot of guys starting right now in the league that don't have the tools or the pedigree that he has, he's going to have a career, let's not forget that he went undrafted and had a horrible college run with respect to injuries that hampered his development...he's entering his 3rd NFL season now and seems to have kicked the injury bug...an average but still with some upside (his pass pro still improving) RT that can stay healthy? Yeah, he'll be around for a while...
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

You're right, at times he did suck last year, but he also had some moments where he showed something, against the 49ers he exceeded my expectations by a mile, he actually did okay against nick bosa, and overall he was better in 2022 over what he had looked like in 2021, now in 2023 he has continued to develop and looks better than he did last year, it's significant that there has been a positive progression with Foster...just don't play him at LT, he played the right side in college and I think that's where he feels most comfortable...these O-linemen can take up to 3-4 years to develop and learn how to play in the NFL...perhaps this doesn't mean much but he's the best of the undrafted tackles that the chargers have tried to develop in recent years...if he stays on the right side, I think he will be a starter at RT somewhere in the NFL, I don't think he'll be an all pro or prowler or anything like that, but there are a lot of guys starting right now in the league that don't have the tools or the pedigree that he has, he's going to have a career, let's not forget that he went undrafted and had a horrible college run with respect to injuries that hampered his development...he's entering his 3rd NFL season now and seems to have kicked the injury bug...an average but still with some upside (his pass pro still improving) RT that can stay healthy? Yeah, he'll be around for a while...
              That's reassuring.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I’m good with Doss and Hightower as our starting WRs tomorrow. Let the better man get the last spot. Speed vs power, a good race IMO.
                QJ needs some reps for those hands of stone

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Don't matter between Doss or Hightower because when Guyton is ready to go, either one will be released to the PS.
                  I dunno, has all this extra development time narrowed the gap? Do they get off the line clean, or say cleaner than Guyton who struggles mightily at that?

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                    Do the Crads have any players left that we could use?
                    The... uhm... 'Crads'?!?

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

When? There could be a lot of games before Guyton is able to earn a roster spot, if ever. He's not bumping anyone with clips of the past.
                      I wish him well but he has to prove he's more valuable depth now.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                        Let's do this!
                        • Aug 2022
                        • Raleigh N. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I believe that if you play your 2 min offense all game, you don’t need a blocking TE or a FB on the squad. Put in an extra OL or 2 in if you’re in short yardage, otherwise force the D to back the F up.
                        Playing a 2 min offense the whole game is the perfect formula for wearing OUR defense out, not theirs...

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

The... uhm... 'Crads'?!?
                          typo. should have been Craps

Comment

Working...
                          X