• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

wouldn't be surprised if DeCosta would give up his #22 for Joey....
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

Restructure Bosa and Allen for 2023.

If that would not work (team sucess next year) - trade Bosa before 2024 depends on 23 production maybe 1st and 2nd (pipe dream) he still will be 29 before 2024 season starts and contract would not be that bad if restructure in proper way - I can see value here.

P.s. Cut Telesco.

Allen’s contract, which can save them up to $8,917,500 if he’s restructured or up to $14,268,000 if he’s extended.

A restructure saves up to $15,223,333 in 2023 cap space, and gives Bosa more long-term stability by guaranteeing money for the remainder of his contract.

Thats free $24,150,833.

We are in cap hell... Yea... Not really xD

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Since you watched all of the games, can you tell me how many full games KA and MW played together...? What were the results...?
        I do watch the games and what I see is this:

Deebo Samuel taking a screen pass and running over and through DBs to score from 35 yards out

I see Tyreek Hill picking up a football on a fumble and being so fast he scores a touchdown

I see Diggs, mostly every game I see Buffalo play - not only catch everything basically thrown at him but also go deep once a game - and sometimes he connects, sometimes he doesn't but he is behind the DBs. Allen and Williams are good players - but they do not have that as part of their game

The Chargers need explosive playmakers. Kellen Moore mentioned Air Coryell. Well besides Fouts and that stellar OL - they had a solid WR in Joiner, Winslow, the best TE of the era and either Jefferson or Chandler. Even the super Bowl year, they had Tony Martin

So yes, the chargers NEED speed and playmaking ability at WR. Personally I think they need two - one like Zay Flowers who can run with the ball, yards after catch and a second like Hyatt or Reed who can just get downfield with straightline speed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
          wouldn't be surprised if DeCosta would give up his #22 for Joey....
          I think the Giants possibly
          Houston Texans as they have extra draft picks
          Seattle is another one to watch

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I do watch the games and what I see is this:

Deebo Samuel taking a screen pass and running over and through DBs to score from 35 yards out

I see Tyreek Hill picking up a football on a fumble and being so fast he scores a touchdown

I see Diggs, mostly every game I see Buffalo play - not only catch everything basically thrown at him but also go deep once a game - and sometimes he connects, sometimes he doesn't but he is behind the DBs. Allen and Williams are good players - but they do not have that as part of their game

The Chargers need explosive playmakers. Kellen Moore mentioned Air Coryell. Well besides Fouts and that stellar OL - they had a solid WR in Joiner, Winslow, the best TE of the era and either Jefferson or Chandler. Even the super Bowl year, they had Tony Martin

So yes, the chargers NEED speed and playmaking ability at WR. Personally I think they need two - one like Zay Flowers who can run with the ball, yards after catch and a second like Hyatt or Reed who can just get downfield with straightline speed
            Not just speed, we also need players with some wiggle. Guyton is fast in a straight line but has no open field moves. Neither do Allen, Williams, Palmer or Everett. Ekeler is about the only guy on the roster who will make someone miss in the open field.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

I think the Giants possibly
              Houston Texans as they have extra draft picks
              Seattle is another one to watch
              I would be absolutely shocked if we traded or cut Bosa. We'll restructure him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Not just speed, we also need players with some wiggle. Guyton is fast in a straight line but has no open field moves. Neither do Allen, Williams, Palmer or Everett. Ekeler is about the only guy on the roster who will make someone miss in the open field.
                Thats why I like the idea of Zay Flowers. From what I have seen - he has that wiggle you mention. The ability to make guys miss. Plus I think he has enough speed to just out run people.

I doubt Telesco would do it - since they do have needs at Edge and if Everett is released, TE - but would like to see two WRs by the end of Day 2 in the draft

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I would be absolutely shocked if we traded or cut Bosa. We'll restructure him.
                  Agreed. Its easier to release Allen for cap space than it is trade Bosa for cap space
                  Plus if you are moving money into the future for Bosa or Allen - Bosa makes much more sense
                  But the organization should be listening

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Agreed. Its easier to release Allen for cap space than it is trade Bosa for cap space
                    Plus if you are moving money into the future for Bosa or Allen - Bosa makes much more sense
                    But the organization should be listening
                    I still have such a hard time seeing the team cut Allen, especially given TT's comment about him in his end of year press conference. But doing so is the quickest way to solving a big chunk of the cap issues. The bad thing about the cap is that not only are we over the cap, the bottom 11 guys on the roster that are currently counting against it are practice squad type guys making the minimum. To upgrade them will require more cap space being freed up than what we are currently over.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

The real goal is putting together a total offense that creates "conflict" for defenders.

Either/or decisions must be made and must be made fast.

Football speed is needed, as opposed to stopwatch speed.

Your "wiggle" point, or what is called "cheap yards" is key.

All four teams in AFCCG/NFCCG had players who got chunk yards after the ball was in their hands.

YAC = Yards After Catch AND Yards After Contact.)

We need Ekeler, Guyton, and more.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

I still have such a hard time seeing the team cut Allen, especially given TT's comment about him in his end of year press conference. But doing so is the quickest way to solving a big chunk of the cap issues. The bad thing about the cap is that not only are we over the cap, the bottom 11 guys on the roster that are currently counting against it are practice squad type guys making the minimum. To upgrade them will require more cap space being freed up than what we are currently over.
                        I don't believe anything a GM says at that thing. He wasn't going to say "Allen is gone" - he has to play it close to the vest. Maybe Allen takes a pay cut - for the reasons Popper said, giving him his 19m and kicking a bunch of it onto 2024 doesn't make sense

I get the need for QB - but the NFL - you need a deep balanced roster. In the NBA, you can be a little top heavy -in fact, you almost have to be to win. Bu;t in the NFL - you need depth

So trading or releasing Allen might allow the team to build depth in multiple areas

I do think eventually Bosa will be restructured

Every NFL team roster has the bottom 15 players making the minimum though - thats a given

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          No one wants to win a Super Bowl around this place...?
                          EVERYONE wants to win a SB around this place. That much I can say with 100% certainty. It's (obviously) the way to go about it that we disagree. At some point, you can't keep deferring money into the future; that will eventually catch up with you. I think this team is headed for some hard times, certainly '23 and probably '24. Of course, if they keep putting lipstick on the pig, we could be talking '25 and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                          X