• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    The Bills "Billed" in the playoffs last year... it goes on and on and on...
    Now the Bills may have a case

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

They also "Chiefed" in the Super Bowl 2 years ago 31-9. Ouch!
      No one would be talking about “chargering” if we had a few super bowls. In fact, 1 Super Bowl probably solves it

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

I got us at 7-10 not sure if there are others with that prediction.

To me the definition of chargering is whatever can go wrong will. From an injury perspective it’s usually pretty easy to predict - whatever position group has the least depth will be the position group totally cleaned out by injuries. This year it’s probably safety and defensive end. This front office usually goes into the season with multiple fringe NFL players starting at important positions & position groups with no depth whatsoever

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

That's on the fanbase then... doesn't mean it's a real thing. I hear un-real things on this board everyday. There's your pattern.

There's a guy on this board that thinks we're going 7-10 this year... Un-real!
          Kellyb is your man. And we don’t know if that’s real or unreal. Won’t know until they’ve won their 8th game.

you may not like it but that doesn’t mean it’s unreal. There’s a guy on the board whose entire mantra has been “year of the flip”. What do you think that’s about? Flipping from 10-7 to 7-10??? No, it’s just another way of the old “revere the curse”

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't think that guy has posted for several months. I forgot his name but entertaining from an extreme pessimist. I mean we could go 7-10 but we would have to have another extremely injury riddled season again. Other teams we play will not have an easy Lombardi to game plan against this season. That alone should be good for 3+ additional wins regardless of our opponent. I think he views Staley as totally incompetent for that 7-10 benchmark.
            BayAreaBolts was on just a couple days ago.
            We had Pro Bowlers miss a combined 55 games last year... and that doesn't even include Mike Williams, Austin Johnson et al.
            And we still went 10-7! Even with Lamebo at OC...
            The coaching was actually pretty good... considering.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

No one would be talking about “chargering” if we had a few super bowls. In fact, 1 Super Bowl probably solves it
              If your only measure is past Super Bowls... then, yeah.
              But that kind of thinking kept Coach Coryell out of the HOF for decades.

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                I got us at 7-10 not sure if there are others with that prediction.

To me the definition of chargering is whatever can go wrong will. From an injury perspective it’s usually pretty easy to predict - whatever position group has the least depth will be the position group totally cleaned out by injuries. This year it’s probably safety and defensive end. This front office usually goes into the season with multiple fringe NFL players starting at important positions & position groups with no depth whatsoever
                To me the people that use that term are only looking for the bad. Also, they're ignoring the fact that it happens to every team... or the fact that multiple things also went right. I could name them for you if you'd like....

Injuries are impossible to predict.
                Who are your "fringe starters" at "important positions" this year...?
                Because almost every single important position (QB, OT, OC, WR, DE, CB) is pretty solid, starter-wise.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Kellyb is your man. And we don’t know if that’s real or unreal. Won’t know until they’ve won their 8th game.

you may not like it but that doesn’t mean it’s unreal. There’s a guy on the board whose entire mantra has been “year of the flip”. What do you think that’s about? Flipping from 10-7 to 7-10??? No, it’s just another way of the old “revere the curse”
                  "Welcome to this episode of 'Reverse the Curse', with your host Flip Doubt..."

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. It just means that there is a lot of Group Think going on.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Now the Bills may have a case
                      And the Bengals... and the Eagles... and the 49ers... and the Dolphins... and the Cowboys...
                      Do you even remember the number of teams ahead of us for the last playoff spot around Week 13 or 14...?

That was a lot of "Chargering"... only it wasn't the Chargers. It was the Pats... the Jets... the Titans.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. It just means that there is a lot of Group Think going on.
                        You are correct. Saying it doesn't make it true. Witnessing it does.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Personally, the curse repulses me.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X