• Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Curse Breaker #3

Take a cleansing bath:

Take a purifying bath that includes a blend of hyssop, rue, salt, and other protective herbs. Some people believe this will wash away the curse.
    No more ice baths... 21st century magic for a 21st century team.​

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Curse Breaker #4:

Find a talisman:

Create a spell-breaking talisman or amulet. This can be an existing item that you consecrate and charge, and ritually assign the task of repelling the curse, or it can be a piece of jewelry that you create specifically for this purpose.
      NFL players generally can afford and wear expensive jewelry... so this is a no-brainer.​

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Curse Breaker #5:

Party like it's 1999

On the morning of a full moon, between sunrise and one hour after sunrise, cut a lemon in half and sprinkle the top of each half with sea salt. Sweep your aura with one half and then the other half (sort of like you’re using an energetic lint brush about 6-12 inches away from your skin) and then place both halves face up on your altar. The next morning, again between sunrise and an hour after sunrise, discard the halves in yard waste, trash, or compost bin. Then repeat the entire process with a new lemon. Repeat for 12 days straight.
        I frequently sweep my aura with lemon and salt.
        I add tequila sometimes... I use a TV as my alter.
        12 days is a bit excessive...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Saying the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. It just means that there is a lot of Group Think going on.
          It doesn't make it untrue either . . . . . . . . . . . . and if by 'group think' you're referring to those of us who have suffered through the many epic fails in the past as some kind of sheeple because we are requiring the team to show us something before we get all hot and bothered then - so be it, I guess we're sheep, but just because you and others have been selling the 'year of the flip' mantra doesn't mean that's going to happen either, that's 'group think' as well. It's both sides of the same coin.

Maybe we should wait until we get a few games under our belt and see what we've got this year . . . . . . . . . . . we were supposed to be a great team last year too . . . . . . . .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

They ever lose like we did to the Jags in the playoffs?Chargering ain't a myth.
            Andy’s first playoff game in KC, they were up by 28 midway through the 3rd quarter and lost.

Chargering is a myth, superstitions usually reserved for old Gypsy women.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

It doesn't make it untrue either . . . . . . . . . . . . and if by 'group think' you're referring to those of us who have suffered through the many epic fails in the past as some kind of sheeple because we are requiring the team to show us something before we get all hot and bothered then - so be it, I guess we're sheep, but just because you and others have been selling the 'year of the flip' mantra doesn't mean that's going to happen either, that's 'group think' as well. It's both sides of the same coin.

Maybe we should wait until we get a few games under our belt and see what we've got this year . . . . . . . . . . . we were supposed to be a great team last year too . . . . . . . .
              ..And in spite of all the "excuses" we went 10-7 and made the playoffs. We were not great, outside of kicking Mia's butts and stomping some losers, but were pretty good. "Chargering" vs Jax was amazing when we got up 27-0 on a team that we shouldn't beat and then they beat us by 1. How often do we get on that roller coaster? Some say every week, every year but we all know that's a crock. I want to see that Chargers team again with a mostly "excuse" free roster. Put us in Coach! We're ready to play!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Kellyb is your man. And we don’t know if that’s real or unreal. Won’t know until they’ve won their 8th game.

you may not like it but that doesn’t mean it’s unreal. There’s a guy on the board whose entire mantra has been “year of the flip”. What do you think that’s about? Flipping from 10-7 to 7-10??? No, it’s just another way of the old “revere the curse”
                Thats not what flip means. We are flipping the losses, keeping the wins
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

They ever lose like we did to the Jags in the playoffs?Chargering ain't a myth.
                  Oh yes, friend and Charger brother. 2014. Colts with Andrew Luck came back from being down 38-10 to beat Andy Reids Chiefs I think 45-44 in the playoffs. The first couple Chiefs teams choked big time in the playoffs under Reid until he got things right. So, yeah, they Chargered or Chiefed or whatever you want to call it

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I'm not selling "year of the flip"... I've never even mentioned it before now.
                    We had a very good team last year... but, as you know, injuries devastated us last year. I don't think we've ever endured that many significant players miss that many games. I don't think we even got to see how good that team could have been. Mike and Keenan only played a few games together. Joey and Khalil only played a dew games together. And we still went 10-7. In the history of the NFL, you won't find 55 games missed by Pro Bowlers and a 10-7 record.

I agree, let's see what they can do. I think this team is better than last year's team. Per our bet, we have both put our money (avatars) where our mouths are. May the best (most informed) man win.

Curses aren't real. They just aren't.
                    There is no such thing as "Chargering". No matter who says it. No matter how many times they say it.

Comment

• Boltnut
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Oh yes, friend and Charger brother. 2014. Colts with Andrew Luck came back from being down 38-10 to beat Andy Reids Chiefs I think 45-44 in the playoffs. The first couple Chiefs teams choked big time in the playoffs under Reid until he got things right. So, yeah, they Chargered or Chiefed or whatever you want to call it

TG
                      There are 100 other games just like that historic Chiefs flop.
                      But no one here either knows about them... or care to know about them.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

So, you're worried about depth... and assume the injuries will pile up like last year...?
                        That's a long ways away from the "front office always leaving us with marginal starters at impact positions"...

BTW... Kendricks is much better than Tranquill. Read/react skills are much better. Understands how to call the defense and get guys alligned correctly, too.

Kellen Moore is worlds ahead of Lombardi. Moore ran a lot of multiple TE sets with Dallas because his WR's @Dallas sucked (excluding CeeDee Lamb). Moore will build his offense around the best players available to him. The Chargers WR's are its strength... that's why we expect to see 3 and 4 WR sets. Moore is multiple... Lombardi was inflexible. Players had to fit Lombardi's scheme. Moore fits his scheme around players. They are polar opposites in this respect.
                        I disagree strongly Kendricks is better than Tranquill. Tranquill may not have been as good right in the box at the point of attack but he played with fire, hustle, and emotion and made a lot of splash plays in big moment. Kendricks mostly plays in slow motion and lags around like he doesn't give a shit. Trust me Tranquill will be celebrated in KC and missed here.

I hope you're right about Moore I've watched 13 games so far of Dallas last season and am totally unimpressed. As of now based on what I've seen I'm thinking he's actually a downgrade from Lombardi. I've watched 13 games of football and he has yet to use a single screen to a running back. Not one! Very few easy schemed up throws. Everything is difficult hoping our front is better than your front and our guys can beat your guys. I'm actually watching their game vs Jacksonville now and the difference in playcalling between him and Peterson is astounding. Doug Peterson is a guy who I would consider a very good play caller. Lawrence sux in the straight dropback game, they struggle with protection and aren't exactly a really physical Oline, but he makes their offense effective by spreading the defense horizontally and utilizing a ton of misdirection, screens, etc. That Jacksonville offense is a pain in the ass to defend and Peterson really leverages what he has to work with there.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

so making any astute observations at training camp today was way harder than I anticipated. Lot's of distractions, bad blecher seats, smelly noisy people, mini heat strokes etc.
                          but I saw a few things:
                          I'm a believer of the Hightower hype. Made at least 2 contested catches with great body positioning.
                          Darius Davis I'm a bit down on after that drop and I think he ended with 2 drops.
                          here is the least surprising sentence ever: guys, without our starting tackles, we're in deep deep shit.
                          Mack moves faster than most linebackers imho, just a force today.
                          Scott Matlock has power and is pretty agile. Enough to forklift the human tub mr Salyer.
                          it was really hard to tell if the starting guards did their job in the run game because of the crappy angle but the run D was stout.
                          James looked great everywhere including as a passrusher.
                          Tuli did too, very strong.
                          Palmer beat ASJ and basically every db he went against, he's very physical at the catch point.
                          I'll post more if I remember. Long day, gnight guys.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X