• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If he's smart he'll utilize his RBs and TEs more. McDaniel failed to make adjustments last year when his O was sputtering. Didn't attack us on the ground,
    weak spot last year. Our other weak spot is in covering TEs. If we have to use James (as we sometimes do) it opens up the passing game for Hill.
    We can counter with bringing in a 5th dB. That can open the door to their running game.

I expect the Chargers to win this game. Dolphins will be missing their best safety and their best OT is questionable. But the game will likely be a lot
    closer than a lot of us expect. First game always going to be some rust and we didn't play any of our starters of significance in the preseason.

Jackson was pretty bad last year when he did play. But according to reports he was healing from an injury. So really I don't know what to expect
    from the guy. Reports are positive. But until we see him in game situations who knows?
    Derwin didnt play in last years game so i expect it to be better. Hill wasnt a factor much last year. Just have to shut Tua down as their RBs are pretty much all dinged up. Tua only had 6 completions last game. We are much more equiped coming into this game.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

they might benefit in run D if Achane is running the ball. Small and fast
      Just need to get an arm on him and he will go down lol. He isnt breaking any tackles.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Derwin didnt play in last years game so i expect it to be better. Hill wasnt a factor much last year. Just have to shut Tua down as their RBs are pretty much all dinged up. Tua only had 6 completions last game. We are much more equiped coming into this game.

So are they. Fangio has had weeks to prepare the defense as well as the offense to what they will likely see this time around from Staley.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

So are they. Fangio has had weeks to prepare the defense as well as the offense to what they will likely see this time around from Staley.
          They have injuries at RB, LT ...their list is a lot longer than ours so ill take the advantage there for us. And we are at home if that helps..lol. Not always.

We'll see, but im thinking we should win by 2 scores....and im talking TDs.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

One of the Bolts big advantages is at ED vs OT. And I think the KC game is gonna help them because the officials now have to call the OTs for lining up too far off the LOS or jumping the snap. Bosa and Mack are gonna be trouble for MIA.

I also think we go dime as our base D. 2 ED, 1 DT, 2 LB, 6 DB. Gotta stop those WRs on the back end. Blitz a LB, a S, a CB with regularity to keep pressure on Tula and make up for our light line. Confusion is the key to stopping MIA IMO.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              One of the Bolts big advantages is at ED vs OT. And I think the KC game is gonna help them because the officials now have to call the OTs for lining up too far off the LOS or jumping the snap. Bosa and Mack are gonna be trouble for MIA.

I also think we go dime as our base D. 2 ED, 1 DT, 2 LB, 6 DB. Gotta stop those WRs on the back end. Blitz a LB, a S, a CB with regularity to keep pressure on Tula and make up for our light line. Confusion is the key to stopping MIA IMO.
              Exactly.
              Tua is not a good scrambler from what I've seen.
              He will panic and turtle up.
              Forget the whole season, he may not survive the first half of this game.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Our Edge pass rushers are an advantage. Both are good at containing the edge vs run also. I think we'll mix other personnel alignments depending on situation.I'm looking forward to a solid performance by the LAC D. We have a lot of quality people who are invested in showing what they can do this year.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They have injuries at RB, LT ...their list is a lot longer than ours so ill take the advantage there for us. And we are at home if that helps..lol. Not always.

We'll see, but im thinking we should win by 2 scores....and im talking TDs.
                  We are going to dominate this game.
                  glad we got them early, they will beat a few good teams later when they'rehealthier.
                  assuming Tua is still playing.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Like everyone has noted above... football is a match-ups game.
                    Kellen Moore has had all preseason to prepare (and practice against) Staley's (Fangio's) defensive philosophy.

How I think this game plays out:
                    1) The Chargers are deep @offense (specifically @WR). The Dolphins (due to Ramsey injury) are thin @CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers score 21 points in the 1st half.
                    2) The Dolphins will need to keep pace on offense. They'll try to keep up by passing the ball. The Chargers edge rushers vs. the Dolphins OT's will be a matchup that favors the Chargers. Tua will have to read/pass quickly. Staley's disguised coverages should lead to turnovers... and more scoring opportunities for the Chargers in the 2nd half.
                    3) Shortened field position, coupled with Kellen Moore's new run-blocking concepts, may make this a lopsided game in the 2nd half.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Like everyone has noted above... football is a match-ups game.
                      Kellen Moore has had all preseason to prepare (and practice against) Staley's (Fangio's) defensive philosophy.

How I think this game plays out:
                      1) The Chargers are deep @offense (specifically @WR). The Dolphins (due to Ramsey injury) are thin @CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Chargers score 21 points in the 1st half.
                      2) The Dolphins will need to keep pace on offense. They'll try to keep up by passing the ball. The Chargers edge rushers vs. the Dolphins OT's will be a matchup that favors the Chargers. Tua will have to read/pass quickly. Staley's disguised coverages should lead to turnovers... and more scoring opportunities for the Chargers in the 2nd half.
                      3) Shortened field position, coupled with Kellen Moore's new run-blocking concepts, may make this a lopsided game in the 2nd half.
                      Lock-step.
                      I have Tua with 3 INTs trying to keep up although I'm thinking an additional sack fumble.
                      and I actually respect their DBs even without Ramsey but in the redzone they won't have an answer for Everett. He sticks out to me as the biggest mismatch.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Brevin Allen activated from prac squad. I guess that means Rumph will be inactive.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          Brevin Allen activated from prac squad. I guess that means Rumph will be inactive.
                          Go feast, UDFA.

Comment

Working...
                          X