Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

Vic Fangio would work for me.
    Unfortunately the chargers consider the DC spot filled

Also fangio has committed himself to sean payton, the only way I see fangio split from payton is if payton decides to go to denver, but even then I’m not sure the chargers would want to spend the money on a real DC…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• CivilBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
      This is awkward as fuck. Stayley should hire Rex Ryan as his defensive coordinator.
      I don’t mind Ryan but I think he hates Staley with a passion.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
        I just don't get it.Everywhere I looked up had STALEYs defense ranked 21st by seasons end.The dude ain't a defensive savant like we all were told he was.How do the SpAnus pukes think this is gonna make their customers I mean fans happy or believing that this year is gonna be a breakout amazing championship season?!?
        yep, he’s a guy that climbed fast because he can bullshit like a pro, the kid should consider entering politics…my single biggest issue with staley is that his defenses have fucking sucked…I like how he has helped the chargers in the offseason, his offseason approach and his drafts have really helped this team…he should be the GM, not the fucking coach…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I don’t mind Ryan but I think he hates Staley with a passion.
          Coaches that paid their dues and waited their turn to get a HC job are never going to appreciate a staley type that basically cut to the front of the line…

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2021
            • Send PM

His arrogance about calling the plays for the defense next year is really disappointing. He would have been fired if he was just the DC for any other team at this point. It doesn’t even have to be Vic Fangio. Brian Flores is out there for the taking. Shit, give the play calling duties to Renoldo Hill and see if he can cut it as a real DC next year. I would honestly rather have Jay Rodgers calling plays. I think Jay Rodgers is eventually going to be a DC and a good one.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
              His arrogance about calling the plays for the defense next year is really disappointing. He would have been fired if he was just the DC for any other team at this point. It doesn’t even have to be Vic Fangio. Brian Flores is out there for the taking. Shit, give the play calling duties to Renoldo Hill and see if he can cut it as a real DC next year. I would honestly rather have Jay Rodgers calling plays. I think Jay Rodgers is eventually going to be a DC and a good one.
              Exactly. Staley us stubborn
              He was stubborn with the decision to play Mike Williams
              Stubborn to have only 4 WRs on the roster
              Stubborn about playcalling. If Renaldo Hill cannot call plays - find somebody that can.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                BetterToday ThanYesterday
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Unfortunately the chargers consider the DC spot filled

Also fangio has committed himself to sean payton, the only way I see fangio split from payton is if payton decides to go to denver, but even then I’m not sure the chargers would want to spend the money on a real DC…
                Fangio has been on 2-3 interviews already, on his own, for open DC positions. He may not be as tied to Payton as we think. As I understand it HC candidates all assemble their dream list but sometimes they haven't even talked to the guys yet.

But for us, you are right. No way Staley hires Fangio unless it is as a consultant. And the time to do that was this past season, while Fangio was licking his wounds. Staley is going to keep betting on himself with the defense. I wonder what Wilhoite did wrong? Staley always praised him effusively. Then the guy is fired.

TG
                Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Coaches that paid their dues and waited their turn to get a HC job are never going to appreciate a staley type that basically cut to the front of the line…
                  With that logic, I’m guessing he hates McVay as well.

Comment

• PowderBill
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2023
                    • Send PM

Coach Staley needs to be gone
                    Chargers are missing a golden opportunity.
                    Last edited by Bolt-O; 01-20-2023, 12:38 AM. Reason: edited...politics

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

With that logic, I’m guessing he hates McVay as well.
                      McVay is legacy and he’s proven himself since the first time he took the rams to the SB, no comparison, staley is a joke compared to McVay…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Fangio has been on 2-3 interviews already, on his own, for open DC positions. He may not be as tied to Payton as we think. As I understand it HC candidates all assemble their dream list but sometimes they haven't even talked to the guys yet.

But for us, you are right. No way Staley hires Fangio unless it is as a consultant. And the time to do that was this past season, while Fangio was licking his wounds. Staley is going to keep betting on himself with the defense. I wonder what Wilhoite did wrong? Staley always praised him effusively. Then the guy is fired.

TG
                        I’m not certain fangio would want to work for staley, but even if he did, staley’s ego won’t allow it…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                          Charger Fan since 1978
                          • Sep 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
                          he is fucking arrogant, I don’t like him anymore, he supposedly takes full responsibility then promptly talks about only the good stretches his defense had, never about the inconsistency, never about getting fucked by better coaches…

Comment

Working...
                          X