• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Reid didn't win his 1st playoff game with KC until year 3. Staley is still able to tie or beat that record. we'll see. ):
    Pre Mahomes.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Many will argue that Brooks was better ...... some have argued that he should be in the Hall of Fame.
      I think I heard Boomer Esaison saying so.
      I would rather have drafted Mike Singletary, than Brooks. The Chargers even called Singletary to tell him they were going to select him. And then they went with Brooks, instead.

The Chargers desperately needed defense, when they selected Brooks. The offense was already top-notch. Then predictably, Brooks became frustrated that he wasn't getting more touches, and was traded. All the while, the Bolts' defense was Swiss Cheese.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

I would rather have drafted Mike Singletary, than Brooks. The Chargers even called Singletary to tell him they were going to select him. And then they went with Brooks, instead.

The Chargers desperately needed defense, when they selected Brooks. The offense was already top-notch. Then predictably, Brooks became frustrated that he wasn't getting more touches, and was traded. All the while, the Bolts' defense was Swiss Cheese.
        Singletary was projected to be a 2nd round draft pick that year.

Chaincrusher Sr. would have dogged them endlessly if Singletary was a flop.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No they arent.
          But it sure dont hurt at all to have a good RB commity. If you have a star RB he will still get used more often than the other guys. For us, Ekeler is our best but is undersized. The smaller RBs still do not get any bell cow use and thats for a reason.

As for Kelly, he also had 1/10th the carries. Zeke is just declining and perhaps lost step and ive no interest in signing him. Kelly imo wouldnt have great numbers if he had to have 20 carries a game.

Kelly isnt a dynamic runner at all but agree, as a threesome i like the group and think Spiller will have a lot better year.
          If you want a bell-cow, chances are that you will have to pay a 1st or 2nd round pick on them... even now.

Saquon Barkley was chosen with the #2 pick. Austin Ekeler has outplayed him as an UDFA.
          I'll drop Ekeler's numbers from 2017 (since Barkley has only been in the league since 2018).

Barkley: 6,070 total yards, 37 total TD's
          Ekeler: 6,635 total yards, 58 total TD's

In Moore's offense, I expect Kelley to get 100 more total touches and get 4.4+ carry. Ekeler's load will go down, but his ypc should increase to about 4.8.
          BTW... the NFL record for total receiving TD's by a RB stands @37 (Johnny Blood McNally 1931). Austin Ekeler is @29 TD receptions. Can he be the All-Time?

Marshall Faulk @36
          Darren Sproles @32
          James Brooks @30
          Austin Ekeler @29
          Ronnie Harmon @24
          LT @17

San Diego has been blessed over the years...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

If you want a bell-cow, chances are that you will have to pay a 1st or 2nd round pick on them... even now.

Saquon Barkley was chosen with the #2 pick. Austin Ekeler has outplayed him as an UDFA.
            I'll drop Ekeler's numbers from 2017 (since Barkley has only been in the league since 2018).

In Moore's offense, I expect Kelley to get 100 more total touches and get 4.4+ carry. Ekeler's load will go down, but his ypc should increase to about 4.8.
            BTW... the NFL record for total receiving TD's by a RB stands @37 (Johnny Blood McNally 1931). Austin Ekeler is @29 TD receptions. Can he be the All-Time?

Marshall Faulk @36
            Darren Sproles @32
            James Brooks @30
            Austin Ekeler @29
            Ronnie Harmon @24
            LT @17

Barkley had been in a shit offense with no QB his entire career. I don’t fault him - the dude was stellar when he came out, he’s been pounded hard and its showing already.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Marshall Faulk @36
              Darren Sproles @32
              James Brooks @30
              Austin Ekeler @29
              Ronnie Harmon @24
              LT @17

Barkley had missed a lot of games to injury so it's misleading. He only played in 2 games in 2020 for instance, and only played in 16 games twice for which 2022 was a 17 game schedule.

The only thing I'm expecting from Kelly is to be the third string RB.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Singletary was projected to be a 2nd round draft pick that year.
                The Bears selected Singletary in the 2nd round, roughly six picks after Brooks went off the board.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

It will be interesting to follow Bijan Robinson's career. Many of us thought he has star quality. Pick #8 to Atlanta..

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                    Beef Before Gazelles
                    • May 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                    It will be interesting to follow Bijan Robinson's career. Many of us thought he has star quality. Pick #8 to Atlanta..
                    Jahmyr Gibbs, too (#12 overall!), whom I had compared to James Brooks, a bit ironically, given some of the discussion a few posts above from here.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yes we had a little run against an anemic afc west but never got over the hump against the rest of the conference
                      The AFC West that Reid and the Chiefs have won these 7 years has been anemic. Chargers have been the only one to challenge them.

And Staley is being underrated. People act like he hasn't beaten Reid and the Chiefs even once. The games have always been close since Herbert came to the scene.

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The AFC West that Reid and the Chiefs have won these 7 years has been anemic. Chargers have been the only one to challenge them.

And Staley is being underrated. People act like he hasn't beaten Reid and the Chiefs even once. The games have always been close since Herbert came to the scene.
                        Staley's Chargers have been consistently tight with KC. One 6 pt W, 3 (2 X 3, 1 X 6 in OT) Ls
                        Chargers are better than they were in '21-'22. Not sure about KC.

Comment

• blueman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Robinson and Gibbs will be studs. Neck and neck and neck with Johnston for OROTY.

Comment

Working...
                          X