Clear All
  • colorado
    Fan since '62
    • Jun 2023
    • Desert Rat
    • Nothing but time on my hands
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I want to sign on to this Tweet like the Founders signed on to the Declaration of Independence.

Keenan surpassed Charlie Joiner late last season to become third on the franchise's all time receiving yard list (9474).

He is 111 yards away from passing Lance Alworth (9584) to become No. 2

He's 2367 yds from franchise all time leader Antonio Gates (11841).

His two TD receptions Sunday puts him at 54 for his career. He needs 5 to surpass Gary Garrison (58) and become No. 3 in that category, behind Allworth (81) and Gates (116)

His 810 career receptions puts him at No. 2 on the list, 145 behind Antonio Gates (155)

His 68.8% catch rate tops all WRs who had more than 50 receptions for the Chargers.

I hope Keenan retires as a Charger too. He is already proving this season he still has a lot left at age 31. The skills that have made him so successful are the skills that WRs who are successful well into their 30s possess: Hands, route running and experience.
    He's having a Charlie Joiner type career. A very gifted person...

Comment

• colorado
      Fan since '62
      • Jun 2023
      • Desert Rat
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That was my take. Its not work but he keeps trying to make "my system" work. Thats bad coaching. To keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results is arrogant and quite frankly, the opposite of good coaching. I remember the year Tebow mania took over Denver and McCoy talked about it. Paraphrasing, with Tebow they had to scrap whatever they were doing and basically mid-season, start from scratch

I think Staley is a good guy, smart guy. I think he is in over his head and his arrogance won't let him adapt

The defense sucks! It sucks! So running out that same scheme that gives up 30 yard pass plays is stupid
      Doing the same things over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity....

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Brandon Staley to Daniel Popper:

"Keep the word 'Jacksonville' out of your mouth ! "
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Doing the same things over and over expecting different results is the definition of insanity....
          Also poor coaching.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

Looking at this roster there is no way the defense should be this terrible.

I agree that it's likely that just simplifying everything to allow players to play fast and not overthink would likely help a lot.

Not saying Bradley should be here but even just using old Seattle Cover 1/3 based schemes and letting players play fast would probably look a lot different out there.
            I think the D is stacked with overrated players. Many are very good, but not great.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

That comment i made on his YT vid was about his music. Im a huge prog guy.
              I love me some prog too. Did you ever see 'Buffalo '66'? It's about a Buffalo native who loves the Bills and decides to go after the kicker who ruined his life and now runs a titty bar in Buffalo. The music cues the director uses in this scene while blow your mind.

That said, the director Vincent Gallo used to be in a band with Jean-Michel Basquit in a band called Gray. Basquiat left the band became an artist, Gallo became an actor/filmmaker.

So, being a prog guy, where are you at with Radiohead?

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You will like Daniel's music.
                I like his dawg.

Popper has crossed the Rubicon.
                I wanted him to be reserved.
                The rest of you want red meat.
                The rest of you are on the carnivore diet.
                What is your reaction Brandon ?
                Popper addressed that before you tuned in last night, he explained it very well. You should listen and stop this with Daniel Popper silliness, because to go farther with this is clearly in the wrong. I listened to all of it. No need to sensationalize something that didn't happen. Better, have him on your show. Let Popper explain the six words he said; to you, Steven and your audience.

Comment

• rensoul
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2023
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

I think the D is stacked with overrated players. Many are very good, but not great.
                  I agree that some of the players are likely overrated. However, a defense of very good but not great players should not be near the bottom of the league bad.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

I agree that some of the players are likely overrated. However, a defense of very good but not great players should not be near the bottom of the league bad.
                    But, what if they have a below average HC?
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      But, what if they have a below average HC?
                      Human Boat Anchor?
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet 1
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kauai
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I love me some prog too. Did you ever see 'Buffalo '66'? It's about a Buffalo native who loves the Bills and decides to go after the kicker who ruined his life and now runs a titty bar in Buffalo. The music cues the director uses in this scene while blow your mind.

That said, the director Vincent Gallo used to be in a band with Jean-Michel Basquit in a band called Gray. Basquiat left the band became an artist, Gallo became an actor/filmmaker.

So, being a prog guy, where are you at with Radiohead?
                        No but ive seen Ace Ventura? lol Not familiar with the flick but i know those names. Cant stand Radiohead. lol Never got into them. Prog was vague on my part. I like progressive metal but in this instance i was referring to progressive edm. Melodic....deep...progressive...house. Ben Boehmer....Lane 8....Klur....and all sorts of synthwave. Got really hooked on it during 70s horror. John Carpenter stuff. Tangerine Dream. But im also hardcore Metal like Amon Amarth and Lamb Of God etc. In Flames.

Comment

• colorado
                          Fan since '62
                          • Jun 2023
                          • Desert Rat
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Human Boat Anchor?
                          Can they do that???

Comment

Working...