• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Yet another sign that he's not suitable to be a Head Coach. Just stubbornly keep doing what you're doing, even though it hasn't worked for 3 years. Brilliant.
    Staley stubbornly sticking with the same lame D kind of reminds me of Lombo, stubbornly dialing up those short routes and runs up the gut...and we kept getting stuffed most of the time...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Popper addressed that before you tuned in last night, he explained it very well. You should listen and stop this with Daniel Popper silliness, because to go farther with this is clearly in the wrong. I listened to all of it. No need to sensationalize something that didn't happen. Better, have him on your show. Let Popper explain the six words he said; to you, Steven and your audience.
      I was referencing the six words in my lighthearted post.
      I was also referencing what Wil Smith said to Chris Rock,
      right before he slapped him.
      Finally, let me state for the record, wu is not Tyler Schoon.
      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Hey Pop, to avoid banning, refer to him as "Mr. Staley" from now on.
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

No but ive seen Ace Ventura? lol Not familiar with the flick but i know those names. Cant stand Radiohead. lol Never got into them. Prog was vague on my part. I like progressive metal but in this instance i was referring to progressive edm. Melodic....deep...progressive...house. Ben Boehmer....Lane 8....Klur....and all sorts of synthwave. Got really hooked on it during 70s horror. John Carpenter stuff. Tangerine Dream. But im also hardcore Metal like Amon Amarth and Lamb Of God etc. In Flames.
          I bought Tangerine Dream 'Exit' in 1981. Saw the original Metallica, and Iron Maiden in the 80s and moved into shoegazer, dreampop, Shudder To Think, My Bloody Valentine, Explosions In The Sky, and Philip Glass, and Sigur Ros. Seen Radiohead twice.

Buffalo '66. His father is played by Ben Gazzara and his mother by Angelica Huston. Girl is Christina Ricci. Plus Mickey Rourke and Jan Michael Vincent.

images.jpg

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

I bought Tangerine Dream 'Exit' in 1981. Saw the original Metallica, and Iron Maiden in the 80s and moved into shoegazer, dreampop, Shudder To Think, My Bloody Valentine, Explosions In The Sky, and Philip Glass, and Sigur Ros. Seen Radiohead twice.

Buffalo '66. His father is played by Ben Gazzara and his mother by Angelica Huston. Girl is Christina Ricci. Plus Mickey Rourke and Jan Michael Vincent.

images.jpg
            My X wife was such a huge Sigur Ros fan that she went to Canada and ran through the woods naked on shrooms for a week with some other hippy. lol She said one of their videos was her inspiration. I love those metal bands you listed. Seen all of them a few times myself. Metalica in SD 91 might be the best show ive ever been to. 86 U2 at Sports Arena is also up there.

Ill check into that flick. I might have it on a movie site i belong to. Thanks for the heads up on that.

EDIT - Looks like i got it. Ill watch tonight. After this post ill get back on topic. My own mod will get after me. lol

Screen Shot 2023-09-20 at 5.25.14 PM.png

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

You will like, me thinks. Excellent flick.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Popper addressed that before you tuned in last night, he explained it very well. You should listen and stop this with Daniel Popper silliness, because to go farther with this is clearly in the wrong. I listened to all of it. No need to sensationalize something that didn't happen. Better, have him on your show. Let Popper explain the six words he said; to you, Steven and your audience.
                Wu has a show?

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Seems like most of us are now on board with the idea that Staley is in over his head and has no business being the HC of this team. So the most important questions at this point are:

- Will the Span-Asses FINALLY get it right with their next hire? Or are we doomed in having to endure the same bullshit, again, with Staley's successor?
                  - Will Span-Ass jettison his lap dog, Telesco, as well?
                  - Will the next regime break the cycle of losing and bring a new, winning culture and attitude to this tortured franchise?

As hopeful as I am that even the Span-Asses can get out of their own way and do the right thing, I fear the worst. That is, they hire another lap dog to replace Telesco or, worse, simply retain(!) Telesco. And, second, they hire another unproven, cheap HC and we just repeat the losing cycle that started with McCoy and continued with Lynn and Staley.

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

During the nationally televised Chargers-Cowboys game, the cameras might actually spot some bagheads in the stands.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Injured Bolts missing time already: Bosa, Ekeler, Kendricks,....???
                      Really glad none of our starters actually played in any pre season games, otherwise, who knows how many frontline players would be missing????
                      Or maybe because they didn't play any games against live competition, they weren't football ready?
                      Personally think dudes should be revving up in pre season games so they hit the ground running week 1.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Chargers opened with 2 teams that they beat last season in consecutive weeks and lost to both in consecutive weeks. In the same order.
                        See? The Flip! now the losses from last year all flip to wins. Its not an easy process, all this flipping shit.

fall lol GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Staley stubbornly sticking with the same lame D kind of reminds me of Lombo, stubbornly dialing up those short routes and runs up the gut...and we kept getting stuffed most of the time...
                          I don't think he's stubborn. He just doesn't know any other scheme. This is similar to Lombo. Just can't innovate or change on the fly.

Comment

Working...
                          X