• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Skeptic 101 says 'SHOW ME you don't suck.
    Man - we really need the draft (or more FA) - so we can argue about something new . . . . . !

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Skeptic 101 says 'SHOW ME you don't suck.
      Logic 101 says that if you finished 10-7 (during an injury plagued year)... you don't "suck".

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Logic 101 says that if you finished 10-7 (during an injury plagued year)... you don't "suck".
        What does it say if you lose a game after having a 27 point lead? Logic 201.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

The Chargers don't suck, but when you have a QB of this caliber, no playoffs year 1, one and done year 2 means the coaching could be better, and has to be better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

My latest fixation has been on fixing the defensive front, with EDGE depth and IDL skill set being the focus.

The problem is that the people I like will be gone, or they are not exactly what we are looking for, or else they would be an overdraft.

So we have Lukas Van Ness, Calijah Kancey, Nolan Smith, Brian Bresee, Drew Sanders, et al.

I am at a loss as to what Staley is up to, but then again, this is the scheme we will run.

We want some inside pressure, with 1.5 Gappers.

I am guessing the reason Fehoko is gone is because, although he made plays, he was freelancing and not having gap discipline.

The evolution of StaleyD continues.

All this at once continues to be puzzling, but draft someone we will.

...back to the gummies...you figure it out.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Pollyanna 101 is that *no* losses are coaches losses. Another "immutable" fact. It's injuries; it's the other team(s) got lucky; it was a fluke; it's spinning a 27-0 lead into "just a 1-pt loss". LOL!
              Lol, life has many more variables than your mind can comprehend at one time. You guys are single-point failure mode fanatics.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                My latest fixation has been on fixing the defensive front, with EDGE depth and IDL skill set being the focus.

The problem is that the people I like will be gone, or they are not exactly what we are looking for, or else they would be an overdraft.

So we have Lukas Van Ness, Calijah Kancey, Nolan Smith, Brian Bresee, Drew Sanders, et al.

I am at a loss as to what Staley is up to, but then again, this is the scheme we will run.

I am guessing the reason Fehoko is gone is because, although he made plays, he was freelancing and not having gap discipline.

Translation: Staley's defense is at the cell level, the goal is mammal level. He has a long ways to evolve.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good alternative for Sanders if we miss out is Campbell. I like Sanders because he can do two things similar to Parsons. Sanders is just scratching the surface as a really good ILB.

Campbell won't offer edge rushing but he would be a solid pick round 2 IF he is there.

So many directions we can go.

Not Resigning Fehoko was a miss for Telesco imo. Not sure what it is they don't quite like about him to keep holding him back like they have.

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, life has many more variables than your mind can comprehend at one time. You guys are single-point failure mode fanatics.
                    Now you're a sage. Wow, how can SO MUCH be contained on one person! LOL!

It's not ALL about the coaching, this is true. But I'm not one for making excuses about the other team getting lucky (which makes us unlucky, I guess); or the officiating; or the injuries; or a fluke. Nor do I try and spin catastrophic chokes into 1-pt losses. Coaching, IMO, is a big part of why we aren't successful as a team.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                      French Speaking Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Québec city
                      • Send PM

The Hochuli's affair
                      The McCree's foolish mistake
                      The numerous FGs missed in playoff ( NYJ, JAX ... )
                      The very bad PI call in the end zone against LV 2 years ago

It's official, it is the coach's fault

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                        The Hochuli's affair

Right? A good coach wouldn’t miss a FG, thats just fact. What smoke cannot do is separate a tough loss vs a bad team or bad coaching staff. He thinks there is no way you can lose if not for one or both of those to be true. We know better.

Thats why I’m universally recognized as a wise sage. Yes, even by smoke. i have a gift, I only wish I could impart it, I’d find joy in sharing the blessing
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                          The Hochuli affair

So subjective. I'm sure the LV fans wouldn't be so quick to agree. In addition, the officiating tends to equal out. I've said that many times. For each 'bad' call against us, we've benefited by equally 'bad' calls. The ONLY exception to that was the Hochuli blunder; that was an epic fail, and well documented as such. Hell, even Hochuli apologized for that call. Has that ever happened before (or since)?

And, like I said, it's not ALL about the coaching. Or did you just blow past that comment because it didn't help the point you were trying to make?

Comment

Working...
                          X