• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

We need to win more games than last year especially if we stay healthier.If not,time to call Harbaugh.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

If you can tell before the season has even started which teams will be good next year, make some big bets and change your name to Swami.
      You already know who will be good and who won't be.
      AFC - KC, CIN
      NFC - PHI, SF
      Vs the field for next year SB matchup.
      Can any other team get a spot.
      LAC, BUF, JAX, DET, DAL, NO, NYG/J ..21 other teams?

I expect Sean P/Russ to help bring KC back to the pack.

It's a lock.
      Last edited by wu-dai clan; 03-31-2023, 02:14 PM.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

If you can tell before the season has even started which teams will be good next year, make some big bets and change your name to Swami.
        I think they have pretty good idea. Last year it was the Bills, KC, Cincy and the Chargers. They all made the POs. Things do change but we can take
        a swipe at it and come out pretty close. There's always going to be surprises but for the most part the good teams are well known.

Trying to predict which bad teams will rise and which good teams go down is trickier. Didn't think the Rams would fall that much but after losing some
        key guys and then the injuries we pretty much knew they were not the same team. NFC was SF, Dallas, Philly and GB. GB fell out but others made it.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I think they have pretty good idea. Last year it was the Bills, KC, Cincy and the Chargers. They all made the POs. Things do change but we can take
          a swipe at it and come out pretty close. There's always going to be surprises but for the most part the good teams are well known.

Trying to predict which bad teams will rise and which good teams go down is trickier. Didn't think the Rams would fall that much but after losing some
          key guys and then the injuries we pretty much knew they were not the same team.
          NFC was SF, Dallas, Philly and GB. GB fell out but others made it.
          TPB 101 is that all losses are coaches losses. I think they engraved it somewhere, it being such an immutable fact.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
            Moderate Skeptic
            • May 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

TPB 101 is that all losses are coaches losses. I think they engraved it somewhere, it being such an immutable fact.
            I wont blame a coach if he loses his QB1 (even Staley). That's impossible to overcome (long term). If he loses one guy on defense and they completely fall apart then yes - that's on the coach. I expect an NFL coach to be able to mitigate the loss of a 'few' key players, and I expect them to be able to make adjustment on the fly.

If they can't at least do that the what good are they?

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I wont blame a coach if he loses his QB1 (even Staley). That's impossible to overcome (long term). If he loses one guy on defense and they completely fall apart then yes - that's on the coach. I expect an NFL coach to be able to mitigate the loss of a 'few' key players, and I expect them to be able to make adjustment on the fly.

If they can't at least do that the what good are they?
              Pollyanna 101 is that *no* losses are coaches losses. Another "immutable" fact. It's injuries; it's the other team(s) got lucky; it was a fluke; it's spinning a 27-0 lead into "just a 1-pt loss". LOL!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Pollyanna 101 is that *no* losses are coaches losses. Another "immutable" fact. It's injuries; it's the other team(s) got lucky; it was a fluke; it's spinning a 27-0 lead into "just a 1-pt loss". LOL!
                Pessimist 101 says fire the GM and the HC if we don't win most all of the games and if we do, then say it was a weak schedule.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Pessimist 101 says fire the GM and the HC if we don't win most all of the games and if we do, then say it was a weak schedule.
                  Realist 101 says fire the GM and HC if they can't change the losing culture that we've had to endure during the Spanos Era. And hope they finally get it right. Fat chance of that, I know.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Then it's the GMs fault.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      We need to win more games than last year especially if we stay healthier.If not,time to call Harbaugh.
                      3 AFC teams won more than us last year. Time to cut it to zero or join the XFL.

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

3 AFC teams won more than us last year. Time to cut it to zero or join the XFL.
                        Its not really about being roses and sunshine about having a good regular season record last year. what it boils down to is that was one of the most brutal playoff losses in Chargers history last season, and that's saying a lot. The only other PO loss I think comes close to it was when the Norv Turner coached Jet's game was lost on a missed kick. In that game it was Phil Rivers V Mark Sanchez, our record that season I believe was 13-3.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Realist 101 says fire the GM and HC if they can't change the losing culture that we've had to endure during the Spanos Era. And hope they finally get it right. Fat chance of that, I know.
                          Skeptic 101 says 'SHOW ME you don't suck.

Comment

Working...
                          X