• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Hell yes.Better than what we've been subjected to especially the way our team got Historically embarrassed in a one n done after a 4 year drought.
    Bills havent been a perennial playoff team, but never mind that. I’m not historically embarrassed, you shouldn’t be either. We lost by one point, get over it. Bills got their dicks slapped, torn off, and shoved back up their asses as they bent over for 60 long minutes. That was a worse loss, period. Their trophy case is just as empty as ours.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Good point about the time line. I guess its by individual player

Ekeler and Davis - if they extend to create cap space - -makes sense

Somebody mentioned JC Jackson - with his health issues, that could go sideways. Lets see how he returns healthy

Mack and Allen - not at their ages because they are close to the end

Bosa -- tricky one - but I probably would be okay moving money down the road

Somebody mentioned it earlier or another thread
      Release Feiler and Hopkins
      Extend Vato and Ekeler
      REstructure Bosa

For Allen - maybe move a few million, he takes a modest pay cut. Still gets say 15m of cash but his cap number drops by 8m

Chargers should be good cap wise this year
      I don’t see any option that helps the cap regarding JCJ. His cap number is 17M if he’s on the roster - cutting him would be 32M dead cap and no player. No way do i talk about extending a guy who played like shit for 4 or 5 games and then went on IR with a serious injury, we don’t even know if he can play again.

The one thing I don’t konw is what is the NFL rules if a guy has to retire and gets an injury settlement. Any cap relief in those situations?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Exactly. Thats life in the NFL. These are decisions that need to be made from both a short-term and long-term perspective.

ASk a Vikings fan of 20 years - do you want to cut Harrison Smith and Adam Thielen (and I get Smith is more in-line with Allen from years and production). Answer is probably no - but some times these are the decisions

As for Allen - I am not sure whats wrong with saying he is a descending player.He is not better than he was 5 years ago - how as that not a factual statement.
        He isn't worse either is what I'm saying. Not yet, so I'll disagree. Maybe we extend him a year or whatever they do money wise.
        Then after that maybe it's time to move on.

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Bills havent been a perennial playoff team, but never mind that. I’m not historically embarrassed, you shouldn’t be either. We lost by one point, get over it. Bills got their dicks slapped, torn off, and shoved back up their asses as they bent over for 60 long minutes. That was a worse loss, period. Their trophy case is just as empty as ours.
          27-0 and 5-0 turnovers is about as embarrassing as it gets. It's historical, never been done before. Chargering taken to a whole different level.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

27-0 and 5-0 turnovers is about as embarrassing as it gets. It's historical, never been done before. Chargering taken to a whole different level.
            Atlanta's 28 point choke in the Superbowl,.....in front of millions was worse.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He isn't worse either is what I'm saying. Not yet, so I'll disagree. Maybe we extend him a year or whatever they do money wise.
              Then after that maybe it's time to move on.
              He’s different. Still highly productive. Perhaps he is craftier, though he was crafty from the beginning. He doesn’t separate like he did in his peak years and that is just obvious on the tape.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Naw, you’re just being parochial, personal, narcissistic even. What happens to you is more consequential in your mind.

I again posit the fact that having your starters get shit stomped in your own house by a bunch of backup OL scrubs and losing by 17 is worse than losing by 1 on the road on a short week with your key WR, LT and CB out of the game. You just feel Charger losses more, that is understandable here, we are all TPBers.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                  Moderate Skeptic
                  • May 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Winning games will cure those playoff blues. Consider this was the 1st playoff for many guys as well. I think it makes our guys stronger through experience. BUT you are correct. The next level of this pro game is mental. Gonna be interesting because we in this forum are keen to spotting mental weakness from miles away.
                  Maybe because we're so familiar with . . . . . MW :freakout: Speaking for myself only . . . of course

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                    Moderate Skeptic
                    • May 2022
                    • Send PM

Atlanta's 28 point choke in the Superbowl,.....in front of millions was worse.
                    Only because of the platform . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Only because of the platform . . . .
                      Still worse......that and 28 is more than 27. We are in second place here.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Still worse......that and 28 is more than 27. We are in second place here.
                        I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure getting beat by Trevor Lawrence is the same thing as getting beat by the GOAT. It WAS bad though - don't get me wrong. After the game was over I had major sympathy for the Falcons fans - we know how they feel all too well . . . .

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Not sure getting beat by Trevor Lawrence is the same thing as getting beat by the GOAT. It WAS bad though - don't get me wrong. After the game was over I had major sympathy for the Falcons fans - we know how they feel all too well . . . .
                          Atlanta still hasn’t recovered.

Comment

Working...
                          X