• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

In the end, it doesn't matter who you get... if we can't get our run-blocking straightened out.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      RARELY does Charbonnet simply run people over. He's a RB that recognizes the hole and quickly accelerates through. Some of his YAC come from missed tackles by smaller college players. But he's a balanced, strong runner. He'll run through some NFL arm-tacklers, too. I like the way he sets ups blocks or makes tacklers commit to a gap before cutting/slashing the other way. IMO, he plays faster than his timed 40 because of his acceleration and decisiveness.

Is he Bijan...? No.
      Will he be better than Roschon...? I think so. I'm fine with both... and a big proponent of getting a RB in the mid-rounds.

Agree. I only like Rochon more because he adds more than just a RB.
      He has played in the wildcat for Texas though we may never do that, he was a ex QB when he got to Texas throwing for over 7k yards in HS and can be our HB option pass guy, and he is a very good STs player.

He does not have the long speed but he is very quick and had a very good 10 yard split @ 1.52 being 219 lbs.

Either one would be good in the 3rd. I like McBride too but he isnt one for catching out of the backfield, Neither is isreal Abanikanda.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 04-16-2023, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

?? How so? LT is a HOF NFL RB. Bijan will be a rookie with a somewhat remote chance to be equal or better.

There's a difference in style too. LT was more physical on contact, Bijan has more wiggle,change of direction elusivemess.
        I think Johnson will be a special player, not ready for HOF yet.
        Lol, just my guesstimating projection. I think Bijan is the next LT, so your statement must be false to correlate to my fantastic imagination! I honestly think Bijan will be THAT good. He might even be better.

Saying “LT is HOF, Bijan is a rookie” is a flawed logic error to conclude he is not LT - per that standard no rookie is LT simply because he’s a rookie. Ergo LT was not LT. But LT was LT, and the standard is proven false and the opposite is true: Any rookie “could” be LT. Almost all will not be, on that I obviously agree.

But Bijan will be
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree. I only like Rochon more because he adds more than just a RB.
          He has played in the wildcat for Texas though we may never do that, he was a ex QB when he got to Texas throwing for over 7k yards in HS and can be our HB option pass guy, and he is a very good STs player.

He does not have the long speed but he is very quick and had a very good 10 yard split @ 1.52 being 219 lbs.

Either one would be good in the 3rd. I like McBride too but he isnt one for catching out of the backfield, Neither is isreal Abanikanda.
          Draft Roschon, and we don't need to take up a valuable roster spot with a 3rd string QB...keep our 3rd string QB on the protected practice squad though...Roschon is QB insurance...

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Lol, just my guesstimating projection. I think Bijan is the next LT, so your statement must be false to correlate to my fantastic imagination! I honestly think Bijan will be THAT good. He might even be better.

Saying “LT is HOF, Bijan is a rookie” is a flawed logic error to conclude he is not LT - per that standard no rookie is LT simply because he’s a rookie. Ergo LT was not LT. But LT was LT, and the standard is proven false and the opposite is true: Any rookie “could” be LT. Almost all will not be, on that I obviously agree.

But Bijan will be
            We can also say it's flawed to say he is lol.

So yes, no rookie is LT, til he shows he is over time.
            Til then he hasn't played one NFL snap. The draft is about potential.

Time will tell but he isn't as fast as LT but has great vision.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We can also say it's flawed to say he is lol.

So yes, no rookie is LT, til he shows he is over time.
              Til then he hasn't played one NFL snap. The draft is about potential.

Time will tell but he isn't as fast as LT but has great vision.
              Again, still logically false. You can say we don’t know he’s LT but you cannot say he is not LT. You don’t know that. I disproved the logical flaw in one swipe already.

4.46, 4.43 … meh. I don’t trust the margin of error in their time measurement method is < 0.03. He’s fast. But here’s a fun fact: Roschon had the same 10-yard split = 1.52. Tied for 3rd best in the combine with Bijan and Gibbs. 2nd was 1.51.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

In the end, it doesn't matter who you get... if we can't get our run-blocking straightened out.
                Yep - better OL play for the RB to be able to run
                Get better on first down and short yardage to move the chains

Getting stops on 3rd down on defense - been a priority since Pagano was DC

Thats why - even though the team was 10-7 with injuries
                I can see some of those wins becoming losses - happened to the Raiders from 21 to 22
                A lost of close wins in 21 didnt happen in 2022

Need more dominant wins. The TN game for example - that game should have been a wider margin of victory.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Yep - better OL play for the RB to be able to run
                  Get better on first down and short yardage to move the chains

Getting stops on 3rd down on defense - been a priority since Pagano was DC

Thats why - even though the team was 10-7 with injuries
                  I can see some of those wins becoming losses - happened to the Raiders from 21 to 22
                  A lost of close wins in 21 didnt happen in 2022

Need more dominant wins. The TN game for example - that game should have been a wider margin of victory.
                  This is what baffles me. Didn't we draft Slater and Zion in the 1st round? Didn't we sign Linsley, arguably a Top-5 Center? Pipkins, as well, must have shown something for us to re-sign him. And, last year, we had Fieler, who was at least serviceable. That's a lot of investment in the OL...and we STILL can't run block?

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

This is what baffles me. Didn't we draft Slater and Zion in the 1st round? Didn't we sign Linsley, arguably a Top-5 Center? Pipkins, as well, must have shown something for us to re-sign him. And, last year, we had Fieler, who was at least serviceable. That's a lot of investment in the OL...and we STILL can't run block?
                    Slater went to IR early. Zion a rookie playing next to an average RT. Linsley missed some games. Fieler average OG, probably better suited at OT.
                    Then we get to our blocking scheme, which Lombardi was never able to fix. Without injuries to our starters and a new OC our run blocking is slated
                    to improve. Note Sayler to OG where he belongs. Slater returns. Pipkins, hope for improvement and no injury to Linsley, he is key.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Agree but disagree. Yes any RB must first have a OL who can create some holes. BUT - DCs will have to play a RB who can elude single tacklers and take any carry to the house differently than a RB who can’t evade tacklers and plods up the field like a Clydesdale.

We wouldn’t say that LT never made a difference on his own, would we?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Lets hope the OL stays healthy and truly see a solid unit that performs at an above average level.

I mean, we all see a short yardage play and know its going to get stuffed like a John Madden Turducken at thanksgiving

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Lets hope the OL stays healthy and truly see a solid unit that performs at an above average level.

I mean, we all see a short yardage play and know its going to get stuffed like a John Madden Turducken at thanksgiving
                          This is what worries me the most: Injuries. It's like this team has to have a miraculous, injury-free season for a positive outcome to occur. We've had an off-season where we haven't addressed anything to do with depth. We've even lost (or haven't yet pursued) that valuable commodity. And no, I don't think the Draft is going to fill all those holes with quality replacements.

Comment

Working...
                          X