• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm liking the sound of this! https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...brandon-staley
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Boise State was outweighed on both the offensive and defensive lines, but when it came time to play, Boise State was very physical and held their own with their veterans anchoring the team...

"Every time Georgia came with a blitz or a big rush, there was a free receiver ready to dump the ball off to. Some of the credit goes to Kellen Moore, the field general as QB, changing plays on the line to take advantage of changes. "

"Kellen Moore did not try for many long throws, but hit nine different receivers, and seemed to be able to hit them all at will. He finished with 28-of-34 for 261 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception."
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I wouldn't consider this "dirt" but here is Aikman claiming that Moore was set to return to Boise st as head coach only to go back and return to Dallas.
        That Jerry-money is convincing haha

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

This article is from January of 2022 but argues for KM to the Broncos.
          I'm a little confused on when exactly KM was able to start calling plays.
          KM was OC from 19 to 22
          but only called plays the past 2 seasons (21 and 22?)
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

PS Gruden really is a cartoon character. He is just unbelievable
            Gruden is a piece of work, certainly, but I always enjoyed this series he did that featured draft-eligible quarterbacks.

I personally came to understand more about quarterbacking* from Gruden's show than I EVER did by listening to a network broadcaster or studio commentator. Terry Bradshaw?!? Puh-leeze! lol

*(Not that I learned so terribly much, but still...)

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They may well have demanded that Lynn fire Stewart;
              reassigning Stewart to the meaningless position he assumed the final year was the compromise.

I guess we'll never know; however, Lynn is made of sterner stuff than Staley.

I'd like to know what went into the Willhoit firing other than collectively the defense being a disappointment last year.
              So it took three years for them to demand that from Lynn and not before?

Maybe Lynn is made of sterner stuff but Staley also knew to be more aggressive and when to move on from a staff member unlike Lynn.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Moore's QB coach in Dallas.
                lot's of college experience and some pro experience.
                if he doesn't land an OC job, he'll be a logical candidate for qb coach here.

Oregon kid!
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  Herbert = MotherDucker in Charge
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post
                    https://theathletic.com/4148057/2023...e-coordinator/
                    Moore referring to pushing the ball “downfield” should be a welcome sight to Chargers fans. Over Lombardi’s two seasons, Herbert ranked 35th of 38 qualified quarterbacks in air yards per attempt, according to TruMedia. With Herbert’s arm talent, there is no reason he should rank that low. Some of it is Herbert’s propensity to move through his reads quickly and get to his check down. But ultimately it is up to the coaching staff to put Herbert in positions in which he is encouraged to make those types of throws.

A big part of this conversation, too, is personnel. The Chargers need to add more speed at receiver so they can access these areas of the field more consistently and dangerously. Moore spoke rather refreshingly about what speed can do to an offense.

“Speed is always dangerous. We certainly have seen that throughout this league, and when you do have speed, it certainly is a huge advantage,” Moore said. “You hope that you can find a way to create those opportunities still from a schematic standpoint. But speed, you can’t coach. Speed’s very special. Certainly you want some of it. Every guy doesn’t need it. There’s plenty of ways of playing football. But certainly when you do have it, it’s a nice little advantage to be able to utilize.”

It's nice to hear a coach state the obvious without the word salad BS about speed not being that important.
                    If I'll take anything from the first two years of the Lombardi/Staley era is the approach on offense was one of the most bizarre and incompetent things I've seen coaches do with a player in regards to their development in quite awhile.

What they did to Herbert was like taking a young Dan Marino in his second year and instead of giving him a fast guy like Mark Duper, telling him hey, speed isn't that important so we know you can throw deep and have a cannon for an arm but we want you throwing horizontally instead and we're going to surround you with slow players and have you throw at one of the lowest yards per attempt in the entire league.
                    What Moore said was similar word salad as Staley. Funny enough.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                      I have been holding off on saying this, but....

Garrett definitely ran an offense based upon Air Coryell principles and route trees. Do you know where he learned it from? Norv Turner. That's right. Norv was an Air Coryell guy through and through. So Norv lives on here at our team!

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        BetterToday ThanYesterday
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                        https://milehighsports.com/could-kel...n-begging-for/

This article is from January of 2022 but argues for KM to the Broncos.
                        I'm a little confused on when exactly KM was able to start calling plays.
                        KM was OC from 19 to 22
                        but only called plays the past 2 seasons (21 and 22?)
                        As I recall it, McCarthy did not call plays in Dallas. They made a big deal of it when he was hired. He was giving up play calling and stepping away from what he did in Green Bay. So that would indicate that Moore called the plays the entire time he was the OC in Dallas. McCarthy may have meddled, etc, but he did not call the plays.

TG
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

As I recall it, McCarthy did not call plays in Dallas. They made a big deal of it when he was hired. He was giving up play calling and stepping away from what he did in Green Bay. So that would indicate that Moore called the plays the entire time he was the OC in Dallas. McCarthy may have meddled, etc, but he did not call the plays.

TG
                          Copy. That makes sense.
                          So KM has had 3 years of experience calling plays.
                          Better than just 2, I'll take it.
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X