• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I hit up Youtube and did some weekend homework to find the elusive answer to the one question UW fans are asking. What is the identity of Chris Petersen's system?

In the link above, you'll learn a bit about Chris Petersen's offense (Moore's HC at Boise state) and come across this theme of plays>system.

Imho, here is where Moore's playcalling roots are from.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Copy. That makes sense.
      So KM has had 3 years of experience calling plays.
      Better than just 2, I'll take it.
      I’m pretty sure he called plays for four years. Garrett never did.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2015/9/7...-expained-2015

In the link above, you'll learn a bit about Chris Petersen's offense (Moore's HC at Boise state) and come across this theme of plays>system.

Imho, here is where Moore's playcalling roots are from.
        That’s interesting, I’m not sure I agree with it but interesting…

the whole reason to have a ‘system’ is to be unpredictable, if you have lineups that are completely unique to the plays then everyone knows what’s coming, the trick is to run plays from looks that don’t give the play away, I think that becomes harder to do without a system…but I’m no coach so WTF do I know…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

the whole reason to have a ‘system’ is to be unpredictable, if you have lineups that are completely unique to the plays then everyone knows what’s coming, the trick is to run plays from looks that don’t give the play away, I think that becomes harder to do without a system…but I’m no coach so WTF do I know…
          Ya I'm a little scared myself.
          either he's a genius, or every other OC in the league is right about the importance of having a system.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

It's actually the opposite. When you are married to a system the opposing coaches will eventually figure out what you're doing. Whether they can stop it or not is a different
            matter. BB was great at this. He had every team's playbook. Kept a library actually. At any rate any system comes down to one thing: Execution.

In fact this was exactly what went wrong with Lombo. He stuck to a system even after we had major injury issues. He could not or didn't know how to implement a
            different system that matched our personnel.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

It's actually the opposite. When you are married to a system the opposing coaches will eventually figure out what you're doing. Whether they can stop it or not is a different
              matter. BB was great at this. He had every team's playbook. Kept a library actually. At any rate any system comes down to one thing: Execution.

In fact this was exactly what went wrong with Lombo. He stuck to a system even after we had major injury issues. He could not or didn't know how to implement a
              different system that matched our personnel.
              Love the post and I hope you are right because ATM moore’s hiring is the only positive I have to take into 2023…

I wish I wasn’t but I’m convinced Staley is not an NFL caliber HC, 35 games in and I’ve seen enough already, so at the very least if Moore clicks with herbert, we should have our ‘HC in waiting’ available going forward…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Ya I'm a little scared myself.
                either he's a genius, or every other OC in the league is right about the importance of having a system.
                systems give teams an identity, maybe the identity of the chargers will be that they can shape shift and adapt? IDK, but I’m keeping an open mind, it’s hard to imagine that it could be worse than lombo, if felt like lombo’s system put a huge handicap on herbert…hopefully under moore, herbert will be allowed to run the offense (whatever it is) on the field as he’s earned that right IMO…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

I always said about Lombardi, if you can’t trust a QB like justin herbert, who the fuck would that man trust?

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

100%
                    No, Kelce proves it’s not 100% speed.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Love the post and I hope you are right because ATM moore’s hiring is the only positive I have to take into 2023…

I wish I wasn’t but I’m convinced Staley is not an NFL caliber HC, 35 games in and I’ve seen enough already, so at the very least if Moore clicks with herbert, we should have our ‘HC in waiting’ available going forward…
                      Are u suggesting if Staley makes some key blown calls that lose us games and either keep us out of the playoffs, or result in another one-and-done playoff game, that the Bolts might fire him? And then hire Moore? Hmmm...

jafar the idea has merit.jpg

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Are u suggesting if Staley makes some key blown calls that lose us games and either keep us out of the playoffs, or result in another one-and-done playoff game, that the Bolts might fire him? And then hire Moore? Hmmm...

jafar the idea has merit.jpg
                        it wasn’t my theory but I ran with it when 21&500 posted it…and why not, he’s been a hot HC candidate already interviewed for multiple jobs etc…

it makes sense to me but was called a conspiracy theorist for even mentioning it…

Comment

• rensoul
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2023
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

No, Kelce proves it’s not 100% speed.
                          Kelce has played on teams when there is almost always a lot of speed on the field. Tyreek Hill, Hardman, Toney, MVS even their rookie Moore who is probably slower than the other guys I listed is in the 4.4 range.

It's not by accident, it helps loosen up the underneath coverage and create space, in KC's case room for Juju and Kelce.

A good WR room has different skill sets complementing one another. It's ok to have 1 or 2 slower players with good technical skills that are possession types but if there isn't enough speed within the group then defenses can clamp down and contain the offense pretty easily.

Comment

Working...
                          X