• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    As an FYI, in addition to Moore, the cowboys also let the following coaches go:

Rob Davis (Assistant Head Coach)
    George Edwards (Senior Defensive Assistant)
    Leon Lett (Assistant Defensive Line)
    Skip Peete (Running Backs)
    Joe Philbin (Offensive Line)
    Kyle Valero (Quality Control Analytics)

McCarthy cleaning house.
    Gee, I wonder if he’s worried…also new scapegoats for next season lol.

Comment

• Riverwalk
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2021
      • Send PM

Moore could replace Staley as HC if Staley continues to make bonehead decisions.

The trouble is Staley benefits if Moore is successful. Staley might end up riding Moores coattails.

One thing certain. Moore is a huge upgrade from Lombardi.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

As long as he is better than Lombardi I'm good with that.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
          Moore could replace Staley as HC if Staley continues to make bonehead decisions.

The trouble is Staley benefits if Moore is successful. Staley might end up riding Moores coattails.

One thing certain. Moore is a huge upgrade from Lombardi.
          I was wondering when someone would post this. As fans we can just hope Moore is the upgrade we expect him to be, Staley's 3rd year in the defense (finally) shows the improvement needed and the team lives up to the roster hype. I actually think it could happen, but that is the optimist in me!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I was wondering when someone would post this. As fans we can just hope Moore is the upgrade we expect him to be, Staley's 3rd year in the defense (finally) shows the improvement needed and the team lives up to the roster hype. I actually think it could happen, but that is the optimist in me!
            If they can feed each other ala the first 29 minutes of the Jags game..

Comment

• SAY OW 55
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2023
              • Send PM

Well here are the facts. A couple of seasons ago. kellen Moore was viewed as the hottest head coaching candidate. He was supposed to be that next Sean Payton. He was supposed to be that next Sean Mcvay.

people thought he was just angling for the job when Garrett got fired. He I think he actually turned down jobs. Had a couple of head coaching jobs and stayed with Jerry. Maybe as a coach in waiting. Jerry hired Mccarthey. Cause he’s comfortable with him and reminds him of Jerry Jr. Stephen.

so we may be getting a star. Like you are getting your head coach at a offensive coordinator rate. You know the Spanos like that.

this can also be the replacement for Stayley. Maybe they just want to get him in the building now. You got a young coach who can grow with Herbert.

Payton Brees Mcvay Stafford

and Payton came from the Dallas Cowboys. Famous former Dallas Cowboys offensive coordinator assistant.

what I like you actually got a guy who knows what the fuck he’s talking about. Not a running back not a offensive line coach a Quarterback who speaks that terminology. Herbert needs that.

two guys who are smart I like that. Words we thought we would never hear this off season. A smart hire by the Spanos.

Stayley do your defense. And Moore you can do all your offense and have the control.

what I like about this now you can go head to head with smart offensive minds in the division Andy Reid Josh Mcdaniels.

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Tijuana
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

If they can feed each other ala the first 29 minutes of the Jags game..
                Which game are you talking about? there was no game, it was erased from existence, period.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

This!
                  Attached Files
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

I notice he works from the sideline instead of being up in the box.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Dallas was the #1 second half scoring offense in the NFL in 2022. Get it?

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

In his 4 seasons combined as OC for Cowboys, only the Chiefs scored more points and had more yards.

Staley talked about a better marriage of pass and run.

Kellen Moore Cowboys rushed for over 2000yds in 3 of his 4 seasons as OC.

Last time a Chargers team rush for over 2000yds was 2007 when Kellen Moore was 18 years old.
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X