• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think it's a great hire but think by game 4 we will have a Fire Moore thread if one hasn't been started already.
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Heatmiser
      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

It is already started somewhere....

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Here’s another King Checkdown stat.

That is good to know, maybe with a much better QB like Herbert, Moore can elevate Herbert and our current stagnant boring offense.....

Comment

• charger1_sj
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I hope so too... but Dallas fired him for some reasaon????
          He wasn't fired. Apparently Moore wanted out. Perhaps he didn't get along with McCarthy. When Jones announced he was keeping
          McCarthy it must have pissed off Moore. He may have thought he was in line for the HC position in Dallas. I would have fired McCarthy
          and kept Moore as my HC. J. Jones has lost it. He should step aside and hire a real GM to run the club.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
            Any chance cooper rush follows moore to LAC…it would be nice to have an actual back up QB for a fucking change!
            Stands to reason that if Kellen can coach up Cooper Rush, Chargers can draft a QB and coach him up and replace Chase Daniel's salary/production more than adequately.

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Geezbolt View Post

They're not calling it a firing. "“The club and Moore came to what is described as a mutual decision to part ways, and teams around the NFL searching for a coordinator are aware of Moore’s status,” per the report from DallasNews." Mike McCarthy will be calling the plays next season and some think Moore did not agree to stay if he would not be calling the plays. McCarthy knows he's out next year if he doesn't get the 'Boys deep into the playoffs. It's understandable for an HC with an offensive background to want to call his own plays if his job is on the line.
              ok.... that makes sense....

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Still waiting for the 'official' announcement from the Chargers.

Comment

• nomad1946
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2017
                  • West Yellowstone, Montana
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Still waiting for the 'official' announcement from the Chargers.
                  You mean like here?

The Chargers have agreed to terms with the former Dallas offensive coordinator, who will work with quarterback Justin Herbert and the offense

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by nomad1946 View Post

You mean like here?

The Chargers have agreed to terms with the former Dallas offensive coordinator, who will work with quarterback Justin Herbert and the offense

Ha! Just needed to do a refresh.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I hope so too... but Dallas fired him for some reasaon????
                      No doubt. Their reason may be why we love him. The biggest plus for LAC is an experienced playcaller that Staley & Herbert want to work with is in place. There's a lot of work to be done. Moore may want to make some changes in his staff and will need input on FA & draft. Rock & roll OC Moore!

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

My 1 day a week I can sleep in...
                        wake up to this news, my initially reaction is:
                        This was a Spanos hiring, and not a Staley hiring.
                        I don't know much about KM but am glaf Herbert has his QB expert in-house.
                        Was hoping to interview staff from these last 4 teams but I like the floor. He's a professional OC with potential as HC.
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• SK21209
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2020
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

The Cowboys have ranked well offensively since Moore has been there, but there has been some criticism in the last year or two that the Cowboys' offense had gotten unimaginative, stale and relied too much on Prescott being excellent every single play. That sounds worryingly familiar to Chargers fans. The question with Moore is whether that has more to do with him or McCarthy becoming HC in 2021. I tend to think its the latter, because those are the same issues that developed with the McCarthy's Packers teams near the end of his tenure them. Over reliance on Adams and Rodgers to be individually spectacular and no real plan for the rest of the offense. It's very rare for an OC to completely take the reigns of the offense when he's working under an offensive-minded HC, off the top of my head I can't really think of an example.

I like the hire. I think Moore came in when Garrett was still the HC, was given pretty wide latitude over the offense given Garrett's failures, improved their offense immediately and then had to cede back some control when McCarthy became the new HC. Its tempting to want to just throw out the entire offensive system and start from scratch given how frustrating Lombari was this year, but you don't want your young QB to have to re-learn everything. I think Moore's scheme will have some similarities, but he'll be an improvement in terms of setting up bigger plays downfield and being more creative in the run game. That sounds good to me. The Cowboys leaned heavily on their TEs while Moore was their OC, I wonder if that makes an early TE draft selection more likely.

Comment

Working...
                          X