• chargeroo
      Fan since 1961
      • Jan 2019
      • Oregon
      • Retired Manager/Pastor
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would rank RB and CB below WR, TE and Edge
      It's all in who's doing the ranking and what's available. Some think a fast WR is a big need. I think we have our top three so even if we manage to draft a fast WR, he'll be a part-time player. Unless Bosa or Mack are let go, the same is true for Edge.

So you could argue that a CB would step in to replace Callahan and will see the field a lot. Judging it that way, the CB is the bigger need. I think if we had the same players on draft day as we have right now, I could make a case for nabbing one of the TE's in this draft. It's all in how you look at it.
      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I truly hope though that Telesco thinks the WR room is far from a finished product with KA, MW and Palmer. He still needs to be a pretty high draft pick on a WR with a different skill set (speed) than the current three
        I dunno Bolt....

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

17 might be asking a bit - will be good with 14 or 15 games from Allen

Still going to say it - WR with speed is still the biggest need on the roster (assuming Bosa and Mack are both back as well) - which means Telesco is going to trade up for Bijan - same deal he gave for Melvin gordon..
          I agree with that. I think we will still draft a WR. What type IDK. I'd be OK with Flowers, Mims or Tillman. There are others later but those guys I think are just development types.

The YouTube of Tre Tucker Boltnut posted reminds me of a bit smaller DeAndre Carter. He is fast but other than that he was meh.

The Princeton kid is a development project type.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-01-2023, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I dunno Bolt....

After watching last year -- I am sure Moore will help with scheme and what not. But Palmer, Williams and Allen do not have the abilities of other WRs with the ball in their hands after the catch or to get downfield, to stretch the defense and give the DBs something to think about.

Give Herbert a chance with his offense to grow - and for me - thats a WR who can make explosive plays

I get RB is also a need - but maybe I don't know what they have in Spiller. I pretty much can see what they have with the three WRs at this point.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

After watching last year -- I am sure Moore will help with scheme and what not. But Palmer, Williams and Allen do not have the abilities of other WRs with the ball in their hands after the catch or to get downfield, to stretch the defense and give the DBs something to think about.

Give Herbert a chance with his offense to grow - and for me - thats a WR who can make explosive plays

I get RB is also a need - but maybe I don't know what they have in Spiller. I pretty much can see what they have with the three WRs at this point.
              Staley specifically mentioned that he wants more guys that can make explosive plays.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley specifically mentioned that he wants more guys that can make explosive plays.
                Sure - at TE, WR, RB…all of it.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah TT needs to draft more playmakers that can stay healthy.Our 3 WR trifecta ain't shit if their hardly ever on the field together.Grab Addison,Johnston,Flowers in the 1st or Dell in the 2nd and Kincaid or Mayer 1st.I personally want Bijon in the 1st but don't see that happening.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                    Yeah TT needs to draft more playmakers that can stay healthy.Our 3 WR trifecta ain't shit if their hardly ever on the field together.Grab Addison,Johnston,Flowers in the 1st or Dell in the 2nd and Kincaid or Mayer 1st.I personally want Bijon in the 1st but don't see that happening.
                    You say draft guys that can stay healthy,...but that's really an unknown. You never know how that will go. Then you want him to draft a 163lb WR.

IDK, I just think his chances of staying healthy won't be good.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Yes, I was mocking Telesco. When conventional wisdom seems to be the chargers need TE, Edge and WR - he will probably go a different path and take CB and RB
                      TT is going to go with what Staley wants and what he thinks. Unless you think John boy is the one who pulls the strings.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You say draft guys that can stay healthy,...but that's really an unknown. You never know how that will go. Then you want him to draft a 163lb WR.

IDK, I just think his chances of staying healthy won't be good.
                        Yeah Dell is light probably how he moves like he does.He won't last past the 2nd rd I think.Dude is Definitely a playmaker.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Sure - at TE, WR, RB…all of it.
                          "Explosive plays" could be any position.
                          PBs need to know what LAC starters who are FAs are re-signed before we can accurately judge "need".

I like the idea of giving Moore / Herbert a BPA that will have an impact on O in 2023 & playoffs.
                          I could see a RT. Locking down the edges, throwing Crosby (and other rushers) on their back would provide some explosions.
                          Last edited by sonorajim; 03-02-2023, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X