• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

"Not going to happen" Says the GM who has been here 10 years and has only experienced 2 playoff wins with franchise QB's throwing the rock! In the same time span the KC Chiefs have won 12 Playoff games and 2 superbowls.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      The only thing I got out of this was that it will take a pick earlier in the round NE was offering a pick in to pry Slayer away from us.

"It'll never happen." --that's the quote.

All else is inference.

What all will we do to be cap compliant ????
      If I thought it would help... I'd post it for the 4th or 5th time.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
        French Speaking Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Québec city
        • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
        "Not going to happen" Says the GM who has been here 10 years and has only experienced 2 playoff wins with franchise QB's throwing the rock! In the same time span the KC Chiefs have won 12 Playoff games and 2 superbowls.
        I think you have to speak with someone in Detroit or Chicago !

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Well one of you are lol.
          But seriously, maybe TT has a bigger plan than you do. Maybe TT sees Keenan being able to play well past 31. Many recievers have.
          Who knows what their plan is but I'm sure if they plan to move on from him after this season after he puts up good numbers, no reason he still can't get a day 2 pick in the next draft.

There are many teams and other fans who would love to have Keenan Allen. We never seem to appreciate what we have.
          When Keenan is no longer up to par, yes I'll be one to say he needs to be replaced. That day isn't here yet.
          People are overthinking this. TT said in his end of year presser he'd rather have players than cap space and once again shot down the notion of trading Allen. He isn't going anywhere.

Look at Allen's contract, along with Bosa, Mack and Williams. We can move on from all of them next year and free up around $90 million in cap space. I am guessing a couple get restructured to lower our cap situation this year, but it all is set up for when we have to pay Herbert. Holding on to Allen when he'll only be 31 next year is a no-brainer. We need to add speed to complement him and eventually replace him.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Don't be shocked if we double dip at edge this draft.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Scotty Boy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2017
              • Send PM

I think most are missing the specific issue with Slayer: while he’s still a productive player (although to varying opinions), he makes too much money. It’s all about VALUE.

The NFL’s salary cap has dictated value take center stage for all teams….

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

People are overthinking this. TT said in his end of year presser he'd rather have players than cap space and once again shot down the notion of trading Allen. He isn't going anywhere.

Look at Allen's contract, along with Bosa, Mack and Williams. We can move on from all of them next year and free up around $90 million in cap space. I am guessing a couple get restructured to lower our cap situation this year, but it all is set up for when we have to pay Herbert. Holding on to Allen when he'll only be 31 next year is a no-brainer. We need to add speed to complement him and eventually replace him.
                He said that three days after the end of the season. He also said he hadn't looked at the cap as that was Maguire's job. He was too busy. Also the quote about the Patriots was taken out of context - he hasbn't had conversations with the patriots

And the part about cap space is also a fallacy - you need cap space to operate in the NFL.

the one point you make about getting 90m of cap space -- if you keep all four players this year - that figure will be a lot less because you pushed so much cap into the future

Of the four players mentioned, without pushing a lot of cap forward, Keenan Allen is the most logical player to either release or ask to take a team friendly pay cut.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Scotty Boy View Post
                  I think most are missing the specific issue with Slayer: while he’s still a productive player (although to varying opinions), he makes too much money. It’s all about VALUE.

The NFL’s salary cap has dictated value take center stage for all teams….
                  Exactly. The Chargers would not be releasing Keenan Allen in his prime year.

Aaron Rodgers is brought up as a franchise QB. Is he truly still a franchise QB or just a very good Qb

Comment

• SK21209
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2020
                    • San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If he turned down a day 2 pick for Allen that guy is a complete and utter dipsh*t and is clueless as a General Manager
                    My preference has been to keep Keenan, but shit if the Patriots offered their second rounder (pick #46) for Keenan I think you have to take that. That would be a pretty reckless trade from Belichick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

My preference has been to keep Keenan, but shit if the Patriots offered their second rounder (pick #46) for Keenan I think you have to take that. That would be a pretty reckless trade from Belichick.
                      To be honest I haven't heard that rumor.
                      But I did read this from Telesco, so maybe shut down the cut or trade Keenan talk.

“Keenan Allen, to me, he’s our Andre Reed. He’s our Charlie Joiner,” Telesco said on NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football.” “He’s an incredible football player. We have a great quarterback and we need weapons around him. There’s never been any thought of that.”

The Chargers were roughly $20 million over the salary cap at the start of this week’s NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and trading or cutting Allen would free up north of $14.8 million in cap space. Telesco, however, said that’s not in LA’s plans.

“He’s with us,” Telesco said, “and between him and Mike Williams and Josh Palmer, we think that’s a great three receivers for our quarterback

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

But I did read this from Telesco, so maybe shut down the cut or trade Keenan talk.

“Keenan Allen, to me, he’s our Andre Reed. He’s our Charlie Joiner,” Telesco said on NFL Network’s “Good Morning Football.” “He’s an incredible football player. We have a great quarterback and we need weapons around him. There’s never been any thought of that.”

The Chargers were roughly $20 million over the salary cap at the start of this week’s NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis, and trading or cutting Allen would free up north of $14.8 million in cap space. Telesco, however, said that’s not in LA’s plans.

“He’s with us,” Telesco said, “and between him and Mike Williams and Josh Palmer, we think that’s a great three receivers for our quarterback

going to be very interesting how the chargers move the money

maybe they follow BoltNuts advice and restructure Williams and Bosa -

I truly hope though that Telesco thinks the WR room is far from a finished product with KA, MW and Palmer. He still needs to be a pretty high draft pick on a WR with a different skill set (speed) than the current three

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

If not KA then somebody else with a big paycheck will be traded...or possibly cut.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X