• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I've seen that too. I think some reporter asked him about them playing together but I'm guessing.
    I mentioned trading him months ago but I'm kinda torn since he had his groin fixed.. but if we can get 2 good picks for him, especially one being a first rounder, I think id do it and use one of them to draft an edge.

He misses games every year.
    I would be willing to take a 2023 3rd for Bosa and a cond'l 2024 pick if teams want to see how he holds up. But the 2024 would have to be at worst a 2nd rounder

Comment

• rensoul
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2023
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
      So it looks like the Chargers pushed almost 9m of cap on Allen and about 5.5m of cap on Williams

So next year Allen was going to have a salary of like 22m with 2.7 dead
      Now if released - he will have 11m of dead cap space

And his cap number will be $34m next - almost surely to be released - makes no sense to push cap for Allen
      zero sense
      After the Chargers did these re-structures, if they don't find a way to add speed to the WR room somewhere in rounds 1-3 to round out the group then it's the definition of insanity at work.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

After the Chargers did these re-structures, if they don't find a way to add speed to the WR room somewhere in rounds 1-3 to round out the group then it's the definition of insanity at work.
        Exactly right. Like I said, my concern is that Telesco is comfortable with the WR room and trades up for Bijan or Mayer and doesn;'t do anything to improve the WR roomn except Guyton. When I think they need Guyton and another faster WR.

I will say -- the people I follow on Twitter for cap related stuff - think the move to push cap out on Allen was dubious and short sighted

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Exactly right. Like I said, my concern is that Telesco is comfortable with the WR room and trades up for Bijan or Mayer and doesn;'t do anything to improve the WR roomn except Guyton. When I think they need Guyton and another faster WR.

I will say -- the people I follow on Twitter for cap related stuff - think the move to push cap out on Allen was dubious and short sighted
          TE & EDGE are far greater needs in RD 1 then WR is currently. You are correct the Chargers need to draft a WR but I think they can wait until RD 3 to address that need

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

So it looks like the Chargers pushed almost 9m of cap on Allen and about 5.5m of cap on Williams

So next year Allen was going to have a salary of like 22m with 2.7 dead
            Now if released - he will have 11m of dead cap space

And his cap number will be $34m next - almost surely to be released - makes no sense to push cap for Allen
            zero sense
            I’m not sure what this means? They just pushed part of their salary to next year? Not an extension?

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Yes. This is the way.
              Hopkins and Feiler cuts can clear another 8mil.
              I would expect JC Jackson to be cut next off season when it's a 5mil dead hit and 14mil saved. At his age getting back to form after that type of injury is unlikely for JC. Moving on from Jackson next off-season makes the restructuring of Allen and Williams manageable.

Joey Bosa.
              Trade before June is 17mil saved with 14mil dead.And get a pick for 2023 draft.
              Or
              Trade after June is 24mil saved with 7mil dead. And get a pick for 2024 draft.

Extending Mack can open up 17mil.

They have options and future cap space and enough out on player contracts that they won't get in cap hell by making these contractual moves.

I hope they have planned to offer JH10 12y/500mil 250guarateed next off season. Of all the players and contracts. They better not mess around and end up in a JH10 holdout and franchise tag him situation.
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Yes. This is the way.
                I would expect JC Jackson to be cut next off season when it's a 5mil dead hit and 14mil saved. At his age getting back to form after that type of injury is unlikely for JC. Moving on from Jackson next off-season makes the restructuring of Allen and Williams manageable.

Joey Bosa.
                Or

They have options and future cap space and enough out on player contracts that they won't get in cap hell by making these contractual moves.

I hope they have planned to offer JH10 12y/500mil 250guarateed next off season. Of all the players and contracts. They better not mess around and end up in a JH10 holdout and franchise tag him situation.
                JC Jackson would be 15m of dead cap space if released next spring - not 5. Cap savings would be just over 4m

Trading Bosa with a post June 1 - makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  Yes. This is the way.

Joey Bosa.
                  Or

This is insane and I would trade even JH at that guarantee....
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by rensoul View Post

They gave Staley practically whatever he wanted this past off-season, Day, Johnson, Mack, JCJ, Reeder, Van Noy, Callahan, Fox. That's only possible with a ton of cap room with a Qb on a rookie deal for 1-2 years max. I don't see personnel is the main issue.

Belichick throughout his career has adapted to his personnel. His defense doesn't stay stagnant, he figures out what his players do best and adapts game plans week to week that can look drastically different depending on who the opponent is. That's his trademark. I don't know what Staley's trademark is at this point.

It's a poor imitation of Fangio's scheme. It's a video game arcade version of let's ignore LB's and focus on DB's and running light boxes and give up the run to try to contain the pass. Which completely disregards what football is at a fundamental level, that it is a physical game of imposing their will on another team.

If he wants to copy Fangio then get it right, when Fangio's defense was run best in the last 20 years he had Willis, Bowman, Trevathan, and R. Smith.
                    Yeah I actually kinda agree with you here. I think Staley is really smart and I think he has a great grasp on his X's and O's but I'm not sure he has enough experience in the league to have a hard theme for what he wants at every position. When built properly the defense synergizes into a whole greater than their parts. One thing about Belichik is he never has had a small front 7. The grading system they use emphasizes size and length. Belichik always has big linebackers. Think of guys like Jamie Collins and how they do well under Belichik and struggle elsewhere. I think the main problem with our defense is the linebacker play has been really really poor, largely due to being undersized. They were better the last few games last season though.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This is insane and I would trade even JH at that guarantee....
                      If you would trade Herbert - the franchise just might as well fold up shop and cease to exist

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

If you would trade Herbert - the franchise just might as well fold up shop and cease to exist
                        Not really. Get another teams 1,2,3 for the next 3 seasons and I would trade anyone for that.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Yeah I actually kinda agree with you here. I think Staley is really smart and I think he has a great grasp on his X's and O's but I'm not sure he has enough experience in the league to have a hard theme for what he wants at every position. When built properly the defense synergizes into a whole greater than their parts. One thing about Belichik is he never has had a small front 7. The grading system they use emphasizes size and length. Belichik always has big linebackers. Think of guys like Jamie Collins and how they do well under Belichik and struggle elsewhere. I think the main problem with our defense is the linebacker play has been really really poor, largely due to being undersized. They were better the last few games last season though.
                          I think the main problem is Staley and Telesco are not on the same page in terms of player evaluation. And if they are ont he same page - they need to find a new book as they suck at it

Comment

Working...
                          X