• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Not really. Get another teams 1,2,3 for the next 3 seasons and I would trade anyone for that.
    Justin Herbert is not walking through that door again. You might get some picks - but if you draft a Daniel Jones or Sam Dalton (good prospect, average pro) - you are nowhere not as good

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Justin Herbert is not walking through that door again. You might get some picks - but if you draft a Daniel Jones or Sam Dalton (good prospect, average pro) - you are nowhere not as good
      I'm mstly complaining about silly guarantees. $150 million should be sufficient for anyone and requiring $250 mil could put your team in the doghouse for a half decade if something goes wrong.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

I'm mstly complaining about silly guarantees. $150 million should be sufficient for anyone and requiring $250 mil could put your team in the doghouse for a half decade if something goes wrong.
        If there is one player I would give a guarantee for it - its a franchise QB
        I think Herbert is a franchise QB

And its why - beating the dead horse - why I thought some of the moves they would make this season would be for not only 2023 but 2024-2027
        Telesco knows his backside is on the hot seat, so what does he care

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If there is one player I would give a guarantee for it - its a franchise QB
          I think Herbert is a franchise QB

And its why - beating the dead horse - why I thought some of the moves they would make this season would be for not only 2023 but 2024-2027
          Telesco knows his backside is on the hot seat, so what does he care
          We can dick with Herbert for at least 4 more years without even doing a silly guarantee. The next two years are part of his initial contract...year 3 and 4 you simply franchise tag or trade away. After the next two seasons half of our star players might not even be on our team anymore. Things change. Herbert can become injury prone Like Luck or Bosa...

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

We can dick with Herbert for at least 4 more years without even doing a silly guarantee. The next two years are part of his initial contract...year 3 and 4 you simply franchise tag or trade away. After the next two seasons half of our star players might not even be on our team anymore. Things change. Herbert can become injury prone Like Luck or Bosa...
            We're not going to trade him away. Next year is his final year of his initial contract, we can pick up an 5th year option for the following year for $29M. That's not going to make him happy. Franchising him for the next couple years after that as you advocate will cost us over $100M. So that's at least $130M, then he's gone. Franchise QBs do not grow on trees. So that'ss obviously a bad plan. The most likely outcome is a 10 years contract with over $150M guaranteed. How much over is going to depend on a lot of factors. Probably will not be $250M,but could easily reach $200M and possibly beyond that. .

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

We're not going to trade him away. Next year is his final year of his initial contract, we can pick up an 5th year option for the following year for $29M. That's not going to make him happy. Franchising him for the next couple years after that as you advocate will cost us over $100M. So that's at least $130M, then he's gone. Franchise QBs do not grow on trees. So that'ss obviously a bad plan. The most likely outcome is a 10 years contract with over $150M guaranteed. How much over is going to depend on a lot of factors. Probably will not be $250M,but could easily reach $200M and possibly beyond that. .
              I'm OK with a $150 mil guarantee...no problems there but Critty keeps on mentioning $250 mil which scares the Bleep out of me and it nots because Herbert doesn't have the talent.

Comment

• AL9000
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • San Diego, CA
                • Send PM

I'm OK with a $150 mil guarantee...no problems there but Critty keeps on mentioning $250 mil which scares the Bleep out of me and it nots because Herbert doesn't have the talent.
                Don't worry, Lamar Jackson is about to screw up the whole $250 mil guaranteed idea that Watson and the Browns started. We'll get Justin for $100-$150 mil guaranteed.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

A 10 year contract in 2 yrs will be closer to $500M than $400M, $150M guaranteed probably doesnt cut it. I expect >50% guarantee is the floor.

But sign him long term, 100% agree with that.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

A 10 year contract in 2 yrs will be closer to $500M than $400M, $150M guaranteed probably doesnt cut it. I expect >50% guarantee is the floor.

He's the franchise. After him its Slater. Maybe after Slater is probably Linsley but he is getting older. James is up there. Mack might be 5th

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

10 years? why do you need that? 6 year extension is plenty and if we have a 2 year (at $55 mil per year) add on option for 8 total years that good enough for me. Even better just pay him 20% of total team cap and he gets his annual raise. Fantasy Football...hell... we have Charger Fantasy Guaranteed contract.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

12y/500m is 41.6m per year.
                        Team friendly number for a QB of his caliber.

41.6m x 5y = 208m (+ 42m sign bonus.) All 250guarteed paid in 1st 5 seasons of a 12year deal.

If he will do it for less guaranteed, okay.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

12y/500m is 41.6m per year.
                          Team friendly number for a QB of his caliber.

41.6m x 5y = 208m (+ 42m sign bonus.) All 250guarteed paid in 1st 5 seasons of a 12year deal.

If he will do it for less guaranteed, okay.
                          I think he is going to get an AAV of closer to 50 than 40

Comment

Working...
                          X