• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Damn! No love for “The Human Cannonball” Mathews.
    His full speed suicidal head on runs into the line. Bonk!
    Then fumble . . . . . .

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Then fumble . . . . . .
      ...then ANOTHER injury...

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
        Moderate Skeptic
        • May 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

...then ANOTHER injury...
        Ah yes - forgot about that. Probably his collarbone (again). Guy played hard - no doubt. Probably a lot of secondary guys not unhappy to see him retire. I hope Ryan saved his money . . . . .

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Perhaps,

but you spectacularly failed to take notice of my point,
          which is that it is a business,
          and that Ekeler is preceding with that in mind by applying public pressure to the organization.
          If the Chargers don't budge, he loses absolutely nothing by doing it.
          I'm sure his team mates aren't butt hurt about the stare down.

It is your opinion that he is doing something crappy;
          and yet you fail to explain how what he is doing is crappy.

Did he lie? Is he bargaining in bad faith? Are his demands outlandish?
          Characterizing his behavior as whining is an opinion on your part; one I do not agree with.
          I’ve explained my take and why I think what he’s doing is a very bad sign many times, I won’t repeat it but feel free to look back and see the clearly obvious issues with him doing something that is not productive nor is it a good sign for what could happen to that relationship in the coming months.

but you’re right at this point all we have to go by is he is very very very unhappy and he’s publicly applying pressure. You and some think that’s just fine and everything is great me and some others think it’s not a good sign. No one has a crystal ball so we shall see but I can guarantee everyone hopes for the best possible outcome for the chargers.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Lol scary? Umm, yeah ok.
            I'd call your example more like not caring. Half assing is an effort thing.

Not sure what about betting on yourself is not computing but sitting out won't get him there.

Not sure where your mind is.
            You don’t seem to recognize that a player isn’t a madden character and has a choice in how much effort they put forth. When we need the first down and its 3rd and 5 he turns the corner and a safety is bearing down on him, does he step out of bounds short or fight for the first down.

We need all the players bought in to going above and beyond if we want to sniff a division title and more. If Ekeler is making “business decisions” instead of putting it all out there it can be the difference between a winning and losing.

imho get a hungry rookie who wants to prove themselves and dump Ekeler for whatever cheap draft capital you can get. He’s not happy with his situation whether that’s the Chargers or just the NFL let him have that crisis elsewhere the chargers have bigger fish to fry.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Damn! No love for “The Human Cannonball” Mathews.
              His full speed suicidal head on runs into the line? Bonk! Eck is more the cannonball, physique wise, than Mathew’s. With more upstairs. God bless Mathew’s suicidal disregard of life running style. All hail.
              I really enjoyed watching Means and think he was a legit cannon ball. The guy was big and mean (no pun intended) but could really make teams pay. Probably a dinosaur in todays NFL but when you mentioned cannonball that’s who I thought of.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I really enjoyed watching Means and think he was a legit cannon ball. The guy was big and mean (no pun intended) but could really make teams pay. Probably a dinosaur in todays NFL but when you mentioned cannonball that’s who I thought of.
                Means was great, but like Christian Okoyo (sp?) these type of runners don't last long. Derrick Henry's due for a fall off very shortly . . . . . .

Imagine a RB combo with Means AND Eckler - that would be fun . . . .

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

You don’t seem to recognize that a player isn’t a madden character and has a choice in how much effort they put forth. When we need the first down and its 3rd and 5 he turns the corner and a safety is bearing down on him, does he step out of bounds short or fight for the first down.

We need all the players bought in to going above and beyond if we want to sniff a division title and more. If Ekeler is making “business decisions” instead of putting it all out there it can be the difference between a winning and losing.

imho get a hungry rookie who wants to prove themselves and dump Ekeler for whatever cheap draft capital you can get. He’s not happy with his situation whether that’s the Chargers or just the NFL let him have that crisis elsewhere the chargers have bigger fish to fry.
                  Look, the people that know and talk to him can answer that better than you or I can. I'm just going by what he says and he says he will bet on himself.
                  Tells me max effort and show he can be consistent. Betting on yourself don't go over well with half assed effort but we'll see.

If the GM or HC don't feel that is what he will give for the reasons you say,.and they will see it,..... then he will be traded. I just don't see a reason to worry at this point.

I don't think anything Madden compares to this and it never crossed my mind. I'd never compare anything Madden to the real NFL lol.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Look, the people that know and talk to him cc an answer that better than you or I can. I'm just going nynwh as the says and he says he will bet on himself.
                    Tells me max effort. If the GM or HC don't feel that is what he will give for the reasons you say, then he will be traded.

I don't think anything Madden compares to this and it never crossed my mind. I'd never compare anything Madden to the real NFL lol.
                    I agree that all of this will be decided by HC, GM and Ekeler. We’re just fans watching and oooing and ahhhing at all entertainment, including the off-season.

I only mentioned Madden to make the point that they are humans and not computer programs. Meaning the human factor comes into play but lets agree to disagree. I’ll keep being worried and you can be chill in the end we both want what’s best for the chargers whatever the outcome is so cheers.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Means was great, but like Christian Okoyo (sp?) these type of runners don't last long. Derrick Henry's due for a fall off very shortly . . . . . .

Imagine a RB combo with Means AND Eckler - that would be fun . . . .
                      homer simpson GIF
                      Last edited by Budsman; 04-09-2023, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

Austin Ekeler's rushing outputs in the losses last season

1. Week 2 against Kansas City: 39 yards on 14 carries.
                        2. Week 3 against Jacksonville: five yards on four carries.
                        3. Week 7 against Seattle: 31 yards on nine carries.
                        4. Week 9 against San Francisco: 24 yards on six carries.
                        5. Week 10 against Kansas City: 83 yards on 19 carries.
                        6. Week 12 against the Raiders: 35 yards on 10 carries.
                        7. Week 17 against Denver: 34 yards on 11 carries.
                        8. Playoff loss against Jacksonville: 35 yards on 13 carries.

Now, it wasn't all of his fault, but that's pretty bad. I really hope we take Bijan in the first round if he's there. If not, we still have to find a true #1 back in this draft.
                        Last edited by DerwinBosa; 04-09-2023, 01:52 PM.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          Austin Ekeler's rushing outputs in the losses last season

1. Week 2 against Kansas City: 39 yards on 14 carries.
                          2. Week 3 against Jacksonville: five yards on four carries.
                          3. Week 7 against Seattle: 31 yards on nine carries.
                          4. Week 9 against San Francisco: 24 yards on six carries.
                          5. Week 10 against Kansas City: 83 yards on 19 carries.
                          6. Week 12 against the Raiders: 35 yards on 10 carries.
                          7. Week 17 against Denver: 34 yards on 11 carries.
                          8. Playoff loss against Jacksonville: 35 yards on 13 carries.

Now, it wasn't all of his fault, but that's pretty bad. I really hope we take Bijan in the first round if he's there. If not, we still have to find a true #1 back in this draft.
                          Preach GIF

Comment

Working...
                          X