• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

But the argument has been that we need a guy that can run between the tackles. Gibbs may be more explosive, faster, younger, etc. BUT he's 5'9" 200lbs. Essentially the
    same size as Ekeler. We're not running between the tackles with neither one of them. If Ekeler can't do it ( I argued that he does, problem being our O line blocking) neither will
    Gibbs. But real issue is that he's a replacement for Ekeler in case he leaves this year or next. He may be better but we still would need a bigger 2nd RB. Injury especially for
    smaller RB running between the tackles is high. I compared him to CMC, much injured.
    80% of the running backs in this years draft are between 200-210 pounds which places Gibbs right in the middle. No running back is really capable of running 20 times a game every game of the season.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Looking forward to better blocking/scheme, whoever is our RBs.

Comment

• charger1_sj
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

80% of the running backs in this years draft are between 200-210 pounds which places Gibbs right in the middle. No running back is really capable of running 20 times a game every game of the season.
        Yes but that's what some people want. It would equate to 340 attempts. Too much if you ask me. That's why a two back system is much better.

Gibbs being 200 puts him on the lower end of the scale, not the middle. Some people claim he's too small to run in between the tackles. I don't
        think so and I don't want the guy carrying the ball 300 times in a season.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

But the argument has been that we need a guy that can run between the tackles. Gibbs may be more explosive, faster, younger, etc. BUT he's 5'9" 200lbs. Essentially the
          same size as Ekeler. We're not running between the tackles with neither one of them. If Ekeler can't do it ( I argued that he does, problem being our O line blocking) neither will
          Gibbs. But real issue is that he's a replacement for Ekeler in case he leaves this year or next. He may be better but we still would need a bigger 2nd RB. Injury especially for
          smaller RB running between the tackles is high. I compared him to CMC, much injured.
          I too believe we do need a power back. For the life of me I can't understand why it's so hard to find one. I'd like all 3; Eckler, Gibbs and power back. Whatever happened to Horvath?

Or does the team not share our 'vision' and doesn't prioritize a bruiser?

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Yes but that's what some people want. It would equate to 340 attempts. Too much if you ask me. That's why a two back system is much better.

Gibbs being 200 puts him on the lower end of the scale, not the middle. Some people claim he's too small to run in between the tackles. I don't
            think so and I don't want the guy carrying the ball 300 times in a season.
            If you would have watched the video clip of Chris Simms he added some mass for the combine...
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Ekeler had another interview

I think its time to trade him - he doesn't want to be a Charger - he wants to get paid - which is fine
              But the Chargers are pushing for 2023 - need a committed team

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think its time to trade him - he doesn't want to be a Charger - he wants to get paid - which is fine
                Link to an article about the interview:

He definitely wants to get paid appears to be disappointed that the market isn't there, but I have yet to see a comment from him that would burn any bridges. If he returns (which I suspect happens) it would be a prove it year I don't see him becoming any kind of a distraction.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Link to an article about the interview:

He definitely wants to get paid appears to be disappointed that the market isn't there, but I have yet to see a comment from him that would burn any bridges. If he returns (which I suspect happens) it would be a prove it year I don't see him becoming any kind of a distraction.
                  Feels like he got “punched in the face” by the Chargers.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It has to be hard for a successful player to realize that, in the end, the NFL is a business about what you offer the team going forward and you are just one piece of a big roster puzzle where good players get cut or don't get the money they feel they deserve.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Chargers aren't talking extension anymore

Ekeler still trying to find a team

Draft day trade I can see happening

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Chargers aren't talking extension anymore

Ekeler still trying to find a team

Draft day trade I can see happening
                        I just have a hard time seeing a trade happening now. The money he wants isn't there and to think a team will give up picks and give that money to a RB who is much nearer the end than the beginning just seems big stretch to me. But maybe a team will be desperate and trade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

He didn't say he didn't want to be a Charger.

He is finding out the market isn't there. His agent has been trying to find a trade for him so saying it's time to trade him....what do you think they have been doing?

Telesco isnt going to give him away and then someone has to pay him.

Looks like we have him for one more year. It isn't like they won't extend him, but it isn't going to be for what he wants.

Comment

Working...
                          X