• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Half assing it will just get him hurt and that won't help him at all.
    The way your mind works is scary all by itself. Half-assing it can mean just about anything including not going out on the field when you have a hangnail.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

The way your mind works is scary all by itself. Half-assing it can mean just about anything including not going out on the field when you have a hangnail.
      Lol scary? Umm, yeah ok.
      I'd call your example more like not caring. Half assing is an effort thing.

Not sure what about betting on yourself is not computing but sitting out won't get him there.

Not sure where your mind is.

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Tangent alert! Sort of miss Ryan Mathews a little. “The human cannonball.” Some runs he ran…no regard for life or limb. Sometimes I worried for the guy. I mean, damn. Check that guys brain after he dies.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

So what exactly has happened after he has been interviewed? Besides you being all riled up about it?

After all you said he has complained about, he still said he would play out his deal, bet on himself and be a FA. Thats all that matters. He isnt getting more money from another team this year. Maybe not next either. He just mis read the market....well his agent did.
          His next contract will pay him less, not more. He’s not wrong to go for as much money as he can get now, as he will never look this good. But he’ll get less. Is what it is.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

His next contract will pay him less, not more. He’s not wrong to go for as much money as he can get now, as he will never look this good. But he’ll get less. Is what it is.
            Agree with this. He could get the same if he has another good year but he will not get more, agree.
            Look for McCaffrey to be released or restructured after this season.

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Lol scary? Umm, yeah ok.
              I'd call your example more like not caring. Half assing is an effort thing.

Not sure what about betting on yourself is not computing but sitting out won't get him there.

Not sure where your mind is.
              When you don't care you half-ass it.

Not up your butt that's for sure!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Agree with this. He could get the same if he has another good year but he will not get more, agree.
                Eck…Two year contract, $19.5 million. Incentives. A proven #1 RB, even tho he shouldn’t have been. He’l take it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

When you don't care you half-ass it.

Not up your butt that's for sure!
                  Why the hostility? Dont agree, I dont care. Not asking you to agree with me.
                  We are only projecting. You have guys you want that bad, cool. I dont agree on Gibbs thats all.
                  And im not all that concerned with Ekelers situation til it becomes a real thing which right now, it isnt.

Ohh, Scary!

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The smart move would’ve been to take whatever extension/extra $$$ was offered, cuz best he was gonna get. Now even that is off the table. Dumb agent, dumb player.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Yea he is. It’s obvious, so the Spanii did something crappy and now it’s ok for Ekeler to do it? Okkkkkay.

Also the Hopkins point went way over your head.

Over Your Head Dodge GIF by Jeremy Speed Schwartz
                      Perhaps,

but you spectacularly failed to take notice of my point,
                      which is that it is a business,
                      and that Ekeler is preceding with that in mind by applying public pressure to the organization.
                      If the Chargers don't budge, he loses absolutely nothing by doing it.
                      I'm sure his team mates aren't butt hurt about the stare down.

It is your opinion that he is doing something crappy;
                      and yet you fail to explain how what he is doing is crappy.

Did he lie? Is he bargaining in bad faith? Are his demands outlandish?
                      Characterizing his behavior as whining is an opinion on your part; one I do not agree with.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                        Tangent alert! Sort of miss Ryan Mathews a little. “The human cannonball.” Some runs he ran…no regard for life or limb. Sometimes I worried for the guy. I mean, damn. Check that guys brain after he dies.
                        Valiant effort - commendable!! But they blew right by you . . . . . . .

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Valiant effort - commendable!! But they blew right by you . . . . . . .
                          Damn! No love for “The Human Cannonball” Mathews.
                          His full speed suicidal head on runs into the line? Bonk! Eck is more the cannonball, physique wise, than Mathew’s. With more upstairs. God bless Mathew’s suicidal disregard of life running style. All hail.

Comment

Working...
                          X