• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

For one year? I don't think so. Now I'm not saying a draft day deal for Ekeler is not possible. I see two possible scenarios.

1. Chargers get a RB in the draft they are happy with and trade Ekeler for a late round draft pick OR some mid-level player for depth.
    This is sort of the same line of thinking you put up. I just think 1 year of Ekeler is not going to bring in much.

2. Chargers get involved in a trade where they move up or down the draft board and use Ekeler to sweeten the pot.

What I don't see. Eleker getting a long term deal with some other team in return for a 3rd round pick or something of that nature.
    Fair and well stated. I think if Ekeler is traded -- its the second option -- -sweetner as part of a trade

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

don't think Ekeler is getting traded and won't be surprised if we don't draft an RB @all....
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Fleet 1
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Kauai
        • Send PM

Bills will offer their 3rd for Austin. We flip 1sts with the Giants. They give us their 3rd.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
          Bills will offer their 3rd for Austin. We flip 1sts with the Giants. They give us their 3rd.

Which weapons do you now select ?
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Embarrassing ? OK.

You know how important ball security is.

Ekeler will fumble with money and fairness on his mind.

Did we not learn from MG III ??
            Are you implying that he would sabotage games to get back at the team for not paying what he wants?
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Which weapons do you now select ?
              I take Gibbs at 25. Package my 2nd and high 3rd to get up in the top of round 2. Grab TE Washington. Look to grab Mingo with one of my 3rds. Go BPA on D for my other 3. Same with my 4th.

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                Moderate Skeptic
                • May 2022
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats part of the trade compensation to me - $6m of cap space. Thats not insignificant. Can probably get a pretty decent player - say JJ3 or Leonard Floyd - depending on what the draft brings the team

So its just not Ekeler for say a 5th round pick. Its the 5th round pick + Player A and maybe Player B for Ekeler
                No on both . . . . . . . . I'm sure there's others we can pick up with Ecklers $$$'s.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I take Gibbs at 25. Package my 2nd and high 3rd to get up in the top of round 2. Grab TE Washington. Look to grab Mingo with one of my 3rds. Go BPA on D for my other 3. Same with my 4th.
                  It seems like every year, the meat of the draft is 25 to 75. Late round 1 teams get gems that drop. Amassing several picks in this range is gold.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

It seems like every year, the meat of the draft is 25 to 75. Late round 1 teams get gems that drop. Amassing several picks in this range is gold.
                    I really like it in that range again this season. I do think a 1st round graded player will be there at 21. Couple of guys projected late 1 into 2 i have 1st round grades on.

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

LOL, so ekeler only produced because he was featured? So by that logic why draft running backs ever again? Apparently all we have to do is “feature” UDRFA backs and they’ll lead the league in touchdowns in back to back years guaranteed…
                      That’s intentionally dense, you know what I mean.

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

No on both . . . . . . . . I'm sure there's others we can pick up with Ecklers $$$'s.

I am open to other players - just not sure what is left on the market - of course dependin on the draft more than Edge or Safety
                        Unless they trade Ekeler and sign Zeke as they didn't get RB

What names are you thinking of?

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Are you implying that he would sabotage games to get back at the team for not paying what he wants?
                          I doubt he fumbles intentionally but do you honestly think Ekeler pushes his hardest on the last year of a deal that he feels underpaid on? It’s pretty easy for everyone to understand that we will not get the very best of Ekeler because he clearly doesn’t want to go into his last FA hurt.

Comment

Working...
                          X