• Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I don't agree that it's "dirty laundry"
    he's not saying anything bad about the organization that isn't already implied, specifically, that the Chargers do not value him at his asking price.
    If anything, he's protecting his own brand before he starts accumulating fan-criticism (moreso).
    Hes also leveraging for public appeal, not succeeding imo, but there is no ill intent here.
    He can be frustrated all he wants, he hasn't crossed a line yet imo.
    And he knows he has to get the money now because if he waits a year - and the chargers offense looks different this coming season - his numbers and production (fantasy points) are going to drop which makes it much tougher to negotiate the value

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ya I think an extra million which is a generous offer and well played move by the front office imo.
      we're not trying to play hardball with out stud players, that goes a long way sometimes.
      I would have probably offered a couple million based on his last two years plus some incentive bonuses based on his numbers this year

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
        I like Ekeler but the lukewarm reaction he is receiving in the trade market is sort of telling where his market value is. He is really a great 3rd down back.

He is sort of a poor mans Christian McCaffery , a step down in both strength and speed. The fact we were missing other weapons explains his #s more .

If he was more like a real CMC the phones would have been lighting up.
        Hmm, the last 3 seasons Ekeler has blown McCaffrey away in stats/ production.

Granted McCaffrey has been injured which is another thing about him that isn't as Good.

I keep seeing some say CMC is stronger yet they weigh about the same and Ekeler is pound for pound the strongest guy on our team,,.... so I call BS on that as well.

Not to mention even at 12 mil, which he won't get..... he costs less.tjan.CMC. but at 6.25 mil he is a bargain compared to CMC.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmm, the last 3 seasons Ekeler has blown McCaffrey away in stats/ production.

Granted McCaffrey has been injured which is another thing about him that isn't as Good.

I keep seeing some say CMC is stronger yet they weigh about the same and Ekeler is pound for pound the strongest guy on our team,,.... so I call BS on that as well.

Not to mention even at 12 mil, which he won't get..... he costs less.tjan.CMC. but at 6.25 mil he is a bargain compared to CMC.
          He is no CMC. CMC is 5'11 205, Ekeler is only 5'8 200 so no CMC is stronger ( as in bigger and built more to be a #1 RB)

He is a poor mans CMC which is fine. His cap # is 7.75M which seems fair. His #s will go down now the WRs are healthy again and they may add a RB in the draft.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

He is no CMC. CMC is 5'11 205, Ekeler is only 5'8 200 so no CMC is stronger ( as in bigger and built more to be a #1 RB)

He is a poor mans CMC which is fine. Just explaining the lack of interest for a 3rd down back
            205 isn't built to be RB#1. That's a RB by commity weight.

And Id bet Ek is stronger than he is in the weight room..

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

He is a poor mans CMC which is fine. His cap # is 7.75M which seems fair. His #s will go down now the WRs are healthy again and they may add a RB in the draft.
              Really?

CMC has a 4.6 yards per carry and 28 rushing TDs in his career.
              Ekeler has a 4.6 yards per carry and 34 TDs in his career.

CMC has an 8.5 yard average per reception and 22 receiving TDs in his career.
              Ekeler has an 8.9 yard average per reception and 29 receiving TDs in his career.

CMC has missed 14 more games due to injury than Ekeler has in their 7 year careers.

What the stats show me is that while CMC has gotten a few more touches, he scores less, is hurt more and literally no more effective than Ekeler. As for CMC being stronger - really? Ekeler is pound for pound one of the strongest players in the entire league.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2022
                • Send PM

Ekeler is actually 5'10" not 5'8". So he's 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter. But if he was 5'8" he would more dense than CMC, which is what you like in
                a RB.

In the weight room Eleker is stronger than CMC. CMC is not what you would call a bell cow RB. Bell cow RB are rare in the NFL and don't last
                very long. Zeke is essentially done at 27 years of age. He was very good and what you would a bell cow RB. CMC and Ekeler are of the same bred.
                When used too much CMC gets hurt. So far we've been lucky with Ekeler. He shouldn't be touching the football +300 times like last year.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Well if you believe the rumors the team did offer him more, but it was rejected as not enough. My guess, maybe $8 mil tops and a year extension, maybe two. I can see that getting turned down from what Eke has said, oh well.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Well if you believe the rumors the team did offer him more, but it was rejected as not enough. My guess, maybe $8 mil tops and a year extension, maybe two. I can see that getting turned down from what Eke has said, oh well.
                    If that's true he can come back and sign if the Chargers make it available. Of course if we get Bijan, which is doubtful we can just move on
                    from him. As it is the Chargers hold all the cards. Post draft things may change. We are in a waiting period.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Ekeler is actually 5'10" not 5'8". So he's 1 inch shorter and 5 pounds lighter. But if he was 5'8" he would more dense than CMC, which is what you like in
                      a RB.

In the weight room Eleker is stronger than CMC. CMC is not what you would call a bell cow RB. Bell cow RB are rare in the NFL and don't last
                      very long. Zeke is essentially done at 27 years of age. He was very good and what you would a bell cow RB. CMC and Ekeler are of the same bred.
                      When used too much CMC gets hurt. So far we've been lucky with Ekeler. He shouldn't be touching the football +300 times like last year.
                      No, he is actually 5'8 5/8.
                      5'10" is exaggerated by someone.

He measured that height at his pro day which I linked below and pasted the results. But if you want to see it in the link, click on it and scroll to take bottom.

But I am willing to bet he is maybe a bit over 200 with his workouts he does.

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-day-res...p3000000792032

RB Austin Ekeler (5-8 5/8, 198) ran the 40 in 4.49 and 4.48 seconds, had a 40.5-inch vertical, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.28-second short shuttle, and a 6.92-second three-cone. He's a projected post-draft free agent.

Comment

• charger1_sj
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2022
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

No, he is actually 5'8 5/8.
                        5'10" is exaggerated by someone.

He measured that height at his pro day . But I am willing to bet he is maybe a bit over 200 with his workouts he does.

https://www.nfl.com/news/pro-day-res...p3000000792032

RB Austin Ekeler (5-8 5/8, 198) ran the 40 in 4.49 and 4.48 seconds, had a 40.5-inch vertical, a 10-8 broad jump, a 4.28-second short shuttle, and a 6.92-second three-cone. He's a projected post-draft free agent.
                        Profootball reference has him listed at 5'10". They are reliable. They got LT and Sproles correct and as far as I can tell they don't make many mistakes.
                        CBS sports also has him listed at 5'10". I will check other sources.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Profootball reference has him listed at 5'10". They are reliable. They got LT and Sproles correct and as far as I can tell they don't make many mistakes.
                          I know. I'm showing you actual proday results from Gil Brandt who posts them every year. I was surprised to see him listed 5'10" there.

Ek wasn't invited to the combine which is likely where pro reference gets their player measurements. However, even our depth chart has him at 5'10" so, idk. I believe combine and proday measurements.

Believe it,.... or not. He isn't 5'10" to my eyes.
                          Someone here last year thought he was 5'7".

I'd like to see Ek standing next to Kyler Murray lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X