• Send PM

image.png
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Miles Sanders who just had 1269 yards and and 11 TD's just signed a 4 year contract for 25 million dollars, and Ek is being told by his agent to go out and look for close to 12 million dollars a year. If he comes back now how many games Does Ek plan to sit out so he isn't overworked for his new contract next season, because of sore hamstrings or a bad back???. I've seen enough of Ekeler on the Chargers! Get whatever you can for him even a 4th or 5th round pick.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Aside from the tagged RBs, has any FA RB signed for more money than Ekeler will make this year? All I have seen have been between a little over $1 million to $6 million per year.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
          Miles Sanders who just had 1269 yards and and 11 TD's just signed a 4 year contract for 25 million dollars, and Ek is being told by his agent to go out and look for close to 12 million dollars a year. If he comes back now how many games Does Ek plan to sit out so he isn't overworked for his new contract next season, because of sore hamstrings or a bad back???. I've seen enough of Ekeler on the Chargers! Get whatever you can for him even a 4th or 5th round pick.
          Not me. If he is not able to work out a trade that works for him and the Chargers, which I now fully expect, I welcome him back with open arms.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I am with you --- Weddle was a "good guy" until he became a PITA
            So agree - take your cap space and pick

sign a guy like JJ3
            maybe a guy like Aboushi for OL depth
            and roll until the draft

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

I also think he’s back. and I don’t think Eke will MG’ it when he comes back. For one, just look at MG’s subsequent career and you see a free fall face plant and diminished contracts to go with it - so if the goal is to get paid, following the MG path is just dumb.

If he dogs it in 2023 season, he just diminishes his contract offers for 2024 when he is a UFA.

Plus, not sure if he has “dog it” in his DNA.

We still need Bijan!

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am with you --- Weddle was a "good guy" until he became a PITA
                So agree - take your cap space and pick

sign a guy like JJ3
                maybe a guy like Aboushi for OL depth
                and roll until the draft
                don’t start me on Weddle. He got a Top 5 (was it Top 3?) FS contract even though he wasn’t Top 5 and then bitched about it the last 2 year endlessly. Then he made up a lot of shit on his way out and talked shit forever after he left.

Fuck that guy. He can eat a bag of dicks.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  I also think he’s back. and I don’t think Eke will MG’ it when he comes back. For one, just look at MG’s subsequent career and you see a free fall face plant and diminished contracts to go with it - so if the goal is to get paid, following the MG path is just dumb.

If he dogs it in 2023 season, he just diminishes his contract offers for 2024 when he is a UFA.

Plus, not sure if he has “dog it” in his DNA.

We still need Bijan!

Here is a question: would you trade Ekeler, meaning his draft pick in a trade plus the Chargers own 21 to move up to get Bijan

Comment

• Tbone33101
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

My god this is just a bad take, you realize Ekeler had over 1600 yards and 18 tds right? If people don’t want to pay 12 million I get it but stop acting like Ekeler isn’t elite, his production is 100 percent elite. But let’s compare him to a back on the best statistical running team in decades who had like 500 less yards total and 7 less TDs smh

Comment

• Budsman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is a question: would you trade Ekeler, meaning his draft pick in a trade plus the Chargers own 21 to move up to get Bijan
                      No because I think he falls to us. I don’t think anyone takes Bijan in the teens. that would be giving away Ekeler and I would prefer a pick.

What I wouldn’t mind is trading up in the second with Ekeler to grab a top WR or TE that falls to the second.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Tell me again why people would welcome back a guy "with open arms" who doesn't want to be here? I'm sure Ekeler is motivated by money - what football player isn't? - but maybe there's also a part of him that doesn't want to play for a franchise that's mired in mediocrity (at their best) and plays in the same division as the Chiefs?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Aside from the tagged RBs, has any FA RB signed for more money than Ekeler will make this year? All I have seen have been between a little over $1 million to $6 million per year.
                          I think Sanders at 6 is the highest of FAs

Comment

Working...
                          X